Page 13 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    can you relink your build, doesn't work anymore for some reason.
    Who, me?

Couldn't be!

TBH, I don't like Weapon specialization. Blah @ passive %damage increases.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I think about, I might switch out frenzy and take your for great justice instead, I might end up with more crit than I need and that makes it useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, it's hard to resist going Sword/Sword with the build, the more I look at it. About the only change I could really want to make to my build is to get Building Momentum and Berserker's Power.

Which I could easily sacrifice Deep Cuts for. This will take some testing.

So much Malice from Arms already, it's kinda hard to ignore bleeds...
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    swords might end up doing more single target than axes, but axes will probably dominate in aoe, though it's unclear yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    swords might end up doing more single target than axes, but axes will probably dominate in aoe, though it's unclear yet.
    Axes will also have better overall "burst" for moments that bursty damage prove useful.

Even moreso: if your enemy has a lot of condition removal, you may want to focus on axes. You'll still be hurt by your bleed/vuln being removed, but you're not fully reliant on either one for your damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah... this all just makes me want beta more so I can test this shit. I didn't even know mobs will cleanse themselves of conditions.

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah... this all just makes me want beta more so I can test this shit. I didn't even know mobs will cleanse themselves of conditions.
    I keep wondering if I should try to make time for playing around with Warrior, but that would mean less Thief and Elementalist time! D:

I'm still not even sure if I want Warrior in my "free 5" or not. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I keep wondering if I should try to make time for playing around with Warrior, but that would mean less Thief and Elementalist time! D:

I'm still not even sure if I want Warrior in my "free 5" or not. :<
    The more I think about warrior the more I realize it's probably what I'm going to role for my main. It sucks because I like being a magically themed melee dps, but warriors just seem so boss atm, more so than guardians imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well right now, as off-topic as this is, my first 5 will probably be this:
    1. Thief
    2. Elementalist
    3. Engineer
    4. Warrior/Guardian/Mesmer
    5. Fight to the death between the two not in 4.

I might even take out Warrior and get BOTH Guardian and Mesmer... but the more I fiddle with things, the more attractive Warrior is.

I have to say, Healing Surge scares me a bit. I just like having Mending more for the potential condition loss. With a Signet build or Shout build I have very little to shake conditions assuming; Sig of Fury/Might + shout/banner. Just too risky, IMO for an adrenaline boost off the heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I have to say, Healing Surge scares me a bit. I just like having Mending more for the potential condition loss.
    Agreed. Conditions will suck... :<

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say, Healing Surge scares me a bit. I just like having Mending more for the potential condition loss. With a Signet build or Shout build I have very little to shake conditions assuming; Sig of Fury/Might + shout/banner. Just too risky, IMO for an adrenaline boost off the heal.
    Yeah, ima just have to see just how fast we end up generating adrenaline, the condition loss is pretty nice. plus it has a shorter cd.

Well, consider if you take Rage Signet that is full 2 mins you are getting free adrenaline while it's CD ticks. Ideally you would be hitting all the time- at the very least with rifle from range or some other gap closer. I don't think adrenaline gain is so lacking that I would take Healing Surge or the heal signet over Mending in almost any case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, consider if you take Rage Signet that is full 2 mins you are getting free adrenalin while it's CD ticks.
    Signet: Passive not active while on CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you do use deep strikes that healing signet will grant you an extra 40 precision. But chances are the ability to remove conditions will prove more useful.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Signet: Passive not active while on CD.
    Thought it was the other way around. Passive kicks in while on CD. Hmm... interesting choices...

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought it was the other way around. Passive kicks in while on CD. Hmm... interesting choices...
    It's why I dislike signets. But they seem required to do max damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet

I wish it was the other way around. But it's not. It's exactly why I typically avoid signets.

There is so much to try and test. I love it. Can't freaking wait.

What are you guys thinking for Longbows? I was inclined to write them off in favor of Rifle but I been thinking there might be some interesting possibilities with Strength and Arms cranked up to 30. For the condition damage and duration. However 2 great bow skills are in a defensive line.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    There is so much to try and test. I love it. Can't freaking wait.

What are you guys thinking for Longbows? I was inclined to write them off in favor of Rifle but I been thinking there might be some interesting possibilities with Strength and Arms cranked up to 30. For the condition damage and duration. However 2 great bow skills are in a defensive line.

Thoughts?
    I only plan to use longbow for wvwvw for the aoe, not really attracted to them since the 2 bow traits are in freaking tactics.