View Poll Results: Eventually, what would you like to see?

Voters
1252. This poll is closed
  • The alpha male and female worgen customizations brought back as options.

632 50.48%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more male customizations.

147 11.74%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more female customization.

282 22.52%
  • More current female facial customization (not the same face (not pattern))

242 19.33%
  • More current male customization (fur colors, faces, hair, etc.)

175 13.98%
  • Idc, as long as the females don't derp around anymore.

498 39.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 8 of 130 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    They don't, actually. Bear, Lynx, and Dragonhawk only have a "breathing" animation where their jaw moves. The eagle (the only one based on the player troll model) has barely any movement at all. Not even his plumge moves when he runs/attacks. If you'd be willing to settle for that on your alpha worgen model, then I'm sure it wouldn't take much work at all. But I doubt you'd find many people who feel the same way.
    actually i dont plan on making a female worgen at all, im just tired of seeing the derp face female worgen all the time.
    and i was just pointing out the fact that blizzard has just stuck heads on bodies, that doesnt mean i was trying to imply i wanted to have them like the troll gods. What strange deductions you are making.

edit: check the video the other person linked>> there is your emotion
    Last edited by Night Wind; 2012-03-19 at 04:53 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

I have 'derp eyes' as you say irl I guess I should get them fixed because I am a bug in gods game of life.

Thanks op I guess all classes need to be represented with perfection in this game.

Stood in the Fire Flufflemonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post
    I have 'derp eyes' as you say irl I guess I should get them fixed because I am a bug in gods game of life.

Thanks op I guess all classes need to be represented with perfection in this game.
    Haha! I caught you trying to fool me into myself feel bad! Nice try my opinion still stands.
    Edit: wow... 8 pages in one day. Why haven't I thought of doing this earlier? Oh well. It's getting late. Keep supporting, people!
    Last edited by Flufflemonster; 2012-03-19 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by velspine View Post

I'm a quadruple amputee in real life and I'm typing with my face. Can I play a worgen with no arms or legs?

Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    actually i dont plan on making a female worgen at all, im just tired of seeing the derp face female worgen all the time.
    and i was just pointing out the fact that blizzard has just stuck heads on bodies, that doesnt mean i was trying to imply i wanted to have them like the troll gods. What strange deductions you are making.
    My deduction was: NPC animations are much less important than player animation. Slapping a different head on something and calling it a day may work for a boss that's on your screen for a minute...not so much for a character that you have control of for hours.

And before you brought up the trolls, the implication was that implementing the alpha models probably wouldn't be as easy as you seem to think.

They'd have to either make sure its entire skeleton and set of animations was consistent with any changes they've made to the live version since they were working on the alpha model, or replace the live version's head completely. Then they'd have to make sure that when you show your helmet it references the correct version, depending on which appearance you have selected. None of that can just be slapped together. Of course, I know the response will be "lolol the live version looks like it was done in an afternoon" or some similar drivel. So I've gotten that out of the way for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    My deduction was: NPC animations are much less important than player animation. Slapping a different head on something and calling it a day may work for a boss that's on your screen for a minute...not so much for a character that you have control of for hours.

And before you brought up the trolls, the implication was that implementing the alpha models probably wouldn't be as easy as you seem to think.

They'd have to either make sure its entire skeleton and set of animations was consistent with any changes they've made to the live version since they were working on the alpha model, or replace the live version's head completely. Then they'd have to make sure that when you show your helmet it references the correct version, depending on which appearance you have selected. None of that can just be slapped together. Of course, I know the response will be "lolol the live version looks like it was done in an afternoon" or some similar drivel. So I've gotten that out of the way for you.

ummmm LOL ok. yes, im sure its just TOO MUCH(beyond human comprehension actually) work for blizzard, it cant be done you might as well give up on it everyone. DERP FACE FOR LIFE!!!!!11!!!!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

The reality is that the few people that whine about it on here and on the official forums make up what percentage? Because honestly the majority of the people in the game don't care. I mean besides, people whine about what models look like when in the end gear covers 99% of a characters body. So why bother? lol

well thats essentially what they did to make the live the model.. chopped off the alphas head & stuck the other on it. except they did a piss poir job of going back and adjusting everything.
    so yeah, not so simple to go that route.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howling Wind View Post
    ummmm LOL ok. yes, im sure its just TOO MUCH(beyond human comprehension actually) work for blizzard, it cant be done you might as well give up on it everyone. DERP FACE FOR LIFE!!!!!11!!!!
    Like, OMG yeah, that will totally never happen.
    Pffft. Love your sarcasm (no really)
    Yeah, I lied. Iz on my fone. Stalkin y'allz.

