Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bep-Shandris View Post
    Yes, last I checked there is a short CD for switching weapons.
    Which can be reduced through traits, at least in the Warrior traits it can.

Yeah me too, but i'm not sure. I have a vague memory of a 10 sec cooldown and I don't know where I saw that.

I'm a little bit worried because 10 sec is a lot. I was hoping for something like 3 sec

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 11:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Which can be reduced through traits, at least in the Warrior traits it can.
    Oh ok thanks, I need to read more on traits.

edit: you're right, it's in the discipline tree.
    Last edited by Morogoth; 2012-03-19 at 11:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Looks like edge reopened this one.
    One thing really appeals to me about a GW2 warrior, is the ability to play as ranged. Charr Warrior with a rifle is what I'll be.
    Also the big hammer looks cool too.
    You stole my main weapon! Jk jk :P I love the Rifle Warrior, and the dual 1h Axes just always looks like fun.

I also love the idea of a Charr Warrior. It reminds me of all my old Wemic characters from D&D 2E, as well as my newer Weaponmaster from D&D 4E.

I tried to google it and got conflicting answers, one person said 5 seconds, but the next person said 10 seconds so idk.

I also just read there's also a rune that any profession can use that reduces the cd by 1 second.

Deleted
    Alternatively, you could look on youtube for a video from the press beta, and see if you can find anyone switching weapons and simply trying to see if you can count/see how long the cd is

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Alternatively, you could look on youtube for a video from the press beta, and see if you can find anyone switching weapons and simply trying to see if you can count/see how long the cd is
    It's too much work for me Can you do it pleeeease! hehe joke

Bah anyway, I just hope we will not be locked with the same weapon for too long. It can kill the Warrior gameplay since almost everything is based on your weapons.
    If it's truly 10 sec, I will definitely put points in the discipline tree.

Quote Originally Posted by Morogoth View Post
    It's too much work for me Can you do it pleeeease! hehe joke

Bah anyway, I just hope we will not be locked with the same weapon for too long. It can kill the Warrior gameplay since almost everything is based on your weapons.
    If it's truly 10 sec, I will definitely put points in the discipline tree.
    I doubt it. I think it's 3 seconds, 5 max.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it. I think it's 3 seconds, 5 max.
    Unless the default is different per profession then it is 10 seconds. http://youtu.be/ca2qc9o842U?t=1m30s

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Unless the default is different per profession then it is 10 seconds. http://youtu.be/ca2qc9o842U?t=1m30s
    Necro video I just found showed it being 10 seconds too.

Something else I just learned that I think is really cool is..."There are no global cooldowns in this game, everything is dictated by animation timers."

Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    You're right, I counted 10 sec

Maybe 10 sec is not so bad, but I still want to be a dodging-whirlwind-missile launcher Warrior

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post

Something else I just learned that I think is really cool is..."There are no global cooldowns in this game, everything is dictated by animation timers."
    yeah this is a really awesome feature. GW1 worked like that too.

Yeah it's cool, but I think the only difference is that we don't see the little casting bar like in wow. It's the same principle. For example, Aimed Shot on a hunter takes longer than Arcane shot. One good thing is that the animations are awesome in GW2.

Does anybody know what it means when it says "Improves Strength" on the utility skill banner of strength? Is it just like another way of saying power or damage?
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Does anybody know what it means when it says "Improves Strength" on the utility skill banner of strength? Is it just like another way of saying power or damage?
    Idk for sure, but Strength is one of the trait lines for the warrior, and strength increases power and expertise. Power increases your crit damage multiplier and expertise improves the duration of conditions inflicted...so if it means strength as in the strength trait line, it increases that stuff.

Idk for sure, but Strength is one of the trait lines for the warrior, and strength increases power and expertise. Power increases your crit damage multiplier and expertise improves the duration of conditions inflicted...so if it means strength as in the strength trait line, it increases that stuff.
    Ah that would make sense. I'll take it that way until proven otherwise
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Ah that would make sense. I'll take it that way until proven otherwise
    Yeah, I need to do more research on which stats increase what.
    Last edited by Maester; 2012-03-21 at 07:34 PM.

So guys, new discussion topic, what race do you plan to play your Warrior as?

I'm going to play as a Charr since they are just the most well suited IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvari Warrior and an Asura Thief.
    GemStoneIII (Mud) (ongoing) > SubSpace/Continuum > EQ1-Kunark-PoP > aRO > FFXI > WoW > Rift > WoW > FFXIV > SWToR > Tera > GW2 > Wushu > ESO > W* > EQ1p99 > WoW > ???
    FFXIVARR Profile
    D3 Profile

Deleted
    Cause Warrior-blood runs through my veins. I hate chicken sh*ts that casts from afar. I want action!

I wanna go like ROAR ROAR FEAR ME I AM A WARRIOR AND I SLICE YOU WITH MY 2 HANDER SWORD !

And not " I'ma firing my lazorz... "

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to google it and got conflicting answers, one person said 5 seconds, but the next person said 10 seconds so idk.

I also just read there's also a rune that any profession can use that reduces the cd by 1 second.
    Maybe this one might suffice?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdoW6MSuklI

He switches weapons and does some demonstration on skills. As best he's able to.