Page 54 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    If I am no mistaken (according to gw2 wiki) Banners last 45 seconds with the exception of the elite Battle Standard that only lasts 20.
    Well wiki is wrong for the normal standards, didnt get around to testing the elite. Normal banners were expireing with 25s left on the CD so their duration is closer to 95 seconds or so with a 120cd. Incidentaly this was really really handy in WvW if you trait banners the duration and CD are roughly the same (96 cd) if you can take 2 on your bar and someone else carries it you can give a whole group perma swiftness. Its amazing how much ground a small strikeforce can cover with 2 banners spamming 3 on CD. Come up on a fight and either smack someone with the 2 ability if its useful or just weaponswap to drop it and lay into your target. Couldnt quite figure out why they had the 5 skill to plant the banner as just weaponswaping had the same effect without the animation delay.

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Merendel View Post
    Couldnt quite figure out why they had the 5 skill to plant the banner as just weaponswaping had the same effect without the animation delay.
    Probably for aesthetic appeal.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Didn't have any problems at all with greatsword warriors in sPvP. Wasn't everyone complaining Bull's Charge, Frenzy & Hundred Blades was too powerful or something? Most greatsword warriors I saw just fell over dead.
    I did quite a few sPvP this stress test as dual axes.I've had quite the similar experience as you describe. I simply charge in with bull's charge to knock them over which give me enough time to pop signet of rage and signet of might while keeping up the passive regen from healing signet and twirl around with the mighty AoE of Whirling Axe and Cyclone Axe the best part is that they are low now and foolishly try to run away, Throw Axe and leap for the kill with burst of Eviscerate. So Either they were nerfed, greatly overestimated,I was just lucky to get in the bull's charge in first or I just played against bad warriors.

This stress test I only had problems with facing engineers and their bucket loads of utility, thieves were slightly irritating but only due to stealthing and running away.

Played for the first time with Warrior today, loved it, my main from now
    Got owned sometimes, was thinking "BLADESTORM I'M UNSTOPPABLE"(off-hand axe), and then i got interrupted/stunned or something like that ~.~

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdecker View Post
    Played for the first time with Warrior today, loved it, my main from now
    Got owned sometimes, was thinking "BLADESTORM I'M UNSTOPPABLE"(off-hand axe), and then i got interrupted/stunned or something like that ~.~
    Oh, I know the feeling, divine. Try Dolyak Signet and/or Balanced Stance utility skills they give yam yammy Stability boon which makes you immune to CC (stun, knockback, launch, knockdown, sink, float, fear and daze) and Balanced Stance even breaks stun when used.

Quote Originally Posted by Hjalmtyr View Post
    Didn't have any problems at all with greatsword warriors in sPvP. Wasn't everyone complaining Bull's Charge, Frenzy & Hundred Blades was too powerful or something? Most greatsword warriors I saw just fell over dead.
    Thing is GS wars need to have that combo up and be able to use it efficiently.

Also it's effectiveness depends greatly on the class it's facing. Engineers for instance have a really easy out vs most war classes whilst a mesmer doesn't. You shouldn't forget that you knew what you were looking for to begin with, a couple of playtimes ago people didn't so that one skill was capable of wrecking havoc on almost everyone.

Last thing more and more people are learning where to get builds from etc. This means that the chance someone is testing something out without having experimented with it and thus learning how it works before getting it to work, is very big. Those same people don't know what to do or when to time the 'shitstorm' like the others.

So, I made an armor I like on my warrior in preview, but I cannot decide the "size" of the body.
    I want your opinions on which looks better.

Currently playing: |FFXIV: A Realm Reborn| |Everquest Next: Landmark| |Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft|

I am still confused so far. Why is Sword/Sword dual not viable. Ok it misses on eviscerate but the bleed effect I have been reading so far seems pretty interesting. I truly like swords a lot but was wondering if double sword isn't as viable as mainhand axe, would it be possible to put in a sword with offhand and still be aggressive.
    Thank you Greekissexy for the amazing signature!
    "Death comes to us all. Press me again, and you shall find yours"

Sword/Axe is actually extremely popular because Axe #5 is so good at adrenaline building.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Sword/Axe is actually extremely popular because Axe #5 is so good at adrenaline building.
    But wouldn't you miss out on eviscerate, I read somewhere that it is a must have in dual-wield.
    Thank you Greekissexy for the amazing signature!
    "Death comes to us all. Press me again, and you shall find yours"

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    So, I made an armor I like on my warrior in preview, but I cannot decide the "size" of the body.
    I want your opinions on which looks better.