@ StylNk: the face is the most important part of a model's body. The face is our main priority but the clippings could be fixed as well. We can't ignore the face. If the model had an S for a bellybutton, sure it's not attractive but it's always hidden so it's a why bother. With faces, people look at them a lot, especially at other's characters, and especially during RP.
    Last edited by Flufflemonster; 2012-03-20 at 12:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sTyLnK View Post
    The reality is that the few people that whine about it on here and on the official forums make up what percentage? Because honestly the majority of the people in the game don't care. I mean besides, people whine about what models look like when in the end gear covers 99% of a characters body. So why bother? lol
    unfortunately the skeleton bugs show up regardless of gear. and as far as why should they bother.. blizz has delivered a half baked product that even they have acknowleged most people dont like, even if most dont make threads about it.
    only a few people posted about getting transmog, but they were still heard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now I bid myself goodnight. Keep debating, everyone!

I really wish they'd return the alpha models. Those screenshots you posted, with the clipping issues and the teeth... sweet jesus. The female Worgen are a complete fiasco that can easily be reverted, I really, REALLY, hope they add the alpha faces as a customization option.

Oh, and Kailia would rage if they change them, that would be great too <3

Herald of the Titans Zenotetsuken's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neccowafer View Post
    I'm a quadruple amputee in real life and I'm typing with my face. Can I play a worgen with no arms or legs?
    Come on, this is wow... of course you can.
    Last edited by Zenotetsuken; 2012-03-19 at 05:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    LET'S GET THIS STARTED, HA! LET'S GET IT STARTED IN HERE!
    Ahem. Let's get this up and running again

Quote Originally Posted by Yakuchin View Post
    I really wish they'd return the alpha models. Those screenshots you posted, with the clipping issues and the teeth... sweet jesus. The female Worgen are a complete fiasco that can easily be reverted, I really, REALLY, hope they add the alpha faces as a customization option.

Oh, and Kailia would rage if they change them, that would be great too <3
    Kailia is completely adamant that the models won't be added. She doesn't know what Blizzard will do. If enough people speak up, maybe they will consider it. I mean, we're not getting the current model out, we're just fixing the clippings and maybe make the eyes face towards you. We're not trying to change her character, as that what she is afraid of. I can understand her though. If people love their worgen that much then good for them, they can love it as much as they want. What we wanted was a feral nightmarish beast that will rip you to threads... we were going to get it at first, and then didn't get it. We want it as an option, so people who want to feel good about their character, can, and not be disgusted. But, there are those people just keep telling us to move on, that updates to them will not happen and not worry about it. That attitude is why people are afraid to speak up their ideas because they know haters are going to bash them. That attitude won't solve our problems.

So, what in Elune's name is wrong with more customization? There should be advanced customization options for all races. It's been eight years, and we're not in the first decade of the millennium anymore. I say it's time for a change. I mean... look at the druid travel form.

TRAVL DURID 4 RUN. Yeah, blocky cheetah ass model with three toes >.>

Blizzard should listen to what its subscribers have to say, and maybe more subscribers would join. People have such good ideas but are bashed because of timing issues--it's all about money. If they put more time into making stuff more detailed and take the time to widen their limits, such as customization, I'm sure people would pay good money for recustomization, or if they're nice, free at that.
    Last edited by Flufflemonster; 2012-03-19 at 10:43 PM.

well with the new info from blizzcon about the pandaren, apparently they will have 2 different race models. one with a tail, one without. so we know its possible for blizz to do this with the worgen as well.

15+ Year Old Account
    I support this 110%.

Sig by Isilrien

10+ Year Old Account
    There were more skin options as well. The alpha female worgen had ten skins. The current one has seven, I believe. I hope those three skins that were thrown away with the alpha model, would be available to us soon.

I just want their hairstyles back. Why can't I just go to the barber shop and get them?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    I just want their hairstyles back. Why can't I just go to the barber shop and get them?
    They thought it was necessary to throw away the alpha with their hairstyles and gave us manes for hair.
    Although, I do think the alpha hairstyles were somewhat inappropriate for for the Gilneans. They looked like anime hair, but some of the ones that looked like manes were fine. Since Gilnean people are based off of people from the Medieval Victorian Era, they should have made more Victorian era hairstyles.

Ugh, they should also change the voices. I need to add those two suggestions in the OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crystal78 View Post
    Either Gallywix or someone Gallywix supports: He'll bribe or coerce all those in disagreement.
    Who's Gallywix? You? ^^