Before posting, or scrolling to the next page, at least look at the information in red below.
Please, stop saying things such as "Don't play it if you don't like it." and "What about the older races who need updates?"
For one, that statement for us, goes in one ear and out the other because it's not that we hate female worgen or worgen in general; we love the lore, we are just upset that a model that had so much potential, and that we expected to have been tweaked and fixed and good stuff added to, was changed within the last month/two weeks to a half arsed, rushed, caricatured model, and we want to play something we feel comfortable with, because we like Worgen, and its lore. Or Wolves.
And two, as much as we would like to see results pop in our faces as quickly as possible, we do not wish that Worgen take top priority on Blizzard's 'to do' list, but we definitely don't want it to be last on the 'to do' list. We're just saying sometime in the future or if Blizzard wants to work on them, we want to see certain things changed.
Since my poll has not been deleted, I will say this: This poll is only geared towards those who want a change. I should have made a "Add alpha models, don't touch the beta" option, but, after requests, mods have not decided to delete it. If you don't like my poll/if you don't like my thread, you don't have to vote/you can leave, because whining to me that you don't like it won't make me fix it, because I can't right now. Post a complaint about 'biased' polls on the forums, just don't whine about it here, please, QQ somewhere else.
This is a conversation friendly environment. Don't be afraid to post your opinion and have a discussion with us. Disagreeing with other people's opinions or artwork is fine, and you have a right to say what you don't like about it or why you don't like it. While arguing, look at their argument carefully and consider what they're thinking and watch what you think before you post, because ignoring some people's points and not considering what they have to say and continuing on with your argument is frowned upon.
Shooting people down because of their opinions, telling them to get a life/kill themselves, telling them go QQ somewhere else and declare what they say does not matter, will not be tolerated. (I have shot someone down for their opinions and I feel deeply sorry for it. To the person I've done it to and to make it up to them, I will say this.) Any sign of flaming (verbal attacks, shooting down somebody because of their option or bashing someone just to bash them) will be taken care of immediately and aggressively.
If you like the current female, it's fine. If you don't want alpha models as customization, it's fine. If other people do, please do not bash them. If I see any flaming in my thread I will report it, or I see to it that other honest people will take care of it for me (and some have, thank you.) Anyway, No ANEE QUESHTUNZ? you will get reported.
If you like what you see, or agree with us, post what you think! Feel free to discuss and chat with us! Again, this is a discussion/debate thread so opposition is fine as long as it isn't flaming.
Ftw, there's also 4 threads on the blizzard site the past few months that is fighting to bring back alpha models or fix the current model (former preferred.)
Current: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4253896280 Post and show your support in this one!
I shall begin with.
Srsly. How, and why? That's what others are asking.
Anyway, by standards, the current female model has caused more outcries than any of the player character models ever released in WOW. Blizz can do something about this, to make some players happy. Now that Blizzard is considering model fix ups, why not ask them to give the Female Worgen a little love?
If you've been hiding in the shell and haven't seen alpha before, behold the myriad of customization in its glory.
Compilation in a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECnLIB8-Yr4
Wanna see all of her animations? Watch as my avatar displays her gorgeousness. (No I didn't make it.)
(Exact eyes and hair too XD)
Ahhh, I can already hear the groaning. People probably have seen this type of thread here a bunch of times, and will yell "IT'S BEEN A YEAR, IT'S ABOUT MOP!" and I know people are like, "It's the old models, and the female Pandaren's turn." but females are buggy. And if Blizzard doesn't want to change the model because people don't want it changed, too bad. Bugs should be changed.
I don't want to lengthen this post with pictures, so please click on the URLs so you will know what I'm talking about.
I can't make my posts on WOW because I'm not a current member, but I want to play so bad as a Worgen female Rogue! But. I can't play a female. I'd have to play derpchihuahua. I'm only showing my problems here because I'm venting.
You've seen this image before, yes? http://hitsujifox.deviantart.com/art...tuff-204216612
That person basically sums everything up but dammit, I want my say in it too.
1. Eyes. http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9...eeyesfaces.jpg I have a lot to say about this one. What's the first thing you look into when you see a person's face? Their eyes, I hope. When I think of looking into a Worgen's eyes, I want them to look into mine, focused. Wolf eyes are beautiful, but they're feral and focused and they give you a sense of wildness. I imagine a female Worgen's eyes them dignified, calm, yet feral and alert enough to give off the impression, "I may be part human, but I'm still a feral bitch and I can still rip your face if you piss me off." The current model's eyes tell me "Errrrrrrrrrderp." It's like when you squeeze a cartoon character's head too much and their eyes pop out. ERRRRRRRDEWOP! I can't even stare into them because they're too spaced out. The 'sockets' are planted nearly to the side so the eyes bulge out like a herbivore. No-no. She's a predator, they're supposed to be staring at you. And what the hell is up with the eyelids? Are they SHAVED? And mauve eyeshadow? And the fake eyelashes?! No. Nono. I don't think one of the female Worgen's priorities in the morning are putting makeup on. And why, WHY must the male's eyes glow and the female's eyes are HUMAN. Not only that, the irises are diluted shades of yellow, green and blue, and they NEVER move. Plus the sclera (white part of the eye) is yellow. GROSS. Seriously, the eyes are a joke. Dimorphism is a common thing in WOW, but when it comes to eyes, if the male has a trait, females have it too. Male's glow? Female's glow. Period.
Now, if you look at the Alpha's eyes, those are gorgeous. They vary in color, shape and eyelashes (I wish we could customize all three of those) and vary from sultry, to feral, and alert. And they stare at you. No doubt about it. I wouldn't change a thing about those alpha eyes, not at all. What possessed the artist of the female Worgen to change the shape? No clue. tl;dr, Wolf eyes can be beautiful, but you don't have to stereotype them to the point where they look skank and trampish.
2. Skull. This..
What is up with that dome on her head? Seriously. She looks like a toy dog. I don't have to say any more than she has a chihuahua shaped skull and that's why most likely the eyes bulge. EOS. If it was shaped more like a male, it would look so much better, or keep the alpha female shaped skull.
In fact, look at this.
Look at the skull shape of the alpha female compared to the skull shape of the alpha male. IDENTICAL. IT'S PERFECT. Now look at the beta. It's a dome. An effing dome. It's a chihuahua skull. I don't know what they were thinking!!! If I wanted to see a dome, I would have gone to Rome. (Rhymed. /Lol.)
Can anyone tell me the difference between the skull shape in this?
3. Muzzle. The muzzle needs to be narrower. And also, the muzzle actually curves downward and points back up to the nose, making it look more lapdogish rather than it being more straight, like a wolf. The problem I see the most is the way the lips stick out to the sides and fold down on the top. They're too big. That's why when the female snarls, it appears to be snarling from the back because the front teeth are hidden under the lips. If the lips were reduced and lifted up, the snarl could be more pronounced. She even looks like she's always biting her own lip when you look at her from a side view.
The jaw opens weird...
It opens up like a PEZ dispenser
it doesn't open. It unhinges, and so does the Male's. The female is actually trying to mimic the male, but her small teeth makes the imitation a fail.
The lips and muzzle shape never change so when the female tries to speak or do emotions, there is no emotion, just jaw up and down movage. The alpha male's muzzle is lupine... it's big, yet it looks lupine... why didn't they get the females right?
Compare the muzzle size here http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/9...eeyesfaces.jpg the alpha's is more delicate, I love it.
And here http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q...1275041478.png
Then tell me the beta model has a more wolfish muzzle. No? I thought so, too. The nose also looks very weird on a worgen female. To compensate for the bigger muzzle, they had to add a bigger nose, and some of the noses are just so darn terribly huge. it's like, no wonder when idle they go SNIFFSNIFFSLURPSNUFFLESNIFFSNORTSNARTSNUFFLE.
4. Teeth. When she opens her mouth to snarl the teeth are TERRIBLE looking.
THE HORROR. http://i.imgur.com/fJGcQ.jpg
When she opens her mouth, her bottom teeth look small and jagged, and the lips still cover the front and sides of her mouth. Wanna know why it's covered? Look at the first picture in that link there. This is the fierce snarl that she makes, when she tries to curl her lips to imitate a wolf snarl. It appears as though the upper teeth are being held up by a thread of her gums that hangs from the lips on each side of her mouth. Still don't believe me when I say her muzzle, lips, and snarl are bad?
Let's lift her upper lip for a closer look.
MOAR TEETH. GASP. That's what the lips were hiding, or WHY the lips were pulled down so damn much. They tried to overlap a row of teeth in FRONT, not between, in FRONT of her canines. They're to make up for a lack of snarl in the front, but it leaves a huge gap between the front teeth and the canines in the back. You know those canines that stick out and point backwards, when she's in her idle state? When her mouth is closed? They're not even placed right to begin with. Look closely, they aren't even attached to the top of the mouth. When the female worgen opens her mouth, she tries to lift her upper lip which stretches her back teeth upwards, but leaves the canines in their original position, if not, they're pulled down lower than the back teeth so they will stick out when her mouth is closed. As a result, when her mouth opens,the canines look like some sort of spider fangss pointing backwards. Do you see the black V pointing down from the muzzle? It looks like it's the only thing holding the gums, because that's the point where her side snarl begins, and where the lips curl up to show the front teeth, begin. That's why it looks like the front teeth are hanging on by threads. And you know what? That second set of teeth was there to BEGIN with. The lips covered them THE WHOLE TIME. It's a complete FAIL. And look--look how many gaps are in her mouth--on the sides of the upper teeth so it looks like there's no gums, in the front of the teeth so it looks like there's a gap above her front teeth where her gums are supposed to be, and It's disgusting.
Look here at the alpha's snarl. http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/1892/unarmed.gif
compared to http://i.imgur.com/Gef7P.jpg
She actually looks like she's pissed off at you. She bares all of her teeth correctly, except the flat teeth in her back. Those could be sharpened a bit... But the alpha's teeth were fine for release. And she opens her mouth correctly. The current model's mouth imitates the male's snarl almost exactly, but the jaws unhinge and they look so unnatural. http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/9199/jawsn.png It fails. The alpha's is on the bottom, with a natural opened mouth.
5. Cheeks. From the side... horse cheeks. Period. y u so hung down?
6. Boobs. I feel bad for the female worgen. At one time, I saw her bite into her own boob because it was raised too high. The boobs stick straight out. The female's boobs need to sag... not reduce, just sag them a little bit.
7. Body.http://i825.photobucket.com/albums/z...andsclosed.png This makes me sad. Her legs are nearly direct skeleton copies of the female Draenei legs; her stomach and hips are weird, half her body unnaturally sticks out to the front, and her back is curved. Her poor body. Does she have scoliosis? Look at the left part. Her waist is shifted so she has all of her weight on her right leg, and her whole body is turned out to the left ever so slightly, while her face is straight at you, so it looks like her head is turned while her body's at a diagonal. Alpha had that problem too, but it had a blocky butt /lol. If she's to the side, From her ribcage onto the middle of her stomach, it looks concave and it goes inward, while her waist and hips shift outwards. Now look to the right when her hands are closed. WTF. Her body's PERFECT, except her head's turned. To the side, look at her boobies. Sag. Her stomach and ribs still are concave but it's an improvement. That's not an edit. Make her body like that! PLZ!
Btw, the current skeleton is horrible and clips too much.
The alpha NEVER does that and her body moves correctly. The beta model's body is the alpha's body resized to be shorter, and thicker, and modified in other ways. The model was designed for its original size, not the beta size, and it's why it clips, and the back looks weird when she does her mutilation action.
This basically shows what is wrong with the female worgen body and what to do to fix it. http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs70/f/20...ox-d3921i3.png
8. Mane. It's not wolfen. It looks more lionish. It should be less thick and start at the middle of her forehead and reach down the sides of her cheeks to look like a wolf head/cheek/shoulder ruffle. And it's one color. One color. Bor-ing.
9. Ears. They're not wolf ears. Canid ears are positioned at the top of the head. See that Chihuahua head I showed earlier? Its ears are on top of its head, aren't they? The current female's ears are positioned like human's. It's simply unnatural. It even has ear canals that look like human ear holes. Males have correct ears, why not the females? The alpha's ears were positioned at the top of her head just like the Male's, and they flattened down, and back like a wolf does when it's scared or pissed off. They barely move like wolf ears either. Sure, they tilt back when she's pissed off at you but it's not natural. they just move down a bit. The alpha had wolf ears, and they flattened appropriately when she's pissed off or when she's scared.
10. Expression. It's lacking. It's the same old face but the eyebrows move up and down. Same kitty face in the front, same RRRRRRSNAAARRRLDERP on the side. When the alpha is idle...she looks idle. Just...calm...nothing's bothering her. She knows she's cursed but she's fine with it. Her lower jaw even moves as she's breathing. With the Beta female, it's RRRRRSNARLGROWLSNARL CURSE THE WORLD FOR GIVING ME THIS CURSE I WILL RAAAAAYGE WITH MY UNNATURAL SNARL! Only the lips move while she breathes. The alpha showed so much emotion. The alpha's mouth moved appropriately while speaking, and her eyebrows actually move with emotion. When she's content, you know she is, simply nodding her head and moving about and such. When she's really happy or excited, her eyebrows raise a bit and you CAN see a smile on her face, her whole face just lights up. She does an open smile when she cheers! When she's unsure, her eyebrows slightly go into an upside down V shape. When she's sad her eyebrows go into a full upside-down V shape and you can see the emotion elsewhere on her face, she even frowns. She has that face too when she's scared, but her ears go back and she cowers convincingly that she's scared. When she's somewhat ticked off at you, her eyebrows tilt down, and it may not look like it, but she angrily squints at you, as if she's spiting you. When she squints while doing an animation, it isn't simply blinking her eyes, you see her eyes and the area around them close in a squint. And when in combat, her eyes are wide and alert but her ears naturally go down in anger and she snarls at you. It was amazing. The current model's eyebrows move, but it's the same expression; kitty face to the front, HERDERPSNARLOMFG to the side. And her mouth clips. I don't know what Blizz was thinking.
11. Dance. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jtsoneo9I5U Um. The song has nothing to do with the female Worgen, honestly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MaWZPNVTkc Look at this music video. It's called 'She Wolf' by Shakira. It's more slutty and suggestive than Poker Face, but isn't all female/some male dances suggestive? But the lyrics of the song alone fits the female worgen. It's SHE WOLF for crying out loud. Isn't the Female Worgen a she wolf? Here are the lyrics. http://www.elyrics.net/read/s/shakir...lf-lyrics.html Take a gander at this and tell me that it doesn't fit the female worgen.
S.O.S. she's in disguise
S.O.S. she's in disguise
There's a she wolf in disguise
Coming out, coming out, coming out
And the males should have gotten Michael Jackson's 'Thriller.'
CUZ THIS IS THRILLA! THRILLA NIIIITE! Ahem.
12. Comparisons to the male. this one's more explanatory than a complaint. Well. It is a complaint :P
Now look here.
Look how similar the alpha male worgen and the alpha female worgen were. Those were the alpha textures. The female worgen is an exact feminine replica of the male. The male and female worgen have the same eyes, skull shape, nose shape, everything. The female just has a smaller nose, and slightly bigger feminine eyes and a smaller 'mane' and of course, a softer look.
Now look at the betas.
Well, the male worgen's eyes were glossed over and they gave the male worgen longer, snaggletoothed teeth. Blizzard wanted to give them more of a feral look, so, that's what we have now.
And look what they did to the females. They looked like NOTHING of what they did before. The skull changed, the eyes changed, the nose shape changed, the muzzle shape changed, even the mane changed and of course the teeth. If they wanted to make the female look more ferocious, they could have added a bunch of teeth to the alpha female, like they did with the alpha male. They should have kept the alpha female's eyes due to two reasons. The alpha male's eyes are glossed over, no pupils, because that's a feral look. The female's alpha eyes have a pupil and it gives them at least a bit more of a human, feminine look instead of throwing derp human eyes. More emotion, more character. Males are characterized as being mindless killers. Females usually have a more delicateness to them. They should have left the skull shape, nose, mane pattern and muzzle alone and just add the male worgen's teeth or maybe a bit smaller. That's it. Idk what they were thinking.
13. Fur. I hate the fur on the worgen female and the male worgen. It's just colored skin with lines all over it. I would like to see a lot more fluff on the body... like... this picture.
You can see she has cheek fluff that curves downward (no horse cheeks anymore.) And she has wolf ruffles and a fluffy mane, and even fluff on her chest and tummy.
Here's a comparison of the alpha and her counterpart. Compare, and be horrorified!
For the current model, I would at least like to see less bulgy, less mascara lidded eyes with more realistic eyelashes. They can still be human, they just can't be derpy. And we need more color saturation in the eyes, more eye colors. The snarl needs to be changed too. And maybe adjust the body a bit more...
BTW. http://i39.tinypic.com/2wnzozn.png some skin colors were removed in he beta. (I so wish they could have made a white female worgen or a really really light blue one, like the white worgen kitty/bear druid. They made one for the males... I want one so bad.) This one shows which were kept and which were gone. (If this isn't correct, tell me please!) I think this was to not make the male worgen feel bad. Well, maybe they should have given males more customization. But has anyone noticed that the males' face actually CHANGES texture while females are the same derp? http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...lMaleFaces.jpg
I don't think it's too hard to add the alpha customization options, or even the whole model alongside the current model. It's not fair for the other races, but maybe there should be different model choices for each race as well. After all, it's time for a change and transmogrification is not enough! We need more models in the game!
Now. I wanna give love for the boys. Plz. Plz add more customization for the guys, they're suffering. And if the alpha model females get in, please add the alpha males, the cuddly ones, so the males aren't left out.
Does anyone wanna see the alpha like I do? Have I convinced those who like the current model that it's not as good as you thought? Tell me your opinions