View Poll Results: Eventually, what would you like to see?

Voters
1252. This poll is closed
  • The alpha male and female worgen customizations brought back as options.

632 50.48%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more male customizations.

147 11.74%
  • Alpha male/female worgen customizations as options, but more female customization.

282 22.52%
  • More current female facial customization (not the same face (not pattern))

242 19.33%
  • More current male customization (fur colors, faces, hair, etc.)

175 13.98%
  • Idc, as long as the females don't derp around anymore.

498 39.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    So how come some vanilla models manage to look less shitty?
    Bugs aside, her face is absolute ass in the modeling department. I've shown this thing to professionals and they just shake their head, finding it unbelievable that Blizzard would not only release this model in its current state, but have the nerve to never bother fixing it. Models in EQII manage to look more fluid and believable than this garbage. Not to mention the first Guild Wars, which had better looking shit than this. This isn't even 2004 standards. It's not.

I'll be completely honest. I hate the face. It's ugly. It's stupid. It's downright insulting after seeing the original product and WHAT IT COULD HAVE BECOME. It's heart-wrenching to see her go from something that could have turned out great into the butt of many, many jokes. She's awful. I didn't even originally like the female worgen's body either, but I could look past it because I thought the original model looked good. And when they were going to redesign it, I was excited and then greatly disappointed by this heap of garbage that was likely modeled in less than half an hour. There was no thought or time put into this, and it's very, very obvious given the timeline.

Two weeks before this model was shown off in beta, they said we WOULDN'T WANT TO SEE HER in her current state. And you know what? I think they just made something as quick as possible and slapped it in the game, in that state. In fact, by the time she was shown off there was 1 week of beta left; hardly any time for the community to butt in and say "This is worse, please no" and for Blizzard to give us a real change.
    So fucking move on? I dislike the tauren model. Do i make a thread complaining about how fucking horrendous they look. How about the draenei male model? Or the human male model?

Holy fuck, when did spam making threads trying to change stuff that other people like, in a game, become a thing ?

One word

'Opinion'

Yours differs from others. It isn't a fact that the worgen female looks like shit. Its actually one of my favourite gender / race combos.

I know right, its scary to believe people disagree with you.

Quickly, someone post a picture of bugs from wowmodelviewer again, i'm sure no one notices the goblin, tauren, undead, blood elf, orc, troll, human, night elf, dwarf or draenei models. Shh, they don't exist! Its only the worgen female model

ignore logic and hail alpha worgen female model *hypnotoad eyes*
    Last edited by Sliske; 2014-05-12 at 06:39 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    welcome to close to 4 years ago.

Keywords: 'fairly', 'as far as 2011 goes'

Welcome to "those bugs still exist" so not four years ago.

The 2004 models are more advanced than this in technical terms.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I get that you'd like some graphical bugs fixed, so would I, but I think you're exaggerating a bit.

If you went through the current models frame by frame you could find plenty of weird artifacts and clipping issues as well. I don't often see them on my female Worgen.
    If that was true, I wouldn't have such a big problem with this. But believe me, I've looked through the current models and nothing near this extent exists. Sure, there's a bit of pinching at the shoulders on the "back unsheath" animation. But really that's it.

These bugs with the worgen female exist in *multiple frames*, at *multiple points* in *every animation*. Pause an animation anywhere and you'll see the model going haywire.

But please, do point me out a 2004 model whose chest caves into itself when doing an animation. Or one whose arm clips through its face. Or one whose arm bends backwards. Or one whose wrist twists around. Or one whose mouth texture stretches into nothing. These bugs *only* exist on the female worgen.

Female worgen stands on her own, a shining example of what happens when a model is shoved out before it's ready with no testing having been done on it. It's shoddy modelwork, and I know Blizzard is capable of better. I actually really love female worgen, and I could live with "the face just isn't for me" if they just fixed her damn bugs.

Not to mention 7 of the 8 bugs shown here are hidden by gear.
    That would be true if the gear in question was a separate geoset on top of the skeleton, but it's not. It's just a texture. These bugs are not hidden by gear, and even if they were, that does not excuse shoddy modelwork imho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quickly, someone post a picture of bugs from wowmodelviewer again, i'm sure no one notices the goblin, tauren, undead, blood elf, orc, troll, human, night elf, dwarf or draenei models. Shh, they don't exist! Its only the worgen female model
    Go for it. I'll be waiting.
    Last edited by snuzzle; 2014-05-12 at 09:09 PM.

