Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    The one that's like lvl 12 or first rank sunspear? I actually finished that by getting the rank, and then I think the next thing I did after that was I went and killed the stone tablet snake thing, or maybe that was a separate quest line.

    There's 6 quests I have right now, 3 of them are like the Zaishan quests or w/e, one is to get a few things cooked that I'll probably never do, one of them is to talk to Bendah to start Eye of the North, and then there's 1 more quest that has to do with something on Nightfall. I guess that last quest is what I need to do then.

    I think I'll go to bed right now and work on this when I wake up. I might even reroll a necro if it's so much better.
    You should do to the GWEN areas as soon as possible. As it has been mentioned you get three more heroes, but more importantly, you can run to Gunnar's Hold and get access to a repeatable quest that will let you level from 10-20 in around an hour or so. Your Primary Quest list should tell you where to go, if not, after completing a mission look around whatever outpost you ended up in and find a quest giver that'll move you along. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_...tfall_missions should get you back on track.

    For a few general points, until you have access to enough skills for decent hero builds, henchman are better. I started from scratch on a new account a while back and ended up focusing on skill hunting to get a strong team build together, when I was around 5 missions away from finishing Nightfall. I generally run 7H Discordway, and variants for different party sizes, with: AP caller Elementalist w/ Fire as my element, an Any/Rt SoS spec, or a Searing Flames nuker with Mes secondary. I also have a farming spec I used to use a lot, but not anymore since I leveled a Dervish for farming.

    Using a Rt primary is almost wasteful. SoS specs don't need to use Rt as a primary and it's the only really good player spec for Rts right now, so you're really limiting your options by taking Rt primary. Not to say Rt is bad, but using it as a secondary is sufficient. Playing it as a primary also forces you to forgo starting in Nightfall, which is the best place for a new player to start and you won't find many that argue against that. If you're intent on making use of Rt in player groups, then it's a different story, but the current meta is all about 7H these days or gettting runs/clears, unfortunately.

    If you want to play melee, go with Dervish or Warrior. They both can build for very high AoE spike damage, while not losing out on much single target either. They're wanted in speed clear player groups for the AoE spiking, but that's probably something you might not get into due to the requirements. They also have some of the best solo farming builds, for if you just wanna farm and buy things for HoM pts.
    Last edited by pleaserelax; 2012-03-18 at 06:55 PM.

  2. #22
    Stood in the Fire Fortuitous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    375
    This is what my friend and I used. To put it simply once you get SoS, and for convenience summon spirits, the game becomes very easy.

    With Painful Bond cast on a single target, with all of your spirits up, you are looking at like 400 damage each wave of attacks and the spirits attack fairly quickly too.

  3. #23
    SoS spirit spammer is pretty much easy mode.

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuitous View Post
    This is what my friend and I used. To put it simply once you get SoS, and for convenience summon spirits, the game becomes very easy.

    With Painful Bond cast on a single target, with all of your spirits up, you are looking at like 400 damage each wave of attacks and the spirits attack fairly quickly too.
    I'd recommend using gwpvx.com over that pvx wiki. It's no longer properly maintained and often trolled, not that there seems to be anything wrong with the build you linked. I'd personally take Vampirism over Summon Spirits, though. Once I got used to staging/walling/pulling/etc I found myself not needing Summon Spirits, but it's up to an individuals style I guess.

  5. #25
    Stood in the Fire Fortuitous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by pleaserelax View Post
    I'd recommend using gwpvx.com over that pvx wiki. It's no longer properly maintained and often trolled, not that there seems to be anything wrong with the build you linked. I'd personally take Vampirism over Summon Spirits, though. Once I got used to staging/walling/pulling/etc I found myself not needing Summon Spirits, but it's up to an individuals style I guess.
    Yeah I just did a quick google search and found what looked familiar. This is solid advice though, I remember hearing pretty much the same on other forums when I was doing the grind.

    I keep summon spirits for the situations where a mob throws an AoE right on top of my spirits. Other than that, it is mostly situational or convenience.

  6. #26
    I think I'm gonna make a necro/ritualist but I'm lvl 5 now and I have no idea where to find the ritualist trainer to pick my secondary. Is there not one in Nightfall?

    I guess it's in Factions? I have no idea how to travel between expansions lol
    Last edited by grandpab; 2012-03-18 at 10:45 PM.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I think I'm gonna make a necro/ritualist but I'm lvl 5 now and I have no idea where to find the ritualist trainer to pick my secondary. Is there not one in Nightfall?

    I guess it's in Factions? I have no idea how to travel between expansions lol
    In nightfall you can't move on with the story (or at least I think) until you pick your secondary profession. It's right outside Kamadan (south of it) right after you complete your first mission.

    If you are starting in nightfall prepare for hell.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I think I'm gonna make a necro/ritualist but I'm lvl 5 now and I have no idea where to find the ritualist trainer to pick my secondary. Is there not one in Nightfall?

    I guess it's in Factions? I have no idea how to travel between expansions lol
    You can't get Rt as a profession at all (outside of Factions) until you ascend and can swap professions. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hunted! is the ascension quest for NF. It's after the fourth mission. It's not really a big deal, as you won't have the necessary skills to put together most of the recommended builds. It's best to just consult one of the beginner guides for your primary class on Guru, because there's a ton of info to digest for new players and years of experience in most of those guides.
    Last edited by pleaserelax; 2012-03-18 at 11:15 PM.

  9. #29
    Well, Nightfall is the easiest one to get "ascended" but otherwise you could always start over in Factions as a necro/rit. Probably would take less than hour to get to level 5 again.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by pleaserelax View Post
    You can't get Rt as a profession at all (outside of Factions) until you ascend and can swap professions. http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hunted! is the ascension quest for NF. It's after the fourth mission.
    Ah ok, thanks, I don't think I would have figured that out lol

  11. #31
    I'd suggest going factions - prophecies - nightfall.

    I started in nightfall and it was a bitch with the lack of hero skills. I think going factions and prophecies first helps in the long run.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

  12. #32
    Stood in the Fire Fortuitous's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    375
    If you want to start as a Ritualist, you'll have to start in Factions. One thing I've noticed though is you can reach level 20 in one sitting using Factions though.

    When you start out, do ALL of the class introduction quests in the starting area for Factions and when you turn in all of their chains (Without doing the permanent second profession choice) you'll end up around level 10. At level 10, you can go to Eye of the North (required for HoM anyway), make your way to Gunnar's Hold and do the Dwarven Brawling mini-game and grind this mission. When I did it, I was getting something like 3/4 of a level each time I did it. Plus you can find gold items, keys, tons of dwarf pieces to salvage, about 1-2 plat per run in gold piece drops.

    Unfortunately though, Factions requires you to finish some tough missions before you get the ascension mission.
    Last edited by Fortuitous; 2012-03-18 at 11:28 PM.

  13. #33
    Well Factions is the fastest leveling. Although in Nightfall you can get to EotN a bit faster I think.

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by pleaserelax View Post
    Using a Rt primary is almost wasteful. SoS specs don't need to use Rt as a primary and it's the only really good player spec for Rts right now, so you're really limiting your options by taking Rt primary. Not to say Rt is bad, but using it as a secondary is sufficient. Playing it as a primary also forces you to forgo starting in Nightfall, which is the best place for a new player to start and you won't find many that argue against that. If you're intent on making use of Rt in player groups, then it's a different story, but the current meta is all about 7H these days or gettting runs/clears, unfortunately.
    Have to agree. SoS on the player is a pure waste of potential if you are playing with 7 heroes. The player should make full use of PvE skills instead of wasting potential on something like an SoS builds that a hero can manage just as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab
    I think I'm gonna make a necro/ritualist but I'm lvl 5 now and I have no idea where to find the ritualist trainer to pick my secondary. Is there not one in Nightfall?
    Good choice. The necro has arguably the best primary PvE attribute in the game with Soul Reaping, making it a very flexible profession.

  15. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Well Factions is the fastest leveling. Although in Nightfall you can get to EotN a bit faster I think.
    Prety sure you get to EOTN faster in factions too, problem is geting ascended takes several more hardish missions. I recall it took me less time to race thorugh ot kang center than it took unlock the EOTN quest in NF, on the flipside once you do that in NF your only a mission and a couple quests to reach ascended status factions its 2-3 missions and questing yoru way through several zones. Proph is slowest solo as it levels really slow but on the other hand you can get out of pre searing in 10 minutes and buy a run to LA if you already are an established account and then your in EOTN.

    Who is John Galt?

  16. #36
    Assassins are capable of experiencing more content than any other profession. Every single speed clear requires at least three sins. Speed clears are one of the quickest ways to max all five EotN titles, as well as make an absolute ton of gold, which will definitely help when you’re trying to fill up your HoM. Along with the EotN titles, sins can also speed map areas for the cartographer titles. I’ll link some of the SC builds that are easier to run if you’re interested.

    A/D Shards of Orr Snow: Owpj0lf8aSHQ6M0k0lCQ8XuiRQA
    A/Me Rrager’s Spiker: OwVjIwf84QHQ6M3lNQLBNB7i0lA
    A/P Bogroots Spear: Owlj8xlpZSHQ6M0kzZNQ7Yri7iA
    A/P Kathandrax Spear: Owlj8xjYpSHQ6M0kzZ4ONQri7iA
    A/Me Vaettir Solo Farm (Great for farming p-cons during events): OwVUI2h5lPT8I6MHQEQLB3U2gmAA

    I highly recommend watching some tutorial videos on the runs before you actually attempt them. They’re very fast paced and people aren’t too patient with beginners. Also, always be sure to bring 1.5k for the person that is providing BU (Essence of Celerity). Dungeon quest rewards normally give 1.5k anyway, so you’ll get your money back from that. And to make some extra money, always pick up purples and golds and ID them. They sell for more if you do. Check the wiki to see what materials certain things can be salvaged into also. Feathers, granite, and plant fibers sell for a nice amount if you get a complete stack. You can always check prices here. And finally, here’s the 7-hero build I designed for my sin. It works best if you run Death Blossom with Moebius Strike and Save Yourselves, but an Assassin's Promise caster build with some EotN skills works too.



    My 7 Hero Build.
    Livia: OAhjYggaIPW7xp0cyNMteV1LGA
    Master of Whispers: OAhkYgHb4IuTeoMYJsDYMvZV9iB
    Olias: OAljUwGopSyBVBoBKg4B1Y7Y4YA
    Norgu: OQNEAawD2CZCQ4sCgAmnRCkBs8B
    Gwen: OQBDAowjK0gpnDNhgP9ZARA
    Ogden Stonehealer: OwUUMGH/SYOUfXiPz6jXBqrk6BA
    Tahlkora: OwUTMyWCZihQi4upB8ioLKDoHAA



    Edit: Weapon sets for the SC builds are as follows.

    A/D Shards of Orr Snow: Any staff of enchanting with a “Have Faith” inscription. Zealous daggers of enchanting with an “I have the power” inscription. Any shield of devotion with any spear of enchanting with an “I have the power” inscription.

    A/Me Rrager’s Spiker: Any staff of enchanting with a “Have Faith” inscription.

    A/P Bogroots Spear: Any staff of enchanting with a “Have Faith” inscription. Any shield of devotion with any spear of enchanting with an “I have the power” inscription.

    A/P Kathandrax Spear: Any staff of enchanting with a “Have Faith” inscription. Any shield of devotion with any spear of enchanting with an “I have the power” inscription.

    A/Me Vaettir Solo Farm (Great for farming p-cons during events): Any shield of devotion with any spear of enchanting with an “I have the power” inscription. A “Like a Rolling Stone” inscription on your shield can be helpful, but isn’t necessary.

    I use a swift staff head on my staff because it always seems to proc and makes being interrupted a lot less likely, but it’s completely personal preference.



    Double Edit: Vlox's Falls AED1 is where people are always forming SC groups, by the way. Anyway, enjoy!
    Last edited by Laste; 2012-03-19 at 04:04 AM.

  17. #37
    Any build that has three discord necros in it will totally rape everything.
    I myself am a Curses Necro.
    Livia is a Minion Bomber,
    MoW is a conditionspammer
    Olias is the hex spammer.
    Tahlkora and Dunkoro as Prot monks.
    Melonni for bleedinginflictor
    Goren as Hammerspecialist for knockdowns and Cracked armor.

    Obvsiouly all three Necro heroes have Rt secondary to cover with rituals/was, res and other shiat

    You'll see everything get shattered to pieces.

    Certain places can be tricky though so be careful about overaggroing.
    Its not because this build has a shitload of armour ignoring damage that you can tear shit up while risking your survival

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Laste View Post

    My 7 Hero Build.
    Livia: OAhjYggaIPW7xp0cyNMteV1LGA
    Master of Whispers: OAhkYgHb4IuTeoMYJsDYMvZV9iB
    Olias: OAljUwGopSyBVBoBKg4B1Y7Y4YA
    Norgu: OQNEAawD2CZCQ4sCgAmnRCkBs8B
    Gwen: OQBDAowjK0gpnDNhgP9ZARA
    Ogden Stonehealer: OwUUMGH/SYOUfXiPz6jXBqrk6BA
    Tahlkora: OwUTMyWCZihQi4upB8ioLKDoHAA
    Here's couple quick suggestions for your build. Shelter is waste with your minion bomber as any little damage on your bone minions (which have low armor and health) will also nuke your shelter. Would also drop Blood of the Master from your minion bomber. Unless Anet have fixed it heroes use web of disruption as regular hex and often don't interrupt anything with it.
    Last edited by leipuri; 2012-03-19 at 04:22 AM.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by leipuri View Post
    Here's couple quick suggestions for your build. Shelter is waste with your minion bomber as any little damage on your bone minions (which have low armor and health) will also nuke your shelter. Would also drop Blood of the Master from your minion bomber. Unless Anet have fixed it heroes use web of disruption as regular hex and often don't interrupt anything with it.
    Bleh… I had no idea Shelter applied to minions.

    And thanks. I’ve actually been meaning to work on him a bit.

    Also, I have a question you might be able to answer. When Jagged Bones activates, does Death Nova still go off? I was considering replacing Aura of the Lich with it.

  20. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Laste View Post
    Bleh… I had no idea Shelter applied to minions.

    And thanks. I’ve actually been meaning to work on him a bit.

    Also, I have a question you might be able to answer. When Jagged Bones activates, does Death Nova still go off? I was considering replacing Aura of the Lich with it.
    Yea it triggers it. Death Nova even triggers when you use Aura of Lich and go over your maximum number of minions, which can result nice aoe from these death novas in some areas. Another thing you should consider is to give your monk Dwayna's Sorrow. Minion bombing + Dwayna's Sorrow = lot of party healing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •