Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
61
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    But if adrenaline generates up incredibly fast with dual axes, then stick and run won't ever be up for long. It'll be use burst, adrenaline climbs up, waiting for burst skill to come off cd while adrenaline is full. But I'm still not sure how fast it generates.
    I guess it's something you will have to play with when we get our hands on it. Though if it does generate too quickly you could perhaps trade Sharpened Axes for another trait. If not, i guess its a bad minor for axes then
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

  2. #202
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    I guess it's something you will have to play with when we get our hands on it. Though if it does generate too quickly you could perhaps trade Sharpened Axes for another trait. If not, i guess its a bad minor for axes then
    Yeah, a lot of this stuff can't be decided by theory crafting, makes me want beta really badly.

  3. #203
    Most important! DON'T forget Warriors got BEARD!!!

  4. #204
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    If I want a mobility build, what do you suggest guys?
    recommendation: greatsword

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-19 at 06:38 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    But if adrenaline generates up incredibly fast with dual axes, then stick and run won't ever be up for long. It'll be use burst, adrenaline climbs up, waiting for burst skill to come off cd while adrenaline is full. But I'm still not sure how fast it generates.
    clarification: one hit with weapon = 1 "strike" of adrenaline

    quoting:
    Each stage takes a greater number of strikes to fill than the previous.
    assumption: minimum adrenaline pattern: 1,2,3,4
    plausibility: moderate
    conclusion: best case: 10 weapon hits for full adrenaline
    caveat: traits/skills taht gratn adrenaline not accounted for
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  5. #205
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Your speech: like Rikti.


    I wonder how Greatsword mobility compares to Sword/Sword mobility. Greatsword has that whirling-charge thing on a 12 second CD, and an actual charge on a 20 second CD, while Sword/X can "lunge" at target foe every 8 seconds.

    Somebody's gonna have to check how long the range on that lunge is!

    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    assumption: minimum adrenaline pattern: 1,2,3,4
    plausibility: moderate
    conclusion: best case: 10 weapon hits for full adrenaline
    caveat: traits/skills taht gratn adrenaline not accounted for
    I hope your assumption is accurate, tbh.

    Then again, that's a fairly good ratio... Wonder how many adrenaline-building traits i'm gonna want.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  6. #206
    The Lightbringer Glytch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    SA, TX
    Posts
    3,109
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Your speech: like Rikti.


    I wonder how Greatsword mobility compares to Sword/Sword mobility. Greatsword has that whirling-charge thing on a 12 second CD, and an actual charge on a 20 second CD, while Sword/X can "lunge" at target foe every 8 seconds.

    Somebody's gonna have to check how long the range on that lunge is!


    I hope your assumption is accurate, tbh.

    Then again, that's a fairly good ratio... Wonder how many adrenaline-building traits i'm gonna want.
    lunge: classified as "leap"
    assumption: short range. backup: context

    adrenaline: complete hypothetical
    basis: available data
    opinion: assumption: will be higher costs than posted
    The Original Ganksta

    Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

  7. #207
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,558
    When did glytch become a borg?

    ---------- Post added 2012-04-20 at 02:28 AM ----------

    Also, dual sword and sword n board work fine for mobility if you don't want greatsword and would prefer to focus on bleeds.

  8. #208
    The Lightbringer Dewote's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    3,298
    This thread needs some lifting.

    Can't wait for the beta weekend to start, I really want to test out how well hammer works since I've started to prefer it over greatsword.
    FC 2793-2016-8218 - Name: Suoma

  9. #209
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    This thread needs some lifting.

    Can't wait for the beta weekend to start, I really want to test out how well hammer works since I've started to prefer it over greatsword.
    I can't remember what video it was, but I didn't really like the hammer until I saw that video. Probably wont be my main weapon of choice but at least it's back on my list now.

    It was actually the only warrior weapon I didn't like so i'm also gonna be testing it out to see if it's something I want to even consider for builds.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

  10. #210
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    I'm not likely to test Warrior this particular BWE, I've got Thief and Elementalist stuff to mess with.

    Even though I'd LOVE to see just how fast axes can gain adrenaline.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  11. #211
    I'll be playing around with only the warrior. (Unless I magically end up not liking it)
    I WANT to say that I'll be trying to PvP a bunch, to learn me some mechanics ASAP, but I don't like lying.
    I DOUBT I'll be able to pull myself away from the PvE THIS weekend, maybe the next BWE.

  12. #212
    Excited to try out the warrior this bwe, maybe mix pvp and such in as well, but gonna focus majorly on pve to get the feel of the raw power that is the Warrior class.
    Last edited by RecklessVirtues; 2012-04-27 at 01:22 AM.

  13. #213
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,558
    http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/...0fe1f41l1u2b2e Here's a pvp hammer build I made.

  14. #214
    I'm wondering whether I should go hammer/greatsword or sword+shield. I'll test it out in the beta and see which I prefer, but what are your thoughts?

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    I can't remember what video it was, but I didn't really like the hammer until I saw that video. Probably wont be my main weapon of choice but at least it's back on my list now.

    It was actually the only warrior weapon I didn't like so i'm also gonna be testing it out to see if it's something I want to even consider for builds.
    Hammer strikes me as a PvP weapon of choice mainly (See: Mace Spec in WoW before they took out the stun proc from it). Knockdowns and stuns galore. I'll definitely be trying a hammer warrior in WvW.

  16. #216
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Cervani View Post
    Hammer strikes me as a PvP weapon of choice mainly (See: Mace Spec in WoW before they took out the stun proc from it). Knockdowns and stuns galore. I'll definitely be trying a hammer warrior in WvW.
    You're operating under the assumption that you won't need knockdowns and stuns in PvE. Might want to dispel that mindset!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

  17. #217
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    You're operating under the assumption that you won't need knockdowns and stuns in PvE. Might want to dispel that mindset!
    Hmmm, this IS true. Especially with the focus on mitigating damage through abilities such as dodging. Weapon of choice for larger, more elite mobs then as well? Provided the stun and/or knockdown works on them as well.

  18. #218
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    I'd swap Signet of Rage for the Banner, it's a much better Elite for PvP.

    You pretty much always have a maxed adrenaline bar so the passive is naff to be honest. The buffs you get from banner aswell bar Swiftness which seems to be up 90% of the time anyway. The revives it gives and stability outweigh by far in my opinion, wouldn't go PvPing without it.

  19. #219
    Scarab Lord Loaf Lord's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Rue d'Auseil
    Posts
    4,558
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    I'm wondering whether I should go hammer/greatsword or sword+shield. I'll test it out in the beta and see which I prefer, but what are your thoughts?
    Well with running hammer/greatsword, you now have both control and mobility. If you went sword/board you'd lose the offense you get from the greatsword, but gain more defensive capabilities.

  20. #220
    The Insane DrakeWurrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Isle of Faces
    Posts
    15,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Cervani View Post
    Hmmm, this IS true. Especially with the focus on mitigating damage through abilities such as dodging. Weapon of choice for larger, more elite mobs then as well? Provided the stun and/or knockdown works on them as well.
    I would consider the weapon focused on survivability, and controlling the enemy, as opposed to a weapon that's focused entirely on damage.

    Hammer is the kinda weapon you wanna pick if you want to focus on shutting them down. If you prefer really tearing an enemy to shreds with big numbers, though, Greatsword may be better, not to mention the higher mobility.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

    If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •