well I did some of my own little tests in a lvl 80 zone for the +% modifier, using besekers might (#5 in strength tree) running 30 min with and 30 without, the only other variable was might which i kept 8 stacks for 15 min and 15 min without.
    I noticed that when running without might the highest crit I did without the #5 was around 2200+ and the highest with the #5 was around 2400+ which is a little less than 12% effectivness.
    However while running that 8 stacks of might the highest crit without #5 was 2400+ and the highest with #5 was around 2700+ which is a little more effective than the 12% gained.

I get that exact numbers would really help but i wanted to try it out and such.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

So, for a glass warrior do they use all Berserker's gear? I was also wondering if there's anything karma-wise I can get or if I'm stuck shelling out gold at the TP. :P

Yup full berserker. I wouldn't buy the armour of tp though, CoF is easy to farm and depending on howmany 80s you have you can grind a full set in 4-5h playtime.
    I'd just get the rare version.

The gear should be slotted with ruby orbs since those give the best guaranteed dps, scholar comes out ahead if you can keep yourself at +90% hp.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    So, for a glass warrior do they use all Berserker's gear? I was also wondering if there's anything karma-wise I can get or if I'm stuck shelling out gold at the TP. :P
    You won't find any berzerker karma gear, but I was able to get some excellent results with the Balthazar gear and a dual wield sword build, focussing on crits and bleeds.

Meledelion and Targetter pretty much hit it straight-on. There's no version of Berserker's available for Karma, so your main routes for getting it are crafting or dungeons. Both CoF and CoE have armor sets with Berserker stats, so if you run into DRs or otherwise don't want to do CoF, CoE is a good place to hit as well.

I think SE or CM also has a berserker set, but I'm not sure on those.

First world problems: Ideally, I was wanting a set of level 79 rare Berserker gear (or even greens would be acceptable), except that doesn't exist. The best I can do is level 78 exotic gear, which is 2x+ the price. I wanted sub-80 because otherwise I'll have to get Fine Transmutation Stones, which is additional $$.

I can't seem to figure out a way to get the armor I want with the stats I want that isn't going to end up being a copious loss of gold. Either through gold->gems->fine transmutation stones or buying the exotics from the TP. Combine this with the fact that I won't be able to salvage any of it if I ever upgrade if I want to keep the skin (which in this case is T2 cultural), so either way that's going to be a loss too. Blah! :P

T2 doesn't cost a lot so if you get other gear sets I'd just buy another set of T2.
    Just rock the (ugly) lvl 80 rare gear until you get everything exotic this'll cost 2.5g or so.

Does anyone have a link to what the ideal glass warrior build is supposed to be? I'm wondering if I've done my traits right. Also, what is the "sonic boon" build? Is that for glass warriors to use in dungeons or something else?

Do you just stick to GS/rifle in dungeons? What about soloing? I was switching between GS and 2x axes, but lately I've been playing around with 1H sword + axe (and bow whenever I want ranged AoE). Warrior's the only class I play where I don't feel like most of my weapon abilities suck. :P So I keep one of just about everything on hand.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fIAQJAR...2SFKD;TIArRGFA
    Stack full ruby orbs/jewels, after sigil of quickness trigers swap weapons and go ham. If you don't like that sigil, battle works as well.

If you need a ranged weapon for a certain fight then pop in a rifle and switch some talents.

Sonic Boon I don't like the healing/defensive part since it's not needed imo.

Er, yeah, that is not even close to what I have. Then again, looking at my build it doesn't appear I've changed it since I was doing GS/dual axe. :P

Okay, so, comparing traits, I can see why they went with what they did. What about slot skills though? Those look fine for groups, but are they optimal for soloing? Are signets worse than they appear? (Wouldn't be the first time a skill read better than it performs.)

For soloing you can grab frenzy and endure pain instead of omm and the banner. If you're confident in your skill you don't need to take endure pain and can stick with either signet of might or omm.

The problem with signets is that you waste one trait the moment you use them and if you don't use them you're wasting another trait (deep strike and signet mastery). The second issue is that warriors have so much crit thanks to their awesome Fury uptime that more crit actually doesn't help, my war (only missing ascended amulet and earrings) has 63% crit without fury (83% with) if you add the 200prec from sigils you're going to get up to 72% crit without fury.

You might say oh but now I crit 10% more so I do better dps right? Well no, crit ch (cc), crit dmg and power are all intertwined. To go even further they are also combined with raw dmg % boosts (sigil of force for example), which you can get a lot of as a warrior (152%) and you lose a lot of those modifiers if you go with signets.

TLDR signets seem to compliment dmg while in fact you're trading off X*40 prec for x seconds and you're trading off one offensive cd for 40prec. (I'd have to change my SS so it doesn't include max vuln/might when you switch to a signet build which I cba with)

edit:
    These numbers are without using banner of disc, if you add the 70prec 10%cd you'll be up to 91% cc and 239%crit dmg.

Another note, when soloing it might be beneficial to actually drop rending strikes for the prec/signet and grab healing signet, signet of might and signet of fury + banner/fgj this way you should be able to hit 100% crit without sacrificing power/crit dmg.

Did the math, you'd get 95.48% cc (if you haven't used healing signet and 93,57% if you have used it) and you'd get 2more might stacks.
    Ofcourse you lose vulnerability but since normal pve mobs get close to oneshot anyways that doesn't matter that much

!FINAL EDIT!
    This build actually does more dmg (when you can't WW against a wall but most pugs can't set up properly so yea...) by a fair margin if you go with the premise that vuln/might are kept up to 25stacks regardless of what weapon you're using.
    Last edited by Meledelion; 2013-03-10 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    !FINAL EDIT!
    This build actually does more dmg (when you can't WW against a wall but most pugs can't set up properly so yea...) by a fair margin if you go with the premise that vuln/might are kept up to 25stacks regardless of what weapon you're using.
    Ugh, I really hate how there are 18 different build websites for GW2. I miss the days of WoW where everyone used the Wowhead talent calculator and if you didn't it was like, WTF? I can't even tell what he picked for his slot skills, if he picked any.

He also says the build is specific for dungeons, not for solo play. Since I don't plan to run dungeons much (or at all) I feel like this build probably isn't optimized for my style of play.

It's pretty much the same build I linked but he takes 5points from strength and puts them in discipline. He also grabs axe/mace instead of gs/gs. The utilities are the same as I mentioned.

The difference is that you start off with axe/mace, autoattack till adrenaline is full>WS>HB>WS>autoattack with axe>WS>HB>...

For solo play I'd stick with just GS since burst>all in the open world.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Ugh, I really hate how there are 18 different build websites for GW2. I miss the days of WoW where everyone used the Wowhead talent calculator and if you didn't it was like, WTF? I can't even tell what he picked for his slot skills, if he picked any.

He also says the build is specific for dungeons, not for solo play. Since I don't plan to run dungeons much (or at all) I feel like this build probably isn't optimized for my style of play.
    I'm really surprised no one has created a PvX type website for GW2 like there is for GW1.

I'm sort of disappointed in the community in that respect a bit. gwpvx was great I thought since it had all kinds of rated builds for every profession, team builds, builds for pvp, for general pve, farming builds, etcetera.

Instead we have a bunch of fragmented build sites.

The problem with PvX was that a lot of votes were just "I use this build and I like it" votes which hinders theorycrafters. For instance I hate toughness/vit builds and find them useless, for that reason I should downvote every build that has them even though it's possible (and likely) that the poster of that build actually did lots of optimising and it's a good build for the "role" it wants to play.

Another (big) issue is that in GW1 you could setup teams easily. There were 8slots in a team and 10 classes, meaning that the chance that someone has one of those classes is quite big (80%)
    In GW2 you have 5slots and 8classes meaning that the chance of someone having one of those random classes is only 62.5%.

The last issue is that there's no heroes in GW2 while there were in GW1, not many builds actually relied 100% on the combo of those 8builds, you could for instance change the nec/rt healer to a mo/me dwayna healer and be just as effective.

Yeah you make good points but at least it was a central place to discuss the builds and such. That is what I sort of miss about it. It's hard to find a good place for discussion on builds and tactics for GW2.

So far guru is the "best" place for builds, just keep a critical mind and use your own excel sheets to double check things.

Okay, I'm still confused about slot skills since several have been mentioned. x_X So, for soloing, should I go FGJ, OOM, and Signet of Might? I don't really want to use banners, and Frenzy doesn't seem worth it for 4s of quickness on a 60s cooldown. Also, would you go Healing Signet or something else?

Healing surge as a heal.
    Frenzy is very handy since it means you deal double dmg for 4sec, this means that you're going to be dealing upwards of 120k dmg. The reason why this is so handy is because some mobs have short attacks which are annoying but aren't dangerous (blind, knockback) but which do make you deal less dmg.

Banner of discipline is one of the best utilities wars have (especially in groups).
    For soloing you can run frenzy, omm and fgj and for elite signet of rage.

A setup I like to use when soloing is Frenzy, Signet of Might, and "FGJ", with the elite as Signet of Rage. My solo build includes Forceful Greatsword, so when I pop everything and use Hundred Blades, my might stack caps out by the end of HB; stuff melts.

Mending is nice for getting rid of those pesky conditions that mobs in Orr just love to throw on you.