Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Yeah I saw this last night, looks great!

10+ Year Old Account
    So what I can take as a Guildwars-Newb, who just started with GW1 and played through the missions where the Charr are destroying everything in Ascalon from that new Wiki, is that even after some hundred years the Humans and Charr haven't become friends or anything; their relationship is worse than ever before (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_..._World#Ascalon).

I didn't think it could be this way, since there are no races that fight against each others (as players) and the whole game is built around strong server communities. I would have guessed that there is a kind of peace between that races, since they have even portals from each capital city to another one - are lore and game mechanics colliding here?
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    So what I can take as a Guildwars-Newb, who just started with GW1 and played through the missions where the Charr are destroying everything from that ne Wiki, is that even after some hundred years the Humans and Charr haven't become friends or anything; their relationship is worse than ever before (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_..._World#Ascalon).

I didn't think it could be this way, since there are no races that fight against each others (as players) and the whole game is built around strong server communities. I would have guessed that there is a kind of peace between that races, since they have even portals from each capital city to another one - are lore and game mechanics colliding here?
    Try not to think of it in WoW terms or yeah you'll be confused. The Charr and Humans in the events preceding GW2 are not so much that they're friends, but more enemies with common new threats facing them. Which I believe in the personal story work out with Thackery and Rytlock to kind of strengthen their relationship as a race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhywolver View Post
    So what I can take as a Guildwars-Newb, who just started with GW1 and played through the missions where the Charr are destroying everything in Ascalon from that new Wiki, is that even after some hundred years the Humans and Charr haven't become friends or anything; their relationship is worse than ever before (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_..._World#Ascalon).

It's more of a cease fire than a true peace.