Thread: Clearly Racist

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    According to the Urban Dictionary (most reliable source on the internet. /sarcasm)

Re-nig:
    To take back, or pull out of something (Usually used in transactions)

Deleted
    Let them say it.

The funny thing is people love to say "freedom of speech blah blah" when this kind of stuff happens, and then later on you see republicans whining about being stereotyped as a bunch of redneck racists in another topic.

If you don't want to be stereotyped you need to actually distance yourselves from the fringe groups, not support or stay silent on them. Whether it's legal or not, it's basic politics to make it clear that fringe groups don't represent you. You can defend their freedom of speech if you want but don't lick their ass too much while doing it.

Anyway stickers like these will just reinforce the idea of giving Obama a sympathy vote or underdog vote for being black. So these people are just shooting themselves in the foot if they want Obama to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by andyrockin123 View Post
    According to the Urban Dictionary (most reliable source on the internet. /sarcasm)

Re-nig:
    To take back, or pull out of something (Usually used in transactions)
    So if we use the actual meaning of the word, they're saying don't take Obama out of the whitehouse? That makes no sense considering the kind of sites that have been selling the stickers.

Clearly they weren't using the correct meaning then were they, because they're using it to literally mean "don't re-elect a nigger". Bit of a difference there.

These issues happen all the time with words like that. Look at niggardly for example. If you use it in its correct way without any racist undertones it should be acceptable (even though the PC crowd can get a bit overexcited at times like that), but the point is if you go around a city yelling NIGGARDLY when black people walk past, it's pretty clear you're being racist. Because you aren't using the word in its correct meaning, you're just using it because it has nig in it.
    Last edited by mmoce719e7ace2; 2012-03-18 at 09:35 AM.

Deleted
    Im pretty sick of people saying its racist, Like its some big deal to be a racist, So what?.
    Obama is a puppet, He turned America into a S**t hole. I hate the bloke.

If we had a "white" channel, it would be racist. If we had "Whitepeoplemeet.com", it would be racist. If we had a magazine "Colorless", it would be racist. I'm personally not for that sticker, its only gonna cause more strike between whites and blacks... and I think its silly they get so mad over that word... A lot of them call each other it and apparently have no respect for each other, it only pushes some of the simple minded white folk to do the exact same thing. Go ahead, infract me...

Funny thing is, there is people who think this is some sort of conspiracy by the Democrats who allegedly printed it to push a racist agenda in Obama's favor for the upcoming elections.
    *tin foil hat*

10+ Year Old Account
    "Wow your ignorance astonishes me. I will say it again, the word "nigger" means someone who is extremely uneducated or ignorant regardless of race or ethnicity in common day and age. Black people are not niggers. Do your research, and no, I probably know more about Black American history than you do... we can go toe to toe about it anytime."

Sigh, why do I bother no it's not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger#Usages

Not going over this anymore.
    Last edited by southernpride; 2012-03-18 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southernpride View Post

Sigh, why do I bother no it's not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger#Usages

Not going over this anymore.
    I said modern day and age buddy.

Dictionary.com

Nigger

- noun
    1. a. black person b. member of any dark-skinned people -1600-1960
    2. person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.-1960+

Wikipedia is not a credible source
    Last edited by Dream Vill4in; 2012-03-18 at 10:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Vill4in View Post
    I said modern day and age buddy.

Dictionary.com

Nigger

- noun
    1. a. black person b. member of any dark-skinned people -1600-1960
    2. person of any race or origin regarded as contemptible, inferior, ignorant, etc.-1960+

Wikipedia is not a credible source
    Yes it is when your trying to find the definition of a simple word that everyone in the world will see i ast, here if your going to argue that.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nigger
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nigger
    http://www.websters-online-dictionar...&sa=Search#906
    And go read a dictionary.
    Last edited by southernpride; 2012-03-18 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by southernpride View Post
    Yes it is when your trying to find the definition of a simple word that everyone in the world will see it, here if your going to argue that.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nigger
    http://www.thefreedictionary.com/nigger
    http://www.websters-online-dictionar...&sa=Search#906
    And go read a dictionary.
    You don't understand my point. The word "nigger" has evolved to not only mean black people, but people of all colors who fall under the category of ignorant. You need to go read a dictionary... you will find that they have varying definitions of the word. Black people are not niggers, I am not a nigger, are you? Btw i thought you weren't going over it anymore.
    Last edited by Dream Vill4in; 2012-03-18 at 11:23 AM.

It should be allowed because of the constitution. But it should only bring shame. I don't care if you really like Obama or if you totally despise him if you are an American then he is your President. That should bring a certain level of respect -- after all I had to live for 8 years under Bush while he learned his ABCs. But I didn't shamelessly attack the uneducated(but heavily documented) rich elites of the nation as a result. Just doesn't make sense because some of them are smart people. Just like it doesn't make sense to kick the black people of America just because you don't like Obama and honestly that is what I see happening with a bumper sticker like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torkan View Post
    Im pretty sick of people saying its racist, Like its some big deal to be a racist, So what?.
    Obama is a puppet, He turned America into a S**t hole. I hate the bloke.
    You don't have to be racist to hate Obama. If you hate him for his actions that's fine.

If you hate him because of his colour that is wrong. It's not a difficult concept to grasp for christs sake. What decade do you live in where racism is acceptable still?
    Using racial slurs against him when there are plenty of reasonable arguments not to elect him is bad. Again, not a difficult concept. You should be focusing on his policies not his colour.

I have to laugh at all the people getting their dictionaries out. It doesn't matter what the dictionary says, it's about what people MEAN when they say the words. Nobody cares if you call your white friend a nigger when he does something stupid, but saying something like "don't re-nig in 2012" is obviously racist. How often does the term "re-nig" come up in election cycles? Never? Did democrats say "don't re-nig in 2004" when talking about Bush? No. I wonder why..? Because he wasn't fucking black, that's why.

This forum seriously needs a rule against blatant semantics arguing. Nobody thinks you're cool or funny when you start arguing over a dictionary. That's the thing about the PC crowd and also the blatantly racist crowd. They both think that words have 1 absolute meaning, which is why both groups act so stupid all the time. The PC crowd thinks that whenever a potentially bad word is used it's offensive. It's not. And the racist crowd are constantly in denial about how offensive some words can be when used in a certain context.

Words do not have just 1 meaning, it depends on how you use them. A dictionary doesn't magically change what a word means when it's used in a certain context. Dictionary's follow behind language, not the other way around.

Deleted
    This thread already made far too many people get infracted for racist remarks, locking this to avoid further damage.