Page 59 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Hey all, I'm still deciding on a class to take to end level (I have a warrior level 12, thief level 10, ranger level 10 and necro level 8 which I all find fun..). What are warriors like end game versus each class? Are they good in PvP?

Healing Signet is it a boon or what exactly? Meaning does the heal benefit from +healing traits?

That's a good question, it's not a boon however what it is I have no idea. It can't be removed with boon removal and it is effect by +healing stat.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    That's a good question, it's not a boon however what it is I have no idea. It can't be removed with boon removal and it is effect by +healing stat.
    It's a signet.
    Signet grand passive bonuses which are only disabled while the signet is on cooldown.
    Currently playing: |Diablo 3| |Far Cry 3| |Crysis 3| |Starcraft 2| |League of Legends|

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIEQ...ZNLCGEcIYTwjAA

Trying to sort out best amulet and rune set up.

The idea of the build is keeping Might+Fury up nearly all the time with excellent mobility. Notice the 72% Crit Damage with a build that has +70% Crit and near 3k Attack while maintaining near 3k Armor.

Divinity x6
    Celestial Amulet
    Celestial Jewel x5

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    It's a signet.
    Signet grand passive bonuses which are only disabled while the signet is on cooldown.
    Deep slow breathes, obvious things are obvious. We all know it's a signet. How does the game mechanic treat signets? In the beta it was a regeneration boon. Ok, we get what that is different now and how signets work in general but how are they to be countered when faced? Do they count towards amount of boons that you have, can it be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIEQ...ZNLCGEcIYTwjAA

Trying to sort out best amulet and rune set up.

The idea of the build is keeping Might+Fury up nearly all the time with excellent mobility. Notice the 72% Crit Damage with a build that has +70% Crit and near 3k Attack while maintaining near 3k Armor.

Divinity x6
    Celestial Amulet
    Celestial Jewel x5
    If you want to maximize Might up time, get Superior Strength runes. They are pretty much the best for GS build. Fury uptime should already be near 100% because you can use your burst skill on CD.

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 01:09 PM ----------

Deep slow breathes, obvious things are obvious. We all know it's a signet. How does the game mechanic treat signets? In the beta it was a regeneration boon. Ok, we get what that is different now and how signets work in general but how are they to be countered when faced? Do they count towards amount of boons that you have, can it be removed?
    It's like a regeneration boon, separate from regeneration. So you can have both the signet regen and regen ticking at the same time. I believe the signet is affected by +healing power. It is not a boon, it is not removable. On the buff bar it is a signet (like the passive power from SoM) so you can't remove it with boon removal abilities.

I have a question to go along with the signet and all that goodness. My warrior is about 25 now with a sword and shield combo. I plan to take the health regen via adrenaline and banners. Right now with just the signet i can basically face tank 4-5 mobs with little issue. Is this the trend for later levels or does the damage from mobs really ramp up later in where knowing how to dodge is the way to go and having all that regen and toughness is good for the occasional mistake.

In pvp i tried the full build and i could typically take on 2 sometimes three people at once depending in skill level. I just dont want to assume that kind of survivabilty is indicative of what i will see later in pve

I've been going methodically and slowly, doing all zones to completion before moving on. So far I only got to 50-60 level zone (haven't tried out Orr yet). Yep the regular mobs don't do enough damage. I without thinking pull 3 at a time. Dungeons, Champion events and PvP is completely different story though, It's good way to jump in deal some damage get eat a hit possibly two, get out and lick your wounds while range attacking. You can't stay in melee without juggling blinds, aegis,dazes,knock backs and blocks. Or at least I couldn't with signet healing,adrenaline rush healing and regeneration boon. I need to tried getting healy food and get more toughness gear and try again.

I've been going methodically and slowly, doing all zones to completion before moving on. So far I only got to 50-60 level zone (haven't tried out Orr yet). Yep the regular mobs don't do enough damage. I without thinking pull 3 at a time. Dungeons, Champion events and PvP is completely different story though, It's good way to jump in deal some damage get eat a hit possibly two, get out and lick your wounds while range attacking. You can't stay in melee without juggling blinds, aegis,dazes,knock backs and blocks. Or at least I couldn't with signet healing,adrenaline rush healing and regeneration boon. I need to tried getting healy food and get more toughness gear and try again.
    Thing is, you can.
    Certain fights/mechanics are easier when you are melee than others, due to the simple fact that you do more damage at melee range.
    I noticed this in Arah, when I was longbow/greatsword, some fights were totally shit with the longbow, and I could just melee without even being target.
    (I think it was the giant power core boss? not sure, but definately noticed melee being fine in some places there)
    But overall in most situations yes, ranged is safer and guaranteed damage. Not to mention the longbow burst skill makes your screen fill with hearts!
    Loved it with 3 rangers in group last dungeon

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 09:09 AM ----------

It seems the deep breathes didn't help.
    The mechanic is signet. The skill is signet. The buff is signet.
    The buff goes away ONLY when the skill is on cooldown.
    Can't be removed. Can't be destroyed or otherwise converted via other skills. It's not a boon, it's a signet.
    The buff itself says it gives regeneration. It gives same regeneration as regenaration boon. It acts the same in terms of what it does. It's only removed if the player uses the skill, and remains inactive only as long as the skill is on cooldown. (The Active skill).

As long as you don't use the signet, you have a permanent regeneration effect, stacking with the other regeneration boons, and is effected by the +healing stat. It can be OP at solo leveling, especially if you have another condition removal skill, in which case you won't need the other heal we got that removes 2 conditions.
    Last edited by Ecstatic; 2012-09-10 at 09:13 AM.
    Currently playing: |Diablo 3| |Far Cry 3| |Crysis 3| |Starcraft 2| |League of Legends|

Quote Originally Posted by Braonie View Post
    I have a question to go along with the signet and all that goodness. My warrior is about 25 now with a sword and shield combo. I plan to take the health regen via adrenaline and banners. Right now with just the signet i can basically face tank 4-5 mobs with little issue. Is this the trend for later levels or does the damage from mobs really ramp up later in where knowing how to dodge is the way to go and having all that regen and toughness is good for the occasional mistake.

In pvp i tried the full build and i could typically take on 2 sometimes three people at once depending in skill level. I just dont want to assume that kind of survivabilty is indicative of what i will see later in pve
    You two do irritate my, my warrior is 65, I've done a 55-65 and a 60-70 area. I was never able to sustain more than 2-3 mobs because AI positional intelligence, rather I can 1on1 melee mobs with out taking any damage. I went full arms / disciple build (precison and crit) with representivewise stats on gear and possive bonus signets. I literaly dance around / from mob to mob.
    After the first post I wanted to try defensive, after second I wonder if it was a truly reponse or a standalone post..

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Thank you, that was helpful, first reply was just frustrating

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    You two do irritate my, my warrior is 65, I've done a 55-65 and a 60-70 area. I was never able to sustain more than 2-3 mobs because AI positional intelligence, rather I can 1on1 melee mobs with out taking any damage. I went full arms / disciple build (precison and crit) with representivewise stats on gear and possive bonus signets. I literaly dance around / from mob to mob.
    After the first post I wanted to try defensive, after second I wonder if it was a truly reponse or a standalone post..
    It's a reply to defensive. but you are right, they do try to flank me, But I never stand still, I back away from the mobs in circular way(Circle strafing basically) and since melee axe attacks hit in very wide arc I get to hit them all together. 1 ability on axe hits at least 130 degree arch and 2 ability hits 360.

Swords do the same "cone" damage, as well as greatsword and hammer. Just a matter of your current best accessible weapon, but i dislike hammer for lvl, in pvp its fine..

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Since we are talking about group of mobs, how many targets can we hit with a melee weapon. It seems to be 3 max, I tried with mace and hammer, it's the same. Even with more ennemis in front of me, I only see 3 being hurt. I was quite disappointed.

I went from healing signet + banners to full Shouts. The incoming damage is really spiky and I found it easier to survive with the 2k healing from shouts rather than banners regen.
    With 3 of them on short cooldown (On my mark = 25s, Shake it off = 20s, For great justice = 20s), it's quite easy to support your group.
    It works well with a longbow, I can move around healing people and fighting at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Oglok View Post
    Since we are talking about group of mobs, how many targets can we hit with a melee weapon. It seems to be 3 max, I tried with mace and hammer, it's the same. Even with more ennemis in front of me, I only see 3 being hurt. I was quite disappointed.

I went from healing signet + banners to full Shouts. The incoming damage is really spiky and I found it easier to survive with the 2k healing from shouts rather than banners regen.
    With 3 of them on short cooldown (On my mark = 25s, Shake it off = 20s, For great justice = 20s), it's quite easy to support your group.
    It works well with a longbow, I can move around healing people and fighting at the same time.
    With Hundred blades and a mob stack my most I have seen was like 7 or so getting hit

I guess the question is about the basic 1 ability, I am pretty sure I used to hit 4-5 mobs, I'll check it out and see what I get.

my current build is a hybrid 20 str- 10 arms - 30 def- 10 dis, using a greatsword for its amazing #3 skill a rather tanky set up using power precision toughness armor
    power precision crit damage jeweleryand wep, then a high condition damage longbow,

i use mending and then 4 signets because of the 10 points in arms i got the +40 precision for each unused, the high toughness and mobility of the greatsword make me a great solo toon, a can solo any vet, and some champions as long as they dont have knock downs.

the build hits on paper 46% crit +9 from full adreneline and another 5% from my sigil, so 60% 78% with singet of rage active, low life unless i take 3# trait in strength even that only adds about 1000 though, i hit 40 crit damage untill gear is complete then it should have about 50-53 cant remember, i take activated traits from the defense tree like endure pain and balanced stance, also the 25% longer stance duration, this makes up for using so many signets.

all in all a fun build, took me to level 80 and 100% map completion rather quickly, will be using it in dungeons higher dungeons as soon as they are fixed, i hear arah is broke, but either way, i tried a full damage build, and besides gaining a few crit % and about 30 more crit damage i noticed barely any damage change, and i died quicker.

anyone have any thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

So im thinking of making a defensive like build with armor with vitality, a rune set that has healing, and going sword and board for exploration move, has any warrior tried a similar build like that, and if so how did it turn out? Was the survivabilty higher or was it some what glass canon like?

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    So im thinking of making a defensive like build with armor with vitality, a rune set that has healing, and going sword and board for exploration move, has any warrior tried a similar build like that, and if so how did it turn out? Was the survivabilty higher or was it some what glass canon like?
    Don't really understand properly but from what I understand you mean a build like this: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQ...l7GJWrNGYsbY2A
    It's a dungeon build I run (I don't use sw/sh I use axe/sh)

edit: should be mending as a heal skill

It's not a boon in any way

It's an effect. It benefits only from compassion and anything that specifically affects signets or healing (poison)

It does not buff effects based on boons, it can't be corrupted, it can't be removed, it's not affected by boon duration
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass