Page 58 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm the only one loving 2h Maces and 1h Maces ?
    Most warriors i've seen in sPvP are running the cookie-cutter Hundred Blades + Bull's Charge, i feel like a misfit charging the enemy with a huge hammer and mace + shield.
    English is not my first language, feel free to point out any mistake so i can keep learning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    I like 2h maces, but I've yet to find a decent looking one. They're all so small (btw. does anyone have a clue/picture of the legendary 2h mace how it looks like?) while all greatswords are big and shiny.
    1h mace in offhand is decent but I really like dual wielding axes more, which I'm doing right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerdpride View Post
    Most warriors i've seen in sPvP are running the cookie-cutter Hundred Blades + Bull's Charge, i feel like a misfit charging the enemy with a huge hammer and mace + shield.
    Only find 2 mace worth wielding in pvp , but in pve the damage compared to all other weapons is jsut way to low.
    1H mace same slow and low damage they need to tune it up a bit , best way to go is double axe or 2h sword (my opinion) 1h Sword in mainhand is also good if you have condition damage gear and trait points full in arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    Only find 2 mace worth wielding in pvp , but in pve the damage compared to all other weapons is jsut way to low.
    1H mace same slow and low damage they need to tune it up a bit , best way to go is double axe or 2h sword (my opinion) 1h Sword in mainhand is also good if you have condition damage gear and trait points full in arms.
    The ability to control enemies is important in PvE as well.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    Except not every group need another DPS only player. With my support heavy build, I go with banner regen and mace+shield/hammer so I bring heals, weakness debuff, and a crazy amount of stuns. Those weapons are unmatched when it comes to control for warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The ability to control enemies is important in PvE as well.
    That's why we have boulder's in dungeon's , but yes you're right you can control enemies with maces with the stuns and pushbacks , but if you got the luxuary of bring an elemantist with staff and knows how to play good with the water/healing build you can just just bring 4 heavy dps , wich is the way i prefer to roll.

Do you guys think this is a good compromise between a solo/dungeon and WvWvW build? I don't think I'll be having a lot of gold to constantly respec so I wanted to have a build I can use for everything with only some Major Trait changes between them. My weapons would be Sword/Axe and Longbow for PvE, and Rifle and Longbow for WvWvW. Gear is Power, Precision, Condition Damage.

Solo, Dungeon: http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...Cm0xGG0cRqzRma
    WvWvW: http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#...Cm0xGG0ckqzRma

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vexic View Post
    Thanks for the response.

I was going to post a build to critique, but I don't have enough posts yet. Has anybody tried a Sword n Board build yet? I am curious to see if some sort of Condition Damage + Toughness (maybe with shout healing) build could be useful in sPvP.
    I use sword and board and like it. U are hard to take down and still put out some decend damage yourself. Its good against annything bursty, The popular 2h sword warriors are helpless against you for example, but less effective against stuff like necro's wo will dot you down.

Deleted
    Hey all, I'm still deciding on a class to take to end level (I have a warrior level 12, thief level 10, ranger level 10 and necro level 8 which I all find fun..). What are warriors like end game versus each class? Are they good in PvP?

Healing Signet is it a boon or what exactly? Meaning does the heal benefit from +healing traits?

That's a good question, it's not a boon however what it is I have no idea. It can't be removed with boon removal and it is effect by +healing stat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    That's a good question, it's not a boon however what it is I have no idea. It can't be removed with boon removal and it is effect by +healing stat.
    It's a signet.
    Signet grand passive bonuses which are only disabled while the signet is on cooldown.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIEQ...ZNLCGEcIYTwjAA

Trying to sort out best amulet and rune set up.

The idea of the build is keeping Might+Fury up nearly all the time with excellent mobility. Notice the 72% Crit Damage with a build that has +70% Crit and near 3k Attack while maintaining near 3k Armor.

Divinity x6
    Celestial Amulet
    Celestial Jewel x5

Quote Originally Posted by Ecstatic View Post
    It's a signet.
    Signet grand passive bonuses which are only disabled while the signet is on cooldown.
    Deep slow breathes, obvious things are obvious. We all know it's a signet. How does the game mechanic treat signets? In the beta it was a regeneration boon. Ok, we get what that is different now and how signets work in general but how are they to be countered when faced? Do they count towards amount of boons that you have, can it be removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIEQ...ZNLCGEcIYTwjAA

Trying to sort out best amulet and rune set up.

The idea of the build is keeping Might+Fury up nearly all the time with excellent mobility. Notice the 72% Crit Damage with a build that has +70% Crit and near 3k Attack while maintaining near 3k Armor.

Divinity x6
    Celestial Amulet
    Celestial Jewel x5
    If you want to maximize Might up time, get Superior Strength runes. They are pretty much the best for GS build. Fury uptime should already be near 100% because you can use your burst skill on CD.

---------- Post added 2012-09-09 at 01:09 PM ----------

Deep slow breathes, obvious things are obvious. We all know it's a signet. How does the game mechanic treat signets? In the beta it was a regeneration boon. Ok, we get what that is different now and how signets work in general but how are they to be countered when faced? Do they count towards amount of boons that you have, can it be removed?
    It's like a regeneration boon, separate from regeneration. So you can have both the signet regen and regen ticking at the same time. I believe the signet is affected by +healing power. It is not a boon, it is not removable. On the buff bar it is a signet (like the passive power from SoM) so you can't remove it with boon removal abilities.

I have a question to go along with the signet and all that goodness. My warrior is about 25 now with a sword and shield combo. I plan to take the health regen via adrenaline and banners. Right now with just the signet i can basically face tank 4-5 mobs with little issue. Is this the trend for later levels or does the damage from mobs really ramp up later in where knowing how to dodge is the way to go and having all that regen and toughness is good for the occasional mistake.

In pvp i tried the full build and i could typically take on 2 sometimes three people at once depending in skill level. I just dont want to assume that kind of survivabilty is indicative of what i will see later in pve

I've been going methodically and slowly, doing all zones to completion before moving on. So far I only got to 50-60 level zone (haven't tried out Orr yet). Yep the regular mobs don't do enough damage. I without thinking pull 3 at a time. Dungeons, Champion events and PvP is completely different story though, It's good way to jump in deal some damage get eat a hit possibly two, get out and lick your wounds while range attacking. You can't stay in melee without juggling blinds, aegis,dazes,knock backs and blocks. Or at least I couldn't with signet healing,adrenaline rush healing and regeneration boon. I need to tried getting healy food and get more toughness gear and try again.

Deleted
    I've been going methodically and slowly, doing all zones to completion before moving on. So far I only got to 50-60 level zone (haven't tried out Orr yet). Yep the regular mobs don't do enough damage. I without thinking pull 3 at a time. Dungeons, Champion events and PvP is completely different story though, It's good way to jump in deal some damage get eat a hit possibly two, get out and lick your wounds while range attacking. You can't stay in melee without juggling blinds, aegis,dazes,knock backs and blocks. Or at least I couldn't with signet healing,adrenaline rush healing and regeneration boon. I need to tried getting healy food and get more toughness gear and try again.
    Thing is, you can.
    Certain fights/mechanics are easier when you are melee than others, due to the simple fact that you do more damage at melee range.
    I noticed this in Arah, when I was longbow/greatsword, some fights were totally shit with the longbow, and I could just melee without even being target.
    (I think it was the giant power core boss? not sure, but definately noticed melee being fine in some places there)
    But overall in most situations yes, ranged is safer and guaranteed damage. Not to mention the longbow burst skill makes your screen fill with hearts!
    Loved it with 3 rangers in group last dungeon

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 09:09 AM ----------

It seems the deep breathes didn't help.
    The mechanic is signet. The skill is signet. The buff is signet.
    The buff goes away ONLY when the skill is on cooldown.
    Can't be removed. Can't be destroyed or otherwise converted via other skills. It's not a boon, it's a signet.
    The buff itself says it gives regeneration. It gives same regeneration as regenaration boon. It acts the same in terms of what it does. It's only removed if the player uses the skill, and remains inactive only as long as the skill is on cooldown. (The Active skill).

As long as you don't use the signet, you have a permanent regeneration effect, stacking with the other regeneration boons, and is effected by the +healing stat. It can be OP at solo leveling, especially if you have another condition removal skill, in which case you won't need the other heal we got that removes 2 conditions.
    Last edited by mmoc2aad59a6a5; 2012-09-10 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Braonie View Post
    I have a question to go along with the signet and all that goodness. My warrior is about 25 now with a sword and shield combo. I plan to take the health regen via adrenaline and banners. Right now with just the signet i can basically face tank 4-5 mobs with little issue. Is this the trend for later levels or does the damage from mobs really ramp up later in where knowing how to dodge is the way to go and having all that regen and toughness is good for the occasional mistake.

In pvp i tried the full build and i could typically take on 2 sometimes three people at once depending in skill level. I just dont want to assume that kind of survivabilty is indicative of what i will see later in pve
    You two do irritate my, my warrior is 65, I've done a 55-65 and a 60-70 area. I was never able to sustain more than 2-3 mobs because AI positional intelligence, rather I can 1on1 melee mobs with out taking any damage. I went full arms / disciple build (precison and crit) with representivewise stats on gear and possive bonus signets. I literaly dance around / from mob to mob.
    After the first post I wanted to try defensive, after second I wonder if it was a truly reponse or a standalone post..

Wildstar Black Ops - loved by strangers

Thank you, that was helpful, first reply was just frustrating

---------- Post added 2012-09-10 at 11:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Keren View Post
    You two do irritate my, my warrior is 65, I've done a 55-65 and a 60-70 area. I was never able to sustain more than 2-3 mobs because AI positional intelligence, rather I can 1on1 melee mobs with out taking any damage. I went full arms / disciple build (precison and crit) with representivewise stats on gear and possive bonus signets. I literaly dance around / from mob to mob.
    After the first post I wanted to try defensive, after second I wonder if it was a truly reponse or a standalone post..
    It's a reply to defensive. but you are right, they do try to flank me, But I never stand still, I back away from the mobs in circular way(Circle strafing basically) and since melee axe attacks hit in very wide arc I get to hit them all together. 1 ability on axe hits at least 130 degree arch and 2 ability hits 360.