Page 24 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Signet build, with that one skill in the Arms traits that gives 40 precision for each signet.
    I don't like that trait. It's predicated upon NOT using your utility skills.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I don't like that trait. It's predicated upon NOT using your utility skills.
    well signets do that by themselves anyway

im not a fan of GW2 signets =\
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

Some of the signets work well, like Healing Signet for example. It rewards being patient and waiting to heal, rather than healing as soon as you're in danger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    well signets do that by themselves anyway

im not a fan of GW2 signets =\
    I'm not a fan of it in general, but getting a trait that gives you a large amount of a stat, being predicated upon NOT using your utility skills, just seems a bad idea to me.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-13 at 07:51 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of it in general, but getting a trait that gives you a large amount of a stat, being predicated upon NOT using your utility skills, just seems a bad idea to me.
    well im pretty sure theres others like it thoguht i saw them

the argument can go either way, either you hate them b/c they dont promote skill usage, or you love them b/c they force you to weigh whether you want to hold off from using a signet to keep with the power increase, esp when its something like heal sig

there are very valid arguments both ways, i just dotn like signets period :|
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    well im pretty sure theres others like it thoguht i saw them

the argument can go either way, either you hate them b/c they dont promote skill usage, or you love them b/c they force you to weigh whether you want to hold off from using a signet to keep with the power increase, esp when its something like heal sig

there are very valid arguments both ways, i just dotn like signets period :|
    The signets, from what I can tell, are usually already balancing the passive against the active so that you're making an equal trade, but that trait makes the passive so damn good that the actives are just never worth using. It prevents it from being a choice at all.

I can kind of understand for things like mantras, gaining small bonuses for having them ready, but they don't have a passive component already, so the trait is specifically balanced around those skills.

10+ Year Old Account
    It prevents it from being a choice at all.
    well the numbers can be (hopefully) modified to a point where theres more thought involved. im talkign from a high level view of the situation
    The Original Ganksta

Hey guys, I'm sorry to depart from your conversation, but I just wanted some second opinions. The last Beta test I basically spent the whole weekend collecting trait points and doing WvW. I wanted you guys to know what you thought about my WvW build. The explanation to the build comes with it in why I chose my traits, weapons, and utilities. I'm not a spammer, and I'd love to talk to you guys about the build. Many Thanks.
    http://www.gw2builds.org/view/369331...ay_of_the_army

I'd like to put emphasis that you should read the explanation to what I chose, because I talk about everything, before critiquing it.
    Last edited by lllBlackSunlll; 2012-05-13 at 06:47 PM.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    Signet build, with that one skill in the Arms traits that gives 40 precision for each signet.
    It would still be idiotic to bother getting 100% crit. 70% is plenty, and even that might be overkill. 60% is probably all your really need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde View Post
    Hey guys, I'm sorry to depart from your conversation, but I just wanted some second opinions. The last Beta test I basically spent the whole weekend collecting trait points and doing WvW. I wanted you guys to know what you thought about my WvW build. The explanation to the build comes with it in why I chose my traits, weapons, and utilities. I'm not a spammer, and I'd love to talk to you guys about the build. Many Thanks.
    http://www.gw2builds.org/view/369331...ay_of_the_army

I'd like to put emphasis that you should read the explanation to what I chose, because I talk about everything, before critiquing it.
    Definitely would recommend being a little less spread out. I guess there aren't elite or heal slot shouts (and boy do I wish there were), but I think Shake It Off or I Will Avenge You would have been better choices than Endure Pain.

I'd have picked Shake It Off, specifically because you lack condition removal outside of your Warhorn, which is extremely important in GW2, but probably even more so in PvP. It also provides great support to your allies, which seems to be the primary focus of your build anyways. When it comes to conditions, the main ones that suck (since you can use your Warhorn skills to remove movement impairing ones) are things like Weakness and Vulnerability. Damage conditions suck too, obviously, but those two are very dangerous as well.
    On the other hand, I don't think you need "Fear me!" specifically because your Warhorn #5 skill already applies Weakness to enemies, and it's on a significantly shorter CD, so it may be a little redundant.

