View Poll Results: Should Unnecessarily Loud Vehicles Be Allowed on Public Streets?

Voters
235. This poll is closed
  • Yes

50 21.28%
  • No

137 58.30%
  • I do not care

48 20.43%

Thread: Loud Exhausts

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bgknoccout View Post
    Old news but still in your fucking hippie faces
    http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/2877.html

The track is fortunately still on the calendar.[COLOR="red"]
    It's funny, because most people in the thread have clearly said that race tracks and freeways are fine, but residential areas are being an ass.

Want an example? Here's one that involves me at work. Going to leave and some ass on a motorbike (little plastic pos he could barely fit on) was sitting just outside revving it for a good 20 minutes for NO REASON. WAsn't moving. Wasn't going around. Just parked and revving as hard as he could. What was he waiting for, you ask? Why, for someone to pass by! He then turned his exhaust to me and did it again. Only then did he take off. It took great self control to not chase the fucker down and throw him from his goddamn bike.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some i like and some i hate. Like one is when you'll have some old ass car that looks like it was found in a junkyard with shiny new rims and then that crappy as hell exhaust that sounds like a lawn mower and they ride around town like they have a badass car. The ones i like are the REAL American muscle cars the ones that sound powerful and bad ass.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

http://www.youtube.com/embed/eSOSJ68xOBA
    They ain't trippin' 'bout the flows...it's for decoration, dat's it and dat's all....

My motorcycle had a somewhat loud exhaust, but it was street legal. People complained about it, and I usually just shrugged at them. These same people often honked/bitched while jabbering on their cell phones, or worse. I wore ear plugs, even before I had it, because the sound of the air passing under/near your helmet can cause significant hearing loss.
    Last edited by Tinykong; 2012-03-20 at 11:20 PM.

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I was younger I use to get so pissed because you could get pulled over for having your stereo up to loud but the cops wouldn't say shit to bikers who put on aftermarket pipes and rev the shit at 5 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    My truck and mustang sound badass. And I don't give "two shits and a rolling donut" what anyone who wants to "save the world" thinks about it.
    It's not about "saving the world".

It's about annoying the fuck out of your neighbors by running it unnecessarily loud while in residential areas.

I'm not an asshole when I drive mine. The only way I'd ever get upset about a loud vehicle, would be if they were doing some donuts (or something stupid like that) or constantly driving up and down a street. Other than that I don't care.
    You might not be, but a lot of people are. Witness even the attitudes in this thread of "turn your tv up then" and "shut up it's my right to be as loud as i want because i think it's cool". The guy that did it almost 24/7 in my neighborhood where i grew up was one of those, the guy that sat outside a wal-mart to rev it and wait for someone is another. Bad apples? Of course. But NO ONE needs to have a loud car going down a residential area.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an asshole when I drive mine. The only way I'd ever get upset about a loud vehicle, would be if they were doing some donuts (or something stupid like that) or constantly driving up and down a street. Other than that I don't care.
    You do not care because you are one of the people causing the disturbance. I would be shocked if you did care and did it anyways. Say you are not an asshole, but do you have a volume control on your muffler? Do you only open it up in proper areas like the highway, countryside, and race track?

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 07:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    The guy that did it almost 24/7 in my neighborhood where i grew up was one of those, the guy that sat outside a wal-mart to rev it and wait for someone is another. Bad apples? Of course. But NO ONE needs to have a loud car going down a residential area.
    The grocery store seems to be another hot spot. That is where all the dropouts in my town hanged out. No scientific study by any means, but I think there is a direct relationship between dropping out of school and loud vehicles. Bass bumping and engine roaring, that was the sound of high school dropouts coming back to hang out with those still in school. I guess they always came back to show us how cool they were and missed the school parking lot.
    Last edited by Roose; 2012-03-21 at 12:27 AM.
    I like sandwiches

The sound of jets flying over my house drowns them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes

I am a respectful driver. I like how my cars sound mean, but I am still respectful while going through residential areas.
    ^ Wish this thread had more people like this guy!

Pursue what you enjoy! But do it without being a selfish jerk, be considerate/respectful/courteous/etc. It's such a simple thing to understand...but somehow the concept just flies over some people's heads.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2012-03-21 at 03:10 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Quote Originally Posted by Quackerjacks View Post
    The sound of jets flying over my house drowns them out.
    Not to mention after storms when they fly extremely low for that house shaking experience! Or when they test their engines for HOURS UPON HOURS ALL THROUGH THE NIGHT. Why, why do they need to test their engines at 3am? My neighborhood has complained about that for so long yet they do nothing about it.

Oh hell no. I absolutely hate ricers, they are so annoying.

The older cars that had glass packed exhausts were real exhausts, I could listen to them growl all day.

Just listen to this baby growl while not being revved. It's sounds a bit ricer like, but it's not in person I promise you, my dad had a 74 MBG so I would know. It growled like a boss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owBAD...eature=related
    Last edited by muto; 2012-03-21 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    I hate noise pollution, one of the worst things I know (in everyday life) is walking somewhere and suddenly some ricer drives by trying to be as loud as possible. The only thing that seems to beat those guys when it comes to noise are some guys on motorcycles (deliberately slowing down just so you can accelerate and make lots of noise? Yeah, you probably have some self-image issues).

I'm in favor of replacing all vehicles on our roads with electric ones, nice and quiet (of course, I'm sure some people would still figure out how to make their cars annoyingly loud).

Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post
    I'm in favor of replacing all vehicles on our roads with electric ones, nice and quiet (of course, I'm sure some people would still figure out how to make their cars annoyingly loud).
    Pedestrian road accidents are going to go up sharply if lots of people start to use silent electric cars, you rely on hearing to judge whether to cross the road is safe more than you would think.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Pedestrian road accidents are going to go up sharply if lots of people start to use silent electric cars, you rely on hearing to judge whether to cross the road is safe more than you would think.
    Anyone with near-normal hearing shouldn't have any problems hearing electric cars, they're only "quiet" in comparison to the rickety old beater and the riced-out civic driving on the same street.

Also, don't they still teach kids to look before crossing the street? (Yes, I know this would be a problem for blind people but that's an edge case, by the same logic all cars should have bright flashing lights on them so deaf people can spot them more easily)

And yes, I always look before crossing the street.

this is up there with people who blast the stereo. i dont hear the exhaust that often and i live in a city so it's not much of a bother to me. i voted No in sympathy for everyone else who has to deal with it