View Poll Results: Eventually, what would you like to see?

Voters
1252. This poll is closed
  • The alpha male and female worgen customizations brought back as options.

632 50.48%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more male customizations.

147 11.74%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more female customization.

282 22.52%
  • More current female facial customization (not the same face (not pattern))

242 19.33%
  • More current male customization (fur colors, faces, hair, etc.)

175 13.98%
  • Idc, as long as the females don't derp around anymore.

498 39.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 40 of 130 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roulette Kneebasha View Post
    Meh, better not to feed the trolls, Snuzzle. People who post in threads about how little they care about the given subject are never here to contribute.
    And who are you to call someone a troll? Goodness gracious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CanthonyDB View Post
    Well, she's right.

Sig by Isilrien

Stood in the Fire Flufflemonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    I prefer alpha over beta.

I understand blizz can't just erase the beta and replace it with the alpha model.
    Since some players do like that model.

However, female worgen are REALLY unpopular
    I think most of the people who play female worgen, just play it because the loved the alpha model and still decided to roll one, or like the animations, concept or racials. I think most of the people who play female worgen, just play it because the loved the alpha model and still decided to roll one, or like the animations, concept or racials.

So I'd say: add alphas. The only thing that could happen if they do that is that more people will start to play female worgen.
    Currently, there's more than 233k worgen players in the game at the moment. There are more female worgen than male worgen in the game, but, it's more of a 9:10 Male: Female ratio respectively. But I suspect a good deal of players don't really like the appearance, but they like the worgen concept/racials, I'm one of them. I'm pretty sure a large crowd loved the alphas, they're just not saying anything. I wish they would, we'd support them with wide claws!

Quote Originally Posted by CanthonyDB View Post
    She never called them a troll. They just don't contribute to the topic to how we want them to, that doesn't make them trolls.
    But those who are like "OMG THIS THREAD AGAIN? 2 YEARS NOW YOU HAD ENOUGH? GET A LIFE WE HAVE OTHER THINGS TO WORRY ABOUT IN WOW!"

Apparantly the motto is "Disregard models, acquire Pokemon/Farmville." THAT pisses me off.

Anyway, I did a little plastic surgery on the female worgen's snout, and now it slopes down properly like a wolf's does.

Before:

After:

Tell me what you think. Now, I think it looks more like a wolf than a domestic dog. You like the little round nose I added? I completely changed the nose, ftw. I tried to snaggletooth her up a bit but I don't think I did it well enough.

I just realized I gave her a smirk like "LOL noob gonna get ganked."
    ... JIMMY GOT GANKED OUTSIDE! DX
    Last edited by Flufflemonster; 2012-04-01 at 09:29 PM.
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Flufflemonster View Post
    Currently, there's more than 233k worgen players in the game at the moment. There are more female worgen than male worgen in the game, but, it's more of a 9:10 Male: Female ratio respectively. But I suspect a good deal of players don't really like the appearance, but they like the worgen concept/racials, I'm one of them. I'm pretty sure a large crowd loved the alphas, they're just not saying anything. I wish they would, we'd support them with wide claws!
    Oh I didn't know.
    Well I don't see many female worgen around. Maybe a lot of people create one but don't really play them actively (my case)
    I wonder if we will ever see them again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    Oh I didn't know.
    Well I don't see many female worgen around. Maybe a lot of people create one but don't really play them actively (my case)
    I wonder if we will ever see them again
    I found something very very interesting

You can see the progress of the female Worgen. The second image is the one that we want in the game. When the beta first came out, she barely had eyelids, so they covered them with long eyelids, in the next picture. But look at the fifth one, the one right after the long lidded one. She looks more angry than derpy, although she still has those derp eyes, but she doesn't have those heavily lidded eyes. Then they added the eyelids again in the picture afterwards and the last image is the derpie we have now.

I'm kind of sad they went with the longer eyelids than the one with the meaner expression. But, we're fighting for the alphas, and to maybe get them polished and fluffed up.
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

Number 5 looks LOADS better than what we have currently, despite the insanely small change. It's still horrible, but it's a lesser of two evils. Of course though, number 2 is still better than anything up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadina View Post
    Number 5 looks LOADS better than what we have currently, despite the insanely small change. It's still horrible, but it's a lesser of two evils. Of course though, number 2 is still better than anything up there.
    What'd you think of my face edit in my previous picture?
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

I think they look really nice and fixes what people were saying that it looked "cat-like". I just came in late and didn't want to post about them this much later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Samin
    At night, I look upon potatoes with lust in my eyes.

15+ Year Old Account
    Number 5 is our Live face though, just frozen in a different animation. Here's the Live face in the "stocks" animation so you can see for yourself:

You can also see the brows move in the "cry" emote and the "flex" emote. When her brows move, the eyelids disappear and her entire face looks worlds better (imho). Her brows used to move during a lot of animations during alpha, like all the attack ready poses, but they don't anymore. They only move during a handful of emotes and animations. This leads to her face looking stiff and lifeless much of the time.

Sig by Isilrien

What'd you think of my face edit in my previous picture?
    I approve. The dished profile is one of the things that bugged me about the alpha to begin with, but got exaggerated in the interim.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the Worgen male models in the Cata announcement trailer. The video starts at 2:16

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQYjWEd4txY

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post

You can also see the brows move in the "cry" emote and the "flex" emote. When her brows move, the eyelids disappear and her entire face looks worlds better (imho). Her brows used to move during a lot of animations during alpha, like all the attack ready poses, but they don't anymore. They only move during a handful of emotes and animations. This leads to her face looking stiff and lifeless much of the time.
    That's PITIFUL. Female worgen shouldn't get THAT upset or that sad. If they're upset, they should be pissed off! WTF Blizz!
    And the teeth and mouth look fail in this frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Chadina View Post
    I think they look really nice and fixes what people were saying that it looked "cat-like". I just came in late and didn't want to post about them this much later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Farseer Lolotea View Post
    I approve. The dished profile is one of the things that bugged me about the alpha to begin with, but got exaggerated in the interim.
    Thank you both. I tried my hardest to make the muzzle proportioned properly so they head doesn't look too bulgy compared to the muzzle (like a duck) while making the snout long enough to the point where it looks wolfine/lupine. I hated the upturned snout, it made them look like they had a lapdog muzzle...
    The short, muzzle and kitty nose is what made the female worgen look too kitty-like. I tried to alleviate it. I also made the nose more wolfish, making it rounder, so it's not in that kitty T shape. The males do have a kitty nose, making them look somewhat like lions, but their snout slopes downward even more so than a wolf's, and I think it makes him scarier. Why males got a downward sloped snout and females got an upwards snout, I have no clue, but the alpha and beta female's snouts should have been longer, and all the worgen versions should have gotten a wolf nose instead of a kitty nose.

I'm a picky bitch! *Pun intended. ba dum tsss!* so I know what I want
    This is my personal list of to be fixed things for the alpha.
    1. Add wolf teeth (no snaggletoothiness, just sharper, fuller wolf teeth like Chadina made with canines sticking down while idle.)
    2. Lengthen the snout, no upturning at the nose
    3. Add wolf noses, not kitty noses.
    4. Fur length options, so those who want to get their fluff on can look like wolves instead of kitties with glued on wigs
    5. Give her a natural rib cage and make her breasts sag naturally.
    6. Align the body please, so her torso is straight and her stomach doesn't concave; her hips stick out towards the front, and from her boobs the tummy goes in, giving her that concave tummy problem. Also, if she HAS to shift her weight to one leg, the body has to face forward (her face, faces the front while the body is turned so she looks like she turned her head at you rather than her body facing towards you.)
    And please, PLEASE make the hands proportional to the body on both genders. They're huge. If the "If your hand is bigger than your face, you're a genius" tale exists, Worgen would be the smartest playable race in WOW evar. One hand shouldn't have the size to cover your whole chest, tyvm.

Did I miss anything?
    Last edited by Flufflemonster; 2012-04-01 at 11:06 PM.
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

15+ Year Old Account
    That's PITIFUL. Female worgen shouldn't get THAT upset or that sad. If they're upset, they should be pissed off! WTF Blizz!
    That's... kind of missing my point but okay.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    That's... kind of missing my point but okay.
    I know. Live female worgen show more emotion that we hope.
    But the alpha female worgen had so much expression. Did you guys see the video I had in the OP? Her eyes alone appear to squint at you at times when she's ticked off, and the area under her eye and her eyebrow can move too. It's so sad.
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

I personally think the current models are fine, but I don't see what it would hurt adding extra things as purely optional/additional choices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItZMuRdA View Post
    I personally think the current models are fine, but I don't see what it would hurt adding extra things as purely optional/additional choices.
    It's nice to know we have someone who understands our logic. Even if you don't like the alphas, or you really like the beta, I don't understand why people would get flippy over adding options that would make other players happy without tampering the current model.
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

15+ Year Old Account
    I know. Live female worgen show more emotion that we hope.
    But the alpha female worgen had so much expression. Did you guys see the video I had in the OP? Her eyes alone appear to squint at you at times when she's ticked off, and the area under her eye and her eyebrow can move too. It's so sad.
    Well, actually, my point was that face five wasn't a "tweak," just that her face was frozen into one of the various emotes we have today.

I do agree that alpha worgen has a lot more expressiveness. Part of that is that their default face was more neutral, allowing a wider range of expressions and subtlety you can't get when a face is already formed into an extreme expression. Part of it was they actually made use of the brow a lot more, and hardly use it at all with Live. It's almost as if the current animations weren't finished, because I can think of no other reason we don't see more brow movement like we saw with the alpha model.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, actually, my point was that face five wasn't a "tweak," just that her face was frozen into one of the various emotes we have today.

I do agree that alpha worgen has a lot more expressiveness. Part of that is that their default face was more neutral, allowing a wider range of expressions and subtlety you can't get when a face is already formed into an extreme expression. Part of it was they actually made use of the brow a lot more, and hardly use it at all with Live. It's almost as if the current animations weren't finished, because I can think of no other reason we don't see more brow movement like we saw with the alpha model.
    I want the alpha so bad. The first choice, the one in my avvie, is perfect for Fluffy. Fluffy always looks a bit stern when she's 'normal.' The alpha has it. When Fluffy gets upset, she gets emotional, and how the alpha displays emotions, it's just perfect... Why they tossed the alpha in favor of the beta, I had no clue.
    Last edited by Flufflemonster; 2012-04-02 at 12:02 AM.
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

Deleted
    As i said a few pages ago, that isnt "correct" (or at leas, 100% correct xD). Why shouldnt a Worgen get upset or sad? They are sentient beings after all. Wolves have those feelings too (and dogs too, if we compare with more animals that are "close to Worgen"). On that animation (on stocks) they simply added the "scared/sad" animations on female to give variety to the scenario when you are on stocks on the Worgen starting area, maybe it isnt the best show the males as aggresive and females as "more docile/scared", but after all, its variety. of course, they are Worgen, and they are supposed to be feral, but as i said, they are still sentient beings, and as everyone, they have those feelings too.

If i finally get the WMV to work 100% with Alpha model (some animations works bad in the actual version that im working with to post screens/gifs in this thread), i can upload some screenshots, so those who want to make edits, (like Phyra or Chadina, which, i must say they did a great job, really ^^), but just give me a bit of time to get the files i need to do so (or at least, to see if i get the results i want ) ^^"
    Last edited by mmoc1baaa4dbec; 2012-04-02 at 12:08 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoator View Post
    As i said a few pages ago, that isnt "correct" (or at leas, 100% correct xD). Why shouldnt a Worgen get upset or sad? They are sentient beings after all. Wolves have those feelings too (and dogs too, if we compare with more animals that are "close to Worgen"). On that animation (on stocks) they simply added the "scared/sad" animations on female to give variety to the scenario when you are on stocks on the Worgen starting area, maybe it isnt the best show the males as aggresive and females as "more docile/scared", but after all, its variety. of course, they are Worgen, and they are supposed to be feral, but as i said, they are still sentient beings, and as everyone, they have those feelings too.

If i finally get the WMV to work 100% with Alpha model (some animations works bad in the actual version that im working with to post screens/gifs in this thread), i can upload some screenshots, so those who want to make edits, (like Phyra or Chadina, which, i must say they did a great job, really ^^), but just give me a bit of time to get the files i need to do so (or at least, to see if i get the results i want ) ^^"
    Yeah, I'm not at all opposed to seeing female worgen look sad. The males have a pretty sad-puppy face stocks animation too. But they also have a kicking/fighting animation, and females don't have that. And that's what annoys me about their stocks animations.

Sig by Isilrien