Thread: Still Broken?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Post Still Broken?

I thought I'd stop by here and see how those still playing feel about the game as a whole.

My reasons for leaving were many. Having played from the beta I was hooked from the start. What began to wear on me right away though was the bugs. I recall around lvl 10 not being able to get the NPC that gives the first actual light saber to talk to me no matter what I did. It was infuriating because i was stuck literally for 2 hours waiting on a a support ticket. Luckily it finally fixed itself. (I got that support ticket response 3 days later in my mailbox). After max level it was the imbalance between Empire and Republic and oh yea....the effing bugs. After the the patch that attempted fix Ilum failed miserably by glitching a bunch of extra valor to the imps it was only a matter of time before I realized that this game wasn't worth the monthly fee to me. I subsequently quit. Aside from the ability delay (Is that still an issue?) I really enjoyed the PVP which is really what I'm all about anyways.

Anyway, do you guys think it's better, worse, or the same?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Cancelled my sub today. Haven't logged in for over a month.

The game just bored me once I hit 50. I found the bugs a minor inconvenience when they occurred. The main problems for me are that the game is boring to look at, with drab environments, no hi res textures, crappy AA unless forced via .ini or via nvidia control panel, all races look the same, no freedom - every planet is like a series of pipes, too much impassible terrain, too many walls.

Once you run out of class story, the game becomes a sub wow clone.

Levelling an alt is painful because 99% of the quests are the same.

edit: Sad thing is can't really be bothered with wow atm either, maybe i'm done with MMOs

Quote Originally Posted by Crookers View Post
    Cancelled my sub today. Haven't logged in for over a month.

The game just bored me once I hit 50. I found the bugs a minor inconvenience when they occurred. The main problems for me are that the game is boring to look at, with drab environments, no hi res textures...
    Being added in 1.2

crappy AA unless forced via .ini or via nvidia control panel
    Was added about a month ago

all races look the same, no freedom - every planet is like a series of pipes, too much impassible terrain, too many walls.
    Hoth? Tatooine? Ilum? etc.

Once you run out of class story, the game becomes a sub wow clone.
    Hardly, but this is more an opinion thing. I still find 10x more things to do in TOR than I did in WoW at endgame.

Levelling an alt is painful because 99% of the quests are the same.
    Now that's just ridiculous.

Ah, what's the point...

Deleted
    I have also cancelled my subs. Have 30 days left, so will see that out and leave.

There are good things about the game though, the raiding is fun. I also very much enjoyed the class quests and companions I thought were a really good idea.

But the reasons to leave are in greater numbers. Bugs, the daily grind of quests/hard mode FP's (which I don't do any more so all of those dungeons are useless to me now) the bugs were very irritating.... being made to wipe on easy raid bosses due to bugs and in most cases taking longer to kill than the "recognised hard boss".

Recruitment for your guild became impossible on some servers for if the population was small then you were stuck in a stalemate with all of the other guilds. You can't X transfer yet, which means if people did want to move they would have to start from scratch. There was also no dedicated server forum, which would have helped with recruitment no end, rather than spamming trade for example. Yet I think they did this as well as many others things to stop the community from properly galvanising together and complaining in mass about the troubles they were facing.

Certain FP's have major bugs in them that make them impossible to get past. In fact, the hardest thing about the game raid wise is trying to get around some of the many bugs associated with this game.

But like I said before, raids are fun. However, I can not do this without another 7 people, so after that I am stuck with nothing to do. And as the person above pointed out, it turned out to be a WoW clone but without the people playing on the servers.

Give it 6 months and bar the REAL hard core players you will find most servers have died a sad death.

But they just weren't blue sky thinking enough about this MMO.

Deleted
    the thread will probably be closed because you said something about this game...and yeah

im a hard Star Wars fan...but this game is everything else than enjoyable. I cant believe there are really people saying this game is good after I tried Rift now. Rift is awesome compared to swtor and that makes me really sad

Being added in 1.2
    Hardly, but this is more an opinion thing. I still find 10x more things to do in TOR than I did in WoW at endgame.
    And that is something I really dont understand, but you are probalby only a star wars fan like me. There is less content with more bugs and less people in swtor than in wow.And everything is way easier. Way too easy for me, and im a casual, i cant enjoy harder thigns...but that is definetly too easy
    Last edited by mmoc50a729cd06; 2012-03-18 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fannyd View Post
    Being added in 1.2
    Like what exactly? I can not see how this differs from WoW in any shape of form, bar maybe space combat and how often can you keep redoing the same quests over and over again. But if you have something you are doing that others aren't aware of then please share!!