Second one definitly.

The proportions look much better.

Badass looking warr you got there!

Quote Originally Posted by Wollveren View Post
    But wouldn't you miss out on eviscerate, I read somewhere that it is a must have in dual-wield.
    Not really that big of a deal, especially considering you could easily go Axe/X in the other weapon set if you really feel it's necessary.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Flickyz View Post
    Second one definitly.

The proportions look much better.

Badass looking warr you got there!
    Thank you kind sir.

I was leaning towards the second one too, but input from others can never be bad
    Currently playing: |FFXIV: A Realm Reborn| |Everquest Next: Landmark| |Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft|

Only if you desire the big leap/spike damage of evis. you can do without it. You could also focus a build around condition damage instead of massive spike. You could for example go sword/axe and rifle, both focused on bleeds and rifles burst killshot can hit almost as hard as evis. Alternitivly go with drakes axe/any to get evis on the second set.

Who is John Galt?

Eviscerate is really powerful, imo (and many others) it's the best onehanded burst skill. The reason for this is that it does good damage and it leaps at your foe.
    If you look at other onehanded burst skills you get the sword which does good damange but roots you so you need to use a snare for it to be effective.
    And mace which stuns and does decent amounts of damage.

Eviscerate isn't a must have for builds at all, it's simply the strongest burstskill atm. As drake said a very viable way to play sword/x is to grab axe/x with it and switch to axe when you want to burst.

Coincidence is that I actually tested sword/axe+axe/shield yesterday going heavy on condition damage and bleed duration. If foes dodged my flurry I'd switch to axe and eviscerate them, ofc the damage wasn't as good as when you're specced for it but still 3-6k damage is always nice

Quote Originally Posted by Dodrin View Post
    I wish I could just stab him in the stomach or smash him in the face with my hammer instead of doing a freaking dance move.
    Yup. I just pretend I broke their legs out or something and continue to hit them. The "Finisher" concept is really sloppy and unfitting for the game in general. Not sure how it made it this far.
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yup. I just pretend I broke their legs out or something and continue to hit them. The "Finisher" concept is really sloppy and unfitting for the game in general. Not sure how it made it this far.
    Fully agree with this. Complaints about the Thief downed skills started because they were, at first, the only ones that could easily counter the one-shot finisher that only requires you to push the F key.

Which reminds me: Now that the Warrior trait for Vengeance gives you a 100% chance to rally when you get a kill during Vengenace... it's going to be downright required by the Warrior build meta in pvp.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-08-22 at 08:41 PM.

This is the build I was messing with on my Warrior in the stress test. Mainly for point holding solo until back up arrives since you can't really kill anyone but they can't kill you, just troll bitches get money.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIEQ...kZtCZEyJkNIvQA

One thing I did find annoying, I should mention: Using the Greatsword #5 on enemies, if the mob noticed me before I stopped running at him, my character would actually charge past the target, and swing his sword at empty air.

I am still confused so far. Why is Sword/Sword dual not viable. Ok it misses on eviscerate but the bleed effect I have been reading so far seems pretty interesting. I truly like swords a lot but was wondering if double sword isn't as viable as mainhand axe, would it be possible to put in a sword with offhand and still be aggressive.
    I know I'm a bit late on answering this one, but I'm going to do so with a shameless plug of my weapon overview:

Quote Originally Posted by Arajal View Post
    3. Sword and Sword
    The sword-sword setup is centered around damage over time and adaptability. With the main-hand sword's Sever Artery and Gash and the off-hand sword's Impale and Riposte, this combo can apply several stacks of the bleed condition to targets very quickly. Couple this with the mobility of Savage Leap from the main-hand sword and the defensive power of Riposte from the off-hand sword, and you have a setup that can adapt to the situation on the fly.

If you prefer a playstyle that can change its focus on a whim, give the dual-sword combo a try.
    I wouldn't say that it isn't viable; it's just not focused on burst-damage, something that is coveted in PvP.
    Last edited by Arajal; 2012-08-22 at 10:13 PM.