In the case of your heal slot, I suppose you don't need Mending so much if you have Shake It Off and your Warhorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    It would still be idiotic to bother getting 100% crit. 70% is plenty, and even that might be overkill. 60% is probably all your really need.
    And why is that? There are a lot of things that synergize with crits. Might on Greatsword crit, Bleed on crit, 10% extra damage to bleeding targets, etc..

Also, its a damage multiplier, which quite often will outscale flat damage like Power.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't got the chance to try out a warrior for more than like, two levels. I like how many weapon choices warriors have, which may tip the scales and have me play one more than my original choice of guardian!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayth View Post
    I haven't got the chance to try out a warrior for more than like, two levels. I like how many weapon choices warriors have, which may tip the scales and have me play one more than my original choice of guardian!
    obviously they stole them from engis and eles
    The Original Ganksta

"Fear Me!" and the warhorn weaknesses are great because it stops the enemy in their tracks and can't dodge, as I explain. The reason I did pick "Fear Me!" primarily was for the 1 second fear, which is a big deal since it affects 5 people. I'd like to remind you though that weakness only lasts 10 seconds. The warhorn has a 8.5 second cd (traited) on weakness and "Fear Me!" weakness also only lasts 10 seconds. If I wanted to, I could keep 5 enemies weakened for 30 seconds. Most fights only last that long. Could you imagine only being able to dodge twice and then never again for another 40 seconds because of you being weakened? Having two abilities that do roughly the same thing is not very redundant. It just means I improve my support longer. It is not like I am just going to spam everything and have my conditions overlap, I would bring it out to that 30 seconds.

I do have condition removal. I was hoping you read the guide before critiquing it, but that's fine. I'm using the 6 bonus of Rune of the Soldier, which removes 1 condition from myself whenever I shout. Yes, If I got "Shake it off!" I would never have any conditions on me, but if you read what I said why I got Endure Pain, it makes more sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iplayhorde
    If you pop Enduring Pain, you have 5 free seconds to resurrect them, risk free. Resurrecting is a very strong tactic in WvW and I feel people don't put enough focus on how good it actually is to keep your team mates alive, even if I'm sacrificing damage myself. The only downside to this ability is that it has a 90 second cooldown and only lasts 5 seconds, but for those 5 seconds, you are a god during a siege.
    After spending 3 full days in WvW, sieges matter the most, and is where most of the fighting happens. Yes, there is fighting in small groups, but most of the fighting when you're faced against a door and fighting against the enemy siege.

Mending is by far the best heal because of what it does, but like I explained, since I already move conditions and everything my utilities already do do better than the heals so Healing Signet is the most important since the regeneration would provide the most healing. Adrenaline won't be a problem because of the shouts and conditions wouldn't be a problem also because of the shouts. It would be nearly redundant to have so many shouts because once I have at least two that do fit my build well, that is all I need. I do need to consider other variables instead of just going all signets, or shouts. or stances, or banners like other builds think are viable. I have one shout that will never been off cd, and the other one is situational, yet they both serve their purpose at the amount I need them to because of what my traits provide.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IplayHorde View Post
    I do have condition removal. I was hoping you read the guide before critiquing it, but that's fine.
    I did, I just didn't agree with your explanations entirely.

I didn't actually participate in PvP at all in BWE1, so I didn't do much experimentation with upgrade components that I could really comment on.

Hell, the fact that you get that particular bonus to your shouts makes Endure Pain an even better candidate for removal, to be replaced with a third Shout.

10+ Year Old Account
    Need some input on this build i've been toying with, this one is pure offense. My guild is WvW focused and revolves around skirmishing small groups and ambushing zergs.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;pka...Vfa;baca;ZVkYb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    Need some input on this build i've been toying with, this one is pure offense. My guild is WvW focused and revolves around skirmishing small groups and ambushing zergs.