And yes, 1.2 will be bringing in many changes, but it's too late. The game should have been shipped as 1.2. But now most of the population on many servers have given up already and returned to WoW or waiting for GW2 - which will kill this game off I am sure.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Disruptive View Post
    I thought I'd stop by here and see how those still playing feel about the game as a whole.

My reasons for leaving were many. Having played from the beta I was hooked from the start. What began to wear on me right away though was the bugs. I recall around lvl 10 not being able to get the NPC that gives the first actual light saber to talk to me no matter what I did. It was infuriating because i was stuck literally for 2 hours waiting on a a support ticket. Luckily it finally fixed itself. (I got that support ticket response 3 days later in my mailbox). After max level it was the imbalance between Empire and Republic and oh yea....the effing bugs. After the the patch that attempted fix Ilum failed miserably by glitching a bunch of extra valor to the imps it was only a matter of time before I realized that this game wasn't worth the monthly fee to me. I subsequently quit. Aside from the ability delay (Is that still an issue?) I really enjoyed the PVP which is really what I'm all about anyways.

Anyway, do you guys think it's better, worse, or the same?

Thanks in advance for your responses.
    The ability delay has definitely been fixed. TOR still isn't as responsive as WoW though. I would say that if bugs where the major contributing factor to you leaving, that you should give it another go. A lot of work has been done by BW. Also, just by toying around on the 1.2 PTS, they have done even further optimization, bug fixes and added a lot of QOL features.

The only reason I'm still subscribed at all is because I have a group of friends I regularly raid with. If I didn't it'd be close to impossible to get a republic group on my server together to raid. It's a ghost town there. If I level a character right now the world is completely dead. You rarely see other players around.

And I do agree that the worlds feel like they are a series of tubes and beyond getting datacrons they are mostly ghost towns for level 50's. There is absolutely no reason to go back to them.

The bugs don't bother me that much, however there have been quite a few in hard mode raiding that have made us wipe a few times. Ex: Cover suddenly not working on one attempt exempting me from 3/4 of my abilities.

Dailies are also horribly boring and they are a punishment to do (the ilum/belsavis quest dailies). You have to do them if you raid and you have to repair your gear. I wish there was an alternative to them where you could get the same number of tokens doing something else.
    "Punching things is cool and stuff. Pow bam bam bam Pow. O yah... God I'm eloquent." -Dalai Lama

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I waited to see patch 1.2 on the PTS and I am glad I did. For me the upcoming patch 1.2 shows that Bioware can listen to its customers and make changes where they feel changes need to be made. Which is more than enough for me to continue subscribing.

IMO, I think most of the features that are coming In 1.2 should've already been In the game. I guess SWTOR was rushed out, Idk.
    These features would've helped keep some subs for a little bit longer.

Deleted
    Yes, you are right. The problem they've got is the amount of people who have cancelled their subs already. Will they come back to the game, I really don't think so, not in the numbers needed on some of the quieter servers.

My guild would have a handful of people on during the day and come the evenings there would be about 20 of us. That is now down to no one online during the day and a handful during the evenings, bar raid times of course, where we get enough people on for a full quota.

But it's little things that annoy people, like not being able to right click someones name in your guild to whisper them. This is a basic requirement for any MMO, yet in SWTOR you have to add them to your friends list (once they are online) and then do everything via that. Just amazes me to think why this basic fundamental feature wasn't included in the release.

Like most of these companies, they do not listen to their customers enough. They are reactive, rather than proactive and this doesn't give you confidence that they know what they are doing.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobblars View Post
    Like most of these companies, they do not listen to their customers enough. They are reactive, rather than proactive and this doesn't give you confidence that they know what they are doing.
    Of course they listen to their customers. Why do you think a large number of the features being added in 1.2 are coming? What do you think the guild summit was?

You can't say that they don't listen to their customers at all. Also, listening to your customers and implementing what they want is reactive by nature. Being proactive would basically mean that they are doing what they want, regardless of customer input. BW has done a good mix of the two by adding in both features that the customers have asked for and others that weren't asked for. The 'hue to chest' option is a good example. This wasn't really asked for, but was present in the beta. It was only removed because it had issues prior to launch.

Deleted
    LMAO - You are honestly telling me that 1.2 is being released due to "listening to customers". Ha, you on the pay roll for them, please give me a break!!

First off, 1.2 should have been the release. Many of the new features are all basic ones that any MMO game should have. You shouldn't need to request for a guild bank for pity's sake - this as well as many of the things they are including are the basic requirements for an MMO.

But you put your finger on it when you spoke the words "issues prior to launch". The game sadly wasn't ready on many levels. Yes, the leveling was fun, the class quests were great and I loved the cut scenes. Then you get to experience level 50..... basically it is a WoW Clone, just not an advanced or even an equal version to it.

And I vent my frustration at the game because I do like it, but so many people are not playing the game already and they may return for 1.2, but for how long? A guild bank, training dummy on my ship etc is not enough to keep me or many of the people I know who have played the game with me since pre release interested.

It was rushed out with too many bugs in it. There is still a hard mode FP that I can not complete due to a boss that bugs out every time. I could go on and on but like the game I've had it with naming them all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobblars View Post
    LMAO - You are honestly telling me that 1.2 is being released due to "listening to customers". Ha, you on the pay roll for them, please give me a break!!

First off, 1.2 should have been the release. Many of the new features are all basic ones that any MMO game should have. You shouldn't need to request for a guild bank for pity's sake - this as well as many of the things they are including are the basic requirements for an MMO.

But you put your finger on it when you spoke the words "issues prior to launch". The game sadly wasn't ready on many levels. Yes, the leveling was fun, the class quests were great and I loved the cut scenes. Then you get to experience level 50..... basically it is a WoW Clone, just not an advanced or even an equal version to it.

And I vent my frustration at the game because I do like it, but so many people are not playing the game already and they may return for 1.2, but for how long? A guild bank, training dummy on my ship etc is not enough to keep me or many of the people I know who have played the game with me since pre release interested.

It was rushed out with too many bugs in it. There is still a hard mode FP that I can not complete due to a boss that bugs out every time. I could go on and on but like the game I've had it with naming them all.
    The systems and functionality being added in 1.2 were expanded from their initial designs due to PLAYER FEEDBACK. It has nothing to do with being in at launch or not. Legacy for example has many more features that I would argue are based off player feedback for needing and wanting X Y and Z. A training dummy and a bank is not all that's being added. The turn around between 1.2 and 1.3 will also be much less according to the developers themselves. The game was ready and your more or just arguing degrees here. I got news for you, GW2 will launch with bugs and missing crap. Diablo is launching without PVP. None of the bugs are massive or game breaking in any way and are being fixed as fast as they can get them out. If that doesn't suit you, that's your loss.

Given your gw2 avatar I would ask if you were on the payroll for arenanet. What that contributes to the discussion I'm not sure.
    Last edited by Glorious Leader; 2012-03-18 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post
    The systems and functionality being added in 1.2 were expanded from their initial designs due to PLAYER FEEDBACK. It has nothing to do with being in at launch or not. Legacy for example has many more features that I would argue are based off player feedback for needing and wanting X Y and Z. A training dummy and a bank is not all that's being added. The turn around between 1.2 and 1.3 will also be much less according to the developers themselves. The game was ready and your more or just arguing degrees here. I got news for you, GW2 will launch with bugs and missing crap. Diablo is launching without PVP. None of the bugs are massive or game breaking in any way and are being fixed as fast as they can get them out. If that doesn't suit you, that's your loss.

Given your gw2 avatar I would ask if you were on the payroll for arenanet. What that contributes to the discussion I'm not sure.
    I cannot wait for GW2 to launch. I cant wait for the GW2 lovers to have to defend every fucking thing about their game for a change.

It will be glorious

Deleted
    LoL you guys are hilarious! Please speak up next time you are on your shout box, for I think the others who have left the game, much sooner than I have done so I should add, will not be able to hear you!!

Thanks for leaving. No reason to post anymore since you have nothing to contribute.

Quote Originally Posted by Atrahasis View Post

Good job bringing up another MMO that no one in this thread has even talked about.

By the way, your comparison with GW2 and D3 doesn't really work, since with TOR you're paying a sub while waiting for them to fix it, while in GW2/D3 you just pay once while they fix the problems.

But again, I don't wanna talk about GW2 here, lest I get accused of "advertising" the game again. I'm just pointing out that you mentioned it first for no reason at all.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2012-03-18 at 06:36 PM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelreth View Post
    Thanks for leaving. No reason to post anymore since you have nothing to contribute.
    I sense much anger in you. To the dark side this will lead!

@ Vizzle, well for some reason I am not allow an opinion due to having a GW2 avatar!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets chill the last few posts haven't been constructive or added anything to the discussion, keep it civil please.