Page 61 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Artorias View Post
    Anybody else obsessed with SwordAxe/Longbow setup? AoE Bleed/Burning Madnesssssss.
    I'm enjoying greatsword quite a lot actually, I don't know why but it just feels awesome when you hit things with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    I'm enjoying greatsword quite a lot actually, I don't know why but it just feels awesome when you hit things with it.
    Isn't every warrior?
    Listen kiddos, trust Handsome Jack. You want every part of this insanity.
    So many people are gonna die.

Formerly Ryngo Blackratchet

I've tested the basic attack(ability 1) and it seems to be capped at 3 targets regardless of how many people are in your cone of attack. Kinda lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerdus View Post
    For this reason I love the 2h hammer, it's like the only weapon that feels like you are really HITTING something, it's all huge swings and overhand smash attacks haha.

---------- Post added 2012-09-21 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jerom View Post
    I've tested the basic attack(ability 1) and it seems to be capped at 3 targets regardless of how many people are in your cone of attack. Kinda lame.
    This must've been changed at some point then, I've always been able to hit like 6-7 or more targets at once with the sword autoattack.

So I just recently hit 80 and am figuring out what sort of stats I want my exotic gear to have. I'm not going glass-cannon GS or dual axes build. This build will be more control, with some damage, and support. I'm hoping to use Hammer primarily while switching to mace/shield or longbow/rifle depending on the situation.

In that case, would it be wise to get gear with heavy investment in: Power, Toughness, and Vitality with gems/runes in either those three stats or get some +healing?

This would be for PvE and PvP. The specs would barely change. The spec I'm looking at now is 0/20/20/30/0
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

For my damage/support warrrior I went with full cleric (Power, toughness, healing) slotted with crest of the shaman (Vitality, healing, power). You can also mix some shaman pieces if you want more HP. The Shouts healing are not so bad, 2200 points per shout, with 25s-20s-20s cooldowns ("I use On my mark", "Shake it off" and "For great justice").
    But it really lack any good goup condition removal tool beside "Shake it off".

I'm using the superior sigil of water (30% chance on hit to heal), but I was wondering if it heals everybody around my target or around me since I use it on a longbow ?

Hey guys nifty little tips videos I made for warriors some may already know about it but none the less may help yas out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KuEau7LiYc
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIwZ9wB-lW0
    (•_•)
    ( •_•)>⌐■-■
    (⌐■_■)
    www.youtube.com/user/Thraxgaming

Hi folks,

I'm fairly new to GW2, and have a 58 warrior. So far, I've had a lot of luck leveling with a sword/axe and Rifle. Usually start off shooting the mob at range for a bit, then clean up with sword/axe.
    I've tried this in WvW and I get stomped. I know I'm only 58, but jeesh, I can't even kill a veteran guard.
    So I have some questions for the veteran warriors out there:

1. What role should a warrior take on in WvW? damage? support? both?
    2. What build should I shoot for?
    3. I'm working up armorsmithing right now. Is the lvl 80 crafted gear comparable with any other high level gear? I don't know where to research the best gear, etc..

4. Any general advice? Anything I should be doing while leveling up to 80?

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by dante View Post
    Hi folks,

I'm fairly new to GW2, and have a 58 warrior. So far, I've had a lot of luck leveling with a sword/axe and Rifle. Usually start off shooting the mob at range for a bit, then clean up with sword/axe.
    I've tried this in WvW and I get stomped. I know I'm only 58, but jeesh, I can't even kill a veteran guard.
    So I have some questions for the veteran warriors out there:

1. What role should a warrior take on in WvW? damage? support? both?
    2. What build should I shoot for?
    3. I'm working up armorsmithing right now. Is the lvl 80 crafted gear comparable with any other high level gear? I don't know where to research the best gear, etc..

4. Any general advice? Anything I should be doing while leveling up to 80?

Thanks everyone!
    One of the nice things about Guild Wars 2 is the fact that you can play whatever build and style you have fun with and still be viable; this applies to WvW as well. You can play the role you think would best help the team/you have the most fun with.

Regarding builds, you can pretty much make a setup that plays off your strengths. That being said, I did write a sample trait build guide a while back, so here's a link to it if you want some good springboard builds to get you started: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...it-Build-Guide

As far as armorsmithing goes, you can craft exotics of the same quality as those you would find from Karma merchants or monster drops. In fact, crafting gives you more control over the stats that appear on the items, so crafted armor at 80 can actually be better than most other level 80 exotics, theoretically.

The best advice I can give you as a warrior in general is to know what is available to you as a warrior. We have access to more weapon combinations than any other class, and as a result can fill a wide variety of roles. We're a very versatile class; taking advantage of that fact can lead to many great experiences.

Wow, nice build guide Arajal. Thanks for the response.

Quote Originally Posted by dante View Post
    Wow, nice build guide Arajal. Thanks for the response.
    Glad you found it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Ofc you are right regarding not having eviscerate but going with mace/axe + axe/shield (something I tested rigorously) you can 'bait' dodges.
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQRApX3OAA
    Pommel(3)=>Dual(4)=>Skull(f1)=>Whirling(5)=>swap=>Cyclone(2)=>Shield(4)=>Evis(f1) Destroys people and you hardly take any damage.

If you're into more damage with a tad less control you can go axe/mace + mace/shield (you can't avoid damage in both sets, you rely on timed swaps more)
    http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fIAQRApe3JAA
    Throw(3)=>Crushing(4)=>Cyclone(2)=>Tremor(5)=>Evis(f1)

I didn't play around with the sword but from what I hear sword/axe + mace/shield with high crit racks up bleeds after which you play in defense set.

edit:
    This is all regarding PvP
    edit2: It's so funny that the second build has the word RAPE in it's link
    http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQRApX3OAA

Can you please add traits and runes to this build. I want to try it out.
    Troll

the Discipline train line gives bonus to the "Burst skills". what are they?

those are the f1 skills.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    the Discipline train line gives bonus to the "Burst skills". what are they?
    Much as Fencers said, they are the abilities associated with your adrenaline level and (default) F1 button. These skills are located above the first five abilities on your bar, dictated by your equipped weapons. The burst skill itself is dependent on your main-hand weapon.

i must be the only guy that is loving using axe/axe. but then im low level, so maybe it's not very good later :/

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    i must be the only guy that is loving using axe/axe. but then im low level, so maybe it's not very good later :/
    Axe/axe is a fantastic combo; it's just that many other warriors like using greatswords (often for the Hundred Blades/Frenzy combo) or sword/axe (for bleed-stacking and Whirling Axe).

Quote Originally Posted by Arajal View Post
    Axe/axe is a fantastic combo; it's just that many other warriors like using greatswords (often for the Hundred Blades/Frenzy combo) or sword/axe (for bleed-stacking and Whirling Axe).
    Great sword is a great "run around the open world" wep and so is axe/axe. However, in dungeons the greatsword loses its strength greatly, you either have to cut HB off early to avoid dying and sure #3 is some good AoE damage, trust me I know I ran GS for the majority of my gameplay so far.

Recently I switched to using the axe was going to do axe/axe (this was my original beta weekend build i loved so much) but again for dungeons you don't gain enough from the offhand axe to make it a great tool, if you just used the #1 skill for the duration of the #5 you'll end up doing more damage, so really the #5 is only worth using for hitting things behind you and for destroying objects like burrows.
    The axe main hand has a really fast attack speed (you can end the third attacks channel to start the chain over dealing more damage) and the Axe actually hits harder then the GS #1, just because the GS is scaled for the vulnerability is causes so you "may" see higher numbers from it after the first couple combos, however the axe will deal a flat amount all the time you don't need to keep hitting to deal more damage and you'll be attacking faster.
    That being said I do love the GS and wish it had more valuable skills for dungeons. Not just the ability to get back to the fight really fast after I die.
    But that leaves the off hand selection, again in dungeons I like to look for things that help the group where I can become a valued member of the team instead of just another stereo typed warrior (oh he uses axe most be a glass cannon). In my structured group we run 2 guardians 2 warriors and a mesmer, 1 guardian uses hammer the other uses GS and they are obviously tank specd. That allows us warriors to go full DPS 3400+ attack 93% crit chance 104 crit damage that whole deal, and we run Axe/mace this gives us both really high damage, 12% uptime of 8 stacks of vulnerability (the GS auto attack tops out at 8 and with both of us running this its a 40% uptime iirc) and a skill that removes defiance from bosses which really helps the group.
    When I work with PuGs however I run a really tanky DPS spec, favoring Axe/shield (this set up is also really fun in WvW) this build i hit 3068 attack 3189 armor (until I can get either ascended or exotic Cavalier stated trinkets) 70-83% crit chance (if my sigil hits max stacks it usually does) and 83% crit damage. switching to tankier traits and armor + the shield skills makes me really tanky, while still dealing enough damage and still having skills that help the group, i.e. shield #4 and 5.

but really just use what you want, just giving my opinion from a hard core dungeon runner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

first off: I'm really thankful for this thread and all that everyone offers.

OK, i'm finaly lvl 80, and have 400 armorsmith and not too far from 400 weaponsmith. I'm planning on making my own armor, as opposed to using karma points. I just feel like I have more control over what stats with crafted armor. My problem is, I'm not sure what stats I want.

My overall goal is to get into structured pvp. Don't know much about it. Don't have a team or anything. I was trying to decide on the best stats for a Warrior in sPvP.

After looking at all the weps and dmg they do, I like the bleed effect that the swords give. Is it viable to have gear full of toughness (knight's draconic?) that has power as secondary skill, and then add condition damage with jewelry and such? The bleed damage seems so high, but then again, I've never sPvP, so I don't know. Maybe I should go with the control of the mace.

Anet making this game where you can choose your play style is a double edged sword. I'm just not sure which route to go.

thanks for any thoughts / suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by smelltheglove View Post
    Been a fan of axes since my first time in Fissure of Woe and a Chaos Axe dropped - max, gold, perfect sundering and fort mods, 15^50. Designed myself an amazing axe build that earned the compliments of a buddy of mine who used to use nothing but builds from PvX. Just started playing GW2 last week and got a pair of axes as soon as I could: white vendor trash, worse than the swords I had been using. Love the fact that Whirling Axe pretty much fills your Adrenaline meter with one press.

Speaking of axes, anyone know of any good axe skins that would be fairly easy to acquire? Never been a fan of the Stygian skin, really, but it looks better than my current axes used to. Suppose Chaos Axes are out since Tyria is currently cut off from the majority of the Mists, FoW in particular.
    I am Grôgnárd, the one and only!

The Light and How to Swing It