http://www.gw2tools.com/skills#w;pka...Vfa;baca;ZVkYb
    1) your only physical skill is bulls charge (so far it doesnt appear that rampage moves are treated as physical) and as zergy as you're wanting to be i dotn see physical training being as useful with bulls charge. if you relied more on rifle skills with bolas and/or kick maybe. id recommend physical mastery so you can bulls charge more often instead
    2) i dont think blademaster counts for greatswords, consider replacing with deep cuts or gun mastery
    3) unsure how adrenal reserves affects total adrenaline, if it lowers your max (thus you need less) then you might want to reconsider either that or your berserkers power trait. that being said if it doesnt lower your max adrenaline or it doesnt rely on the actual number, just the percentage disregard this

EDIT: since youre wanting to skirmish alot might i recommend a condition removal in some form
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-05-14 at 09:39 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    3) unsure how adrenal reserves affects total adrenaline, if it lowers your max (thus you need less) then you might want to reconsider either that or your berserkers power trait. that being said if it doesnt lower your max adrenaline or it doesnt rely on the actual number, just the percentage disregard this
    Pretty sure that trait does exactly one thing: reduces adrenaline cost of Burst skills, as stated. Even if it does this by lowering your "max" adrenaline as you fear (which I highly doubt, as the value in this trait would be in being able to use a 3-stage Burst skill at the cost of 2 stages), you'd still have three adrenaline stages, which is how all adrenaline-powered traits are going to decide their strength. The only change would be that each stage requires less "strikes" of adrenaline to fill, but now that is going beyond the scope of that trait - it doesn't just make your Burst skills cost less, but it also makes your adrenaline fills faster.

Better to just reduce how much adrenaline your Burst skills use.

Fully agree with the first 2 points, however, and I want to add my own comment: I think it's a bit of a waste to get a shout, a stance, and a physical skill - why are you so spread out? Obviously you don't really have any traits besides Physical Training that tailor to skill-type, but if you had a more uniform selection of skills (i.e. if you had two shouts or two stances or two physical skills), traiting for it would then benefit you much more.
    This also frees up your build to be much more variable to different fights, by being able to change up your trait choice (not your attributes, but simply which traits you're using) from one fight to another without having to also change your utility choices.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-05-14 at 09:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) your only physical skill is bulls charge (so far it doesnt appear that rampage moves are treated as physical) and as zergy as you're wanting to be i dotn see physical training being as useful with bulls charge. if you relied more on rifle skills with bolas and/or kick maybe. id recommend physical mastery so you can bulls charge more often instead
    2) i dont think blademaster counts for greatswords, consider replacing with deep cuts or gun mastery

EDIT: since youre wanting to skirmish alot might i recommend a condition removal in some form
    I was thinking the same thing for the bolded part but I just wasn't 100% sure. Guess i'll have to find another trait to replace that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Supajayare View Post
    I was thinking the same thing for the bolded part but I just wasn't 100% sure. Guess i'll have to find another trait to replace that.
    deep cuts for gsword damage (over time) or if you want rifle support (since you have 20 poitns in disciple) get gunmastery
    also whats your thoughts on point 1

---------- Post added 2012-05-14 at 03:58 AM ----------

Pretty sure that trait does exactly one thing: reduces adrenaline cost of Burst skills, as stated. Even if it does this by lowering your "max" adrenaline as you fear (which I highly doubt, as the value in this trait would be in being able to use a 3-stage Burst skill at the cost of 2 stages), you'd still have three adrenaline stages, which is how all adrenaline-powered traits are going to decide their strength. The only change would be that each stage requires less "strikes" of adrenaline to fill, but now that is going beyond the scope of that trait - it doesn't just make your Burst skills cost less, but it also makes your adrenaline fills faster.

Better to just reduce how much adrenaline your Burst skills use.

Fully agree with the first 2 points, however, and I want to add my own comment: I think it's a bit of a waste to get a shout, a stance, and a physical skill - why are you so spread out? Obviously you don't really have any traits besides Physical Training that tailor to skill-type, but if you had a more uniform selection of skills (i.e. if you had two shouts or two stances or two physical skills), traiting for it would then benefit you much more.
    This also frees up your build to be much more variable to different fights, by being able to change up your trait choice (not your attributes, but simply which traits you're using) from one fight to another without having to also change your utility choices.
    i wouldnt think it does it in a wierd way, im just saying watch out
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-05-14 at 10:00 AM.
    The Original Ganksta