Thread: Baddie

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Baddie

Hi guys just coming in here to QQ. There was this guy in EVERY game i play that just can't seem to do well. He thinks he knows how to play most roles but can never manage to get the ball rolling on anything. He watches his map and last hits when appropriate but he still finds himself getting owned later on. He is in every single loss I;ve had and he wants to improve but is frustrated with it. Can you help him at all? I can give you any info you need. (The "he" referenced is me btw.)

what roles is 'he' having most trouble with?

how is 'he' getting owned mid/late game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is "he" so proud that "he" couldn't come onto the forums and post himself?

Kidding, anyway, a bit more information would be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck View Post
    I find it quite disheartening that I got an erection just by reading "Cowboy boots".
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    The greatest generation is long dead? Last I checked, Miley Cyrus, Kanye West, Rebecca Black, and One Direction are all still kickin'...

Well I just made the post like that trying to be funny we can talk about me normally :-P.

The only time I do well at all is morgana mid. AD bot, support and tanking give me trouble. As tank i'll ping, run in pop my cds and get squished while my team /lols from our tower. AD bot the only char i have had success with is Ashe but even then their carries always come back later and woop up on me. As a support i get blamed for losing the lane without fail even though my carry stands around staring at their toons boobs.

I have to assume i'm the bad one since im the only common factor in all my games.

EDIT: if anyone wants to chat on LoL my username is Aurawin.

Deleted
    Could be a lot, your position could be off, your build could be off, your ability to make the right decision at the right time (ie initiating at bad moments/positions etc)...

Try and record some of your games, watch them and look for flaws you can do better. It's easier to spot them while watching and being able to re-wind, trust me, this helps a ton.

Sorry, i meant 'he'.

Haha yeah i'll try recording my games and watching them. Seems like a great idea. er i mean i'll suggest it to him.

Deleted
    Great, tell him good luck and let us know how it goes :P

10+ Year Old Account
    i find playing support or even tank with random pugs marginal at best.. since most of them dont know you or your playstyle.. they will sit back and watch you rush to your own doom.. my advice.. pick champs you enjoy playing.. and practice with them.. and learn to be self sufficient. dont rely to heavily on pugged teammates as they are most likely in your shoes.. learning their role.. or champ.. and not very confident. practice on keeping yourself alive more, losing stacks on items you've bought due to unnecessary deaths makes you squishy late game.

Also.. focus more on just harassing the other team early game.. as fun as it is to get "first blood" its not worth giving it up to being greedy either.. if you get it.. YAY if a teammate gets it.. good for them.. just dont let the other team score it off of you.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2012-03-18 at 09:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised Ashe is the only carry you do well with. Pretty much any other AD carry has an easier time in the beginning.

For some reason it feels like you have a hard time with getting harassed and just run to safety eating damage.

Deleted
    Okay as more info is needed to make a good advice go to http://www.lolpro.com/ and watch some of the videos and learn your champion, if you get owned late game it could be your build that is the problem, but I don't know tbh need more info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    I'm surprised Ashe is the only carry you do well with. Pretty much any other AD carry has an easier time in the beginning.

For some reason it feels like you have a hard time with getting harassed and just run to safety eating damage.
    i started playing with Ashe.. but moved on to Miss Fortune... just as you said she was much easier to play as AD carry for me.. maybe the OP can try her as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post

kog'maw wants to talk to you he is in no position great at escaping then Ashe

edit: You could try playing some coop games against the bots it would give you the opportunity to learn from watching others while not dying if your not paying attention all the time.
    Last edited by mmoc0daa3322dd; 2012-03-18 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is true, but he also has greater range (after a few levels, that is) and more damage than Ashe. I'd rather trade with Ashe than Kog'maw.

He's also slightly faster (barely, but still).

Well ashe's volley does decent dmg coupled with an AA or two. Thinking on what you guys are saying my issue is probably position. Do you guys play with the screen locked or unlocked. I do it unlocked but alot of the time i find myself accidently throwing my screen up trying aim an emergency skill shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlocked. I let go of that a long time ago.

How do you normally do in laning anyway? And how do you die? What's the way it typically plays out for you?

Deleted
    unlocked never liked it locked but must admit I sometimes run into stupid situations because I'm elsewhere on the map then on my toon.

Well, a good example of how i play is this. I was playing a game earlier today and I think I found a big issue of mine. When 100 champs pile up in a team fight and i'm spamming my abilities (as corki) I lose my position and cant find myself. I guess i tunnel vision? (damn you call of duty)

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple question: why are you even in the middle of it all?

either it moves to me or i click to shoot an ability and it moves me instead heh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Work on that first. You don't want to be in the middle of things as AD. You have range for a reason.