Poll: Getting license with

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Automatic. I really want to learn manual (seems more fun + cheaper), but I havent had a good opportunity to do so.

Deleted
    Manual, but I'd also have an automatic just cuz I get lazy sometimes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a truck and I just think that anything that has 4WD should have a manual transmission. I like the control you have that you simply do not get in an automatic.

My next vehicle will be an automatic. I love manuals for trucks, but I want an automatic for trips and casual driving. Still keep my truck for anything intensive.
    I like sandwiches

learned of course manual - wouldn't mind an automatic though now since I am just driving to work and back anyways which leaves little room for fun.

I was taught how to use both an automatic and a manual, but I never bothered going through and getting my license. Mainly because everything in my little world is withing walking distance and I didn't want to pay for something I wasn't going to use XD.

I love my stick....and it gets harder and harder to find when I go to buy a new (read: "new to me") car. I actually took my test in a giant (almost 12-seater size) automatic van. But I quickly moved on to "real" driving. :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    I think having a manual portion to a driving course would be invaluable. It's kinda like parallel parking; You never really use it, but they make you do it anyways. If you're out at a bar and you're the designated driver, how are you going to drive your buddies car that's a manual, if you all chose to drive his car? Little things like that make learning both beneficial.

That being said, I've tried to drive a manual once on a truck my parents used to have, didn't go well. I've never owned a manual shift other than my motorcycle. I would love to learn at some point. I would love to get a small car with a stick later down the road.

15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer manual, but as my mother has an automatic one and I don't have my own car yet, I have to drive automatic if I want to drive.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    learned on a stick, took my test in an auto, drive an auto, but i don't mind stick. :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Stick, so if you go to any other country you know how to drive.

If it is bumper to bumper traffic you should never have to leave first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Learned with automatic to get used to the rules of the road, driving tendencies, etc. Re-learned on a stick about two years later when my first car was in the shop. I have to say that manuals in bumper to bumper traffic or steep Seattle hills are annoying as all hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    manual 4 life

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Manual to all those questions. I had to borrow an automatic for a few weeks earlier this year while I was without a car, and I hated it. Never again.

Automatic is so amazingly boring, and it also takes control of my fuel usage. I like being in control of my fuel usage. Especially now that the fuel prices are record high.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Deleted
    Don't Drive cars

Motorbikes

<3 ma Kawasaki Ninja

Auto. I prefer having my right hand free to grab my coffee in the morning.

Learned Automatic, never cared or needed to learn Manual. I was surprised most said Manual, but I guess in countries outside the USA Manual is required or highly used, and a lot of Americans on these forums are older than me. I honestly don't know anyone younger than me that learned Manual while getting a license, and only a couple of guys my age did manual.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whatever my cabbie is driving that day.

Deleted
    When I did my license you had to drive manual, no choice in the matter.

Deleted
    I learned to drive in a manual car, but I don't drive (Cant afford D: ) but I'll drive a manual car when I can afford to.

I've never driven manual. I don't think I'd ever want to learn either.. It sounds annoying. I feel like I'd probably forget to switch gears all the time because I don't really pay attention to stuff like that...and then whatever bad thing happens when you don't switch right would happen. Too much effort anyways. Rather focus on my music than have to keep remembering to change gears.