Sig by Isilrien

So fucking move on? I dislike the tauren model. Do i make a thread complaining about how fucking horrendous they look. How about the draenei male model? Or the human male model?

Holy fuck, when did spam making threads trying to change stuff that other people like, in a game, become a thing ?

One word

'Opinion'

Yours differs from others. It isn't a fact that the worgen female looks like shit. Its actually one of my favourite gender / race combos.

I know right, its scary to believe people disagree with you.

ignore logic and hail alpha worgen female model *hypnotoad eyes*
    And you just ignored logic. Just because you have an opinion I disagree with, I can't have mine? Plus, ALL those models you just listed are getting updated to Pandaren quality, which means a lot of their clipping bugs due to technical limitations in 2004 will be resolved. Also, the fans requested the model update too because of threads like these, that complained about the current model's lacking appearance and animations. Hell, I don't care if you like the model in its current state. Certain people like certain things. Sure, duh. I know a few people have to like this model, otherwise no one would ever play a female worgen, but don't ignore that it's a fact that on a technical level, this model IS BROKEN SHIT that has never been once fixed.

And yes, people have made threads about how the female tauren looks and how much she's lacking. I liked her scary as fuck alpha model better too. (Where she was basically a skinner male tauren). And you know what, I love the current female tauren as well despite her errors. Even the derp eyes when she opens her map. Also, I can't wait for her update. And the human male model? He's a bigger joke than the female worgen. And you know what, he's getting an update too! Maybe they'll fix his apeness, finally.

People will always ask for change. Always.
    Last edited by Lycanroc; 2014-05-13 at 08:28 PM.

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

15+ Year Old Account
    Just when you thought female worgen couldn't get any creepier! DUN DUN DUNNNNN!

Sig by Isilrien

Nice to see this thread is still going, although I can see some are quite irked that it is.

I absolutely ADORED the alpha models. I was prepared to spend on all the expansions up to that point just to roll a male hunter. Then the models that I fell in love with were thrown out and replaced with ... hmm. :/

If Blizzard ever does bring back the Alphas as options (male and female) they got themselves another subscriber, right off the bat no questions asked.

- - - Updated - - -

I still don't really understand why they felt the models necessitated a change.
    "Not fierce enough" is something I hear quite often.

But part of WoW's art direction was always a kind of cartoony, almost child friendly look that endeared most gamers to them. Hell, when I was working at Office Depot I sold a pair of laptops to a couple who had been married for 35+ years who played WoW together because they though their characters looked so nice. How cool is that?

I think its awful they released her in the current state. She doesn't look scary, intimidating, or beautiful like an actual wolf - she looks ugly and "derpy" and not the cute kind of derp ala Derpy Hooves, but like...the kind of derp that makes you roll your eyes because you're in utter disbelief.

The alpha models are closer to what real wolves are. As I said, beautiful and intimidating. The eyes are beautiful, the snarl is actually scary and the hair edit? Perfect. I'd actually consider re-subbing if the model was changed to alpha or at least added in customization options. Maybe "Tame" wolf skins for alpha skins and "Wild/Feral" wolf skins for beta?

Blizzard knows people like the alpha model, which means, they won't implement.

How about just updating the goblin and worgen models a bit aswell.
    Even pandas could use a touchup.

Quote Originally Posted by snuzzle View Post
    If that was true, I wouldn't have such a big problem with this. But believe me, I've looked through the current models and nothing near this extent exists. Sure, there's a bit of pinching at the shoulders on the "back unsheath" animation. But really that's it.

These bugs with the worgen female exist in *multiple frames*, at *multiple points* in *every animation*. Pause an animation anywhere and you'll see the model going haywire.

But please, do point me out a 2004 model whose chest caves into itself when doing an animation. Or one whose arm clips through its face. Or one whose arm bends backwards. Or one whose wrist twists around. Or one whose mouth texture stretches into nothing. These bugs *only* exist on the female worgen.
    Given that WoWhead's model viewer has the female Worgen model right ringers stretch in a cone to infinity, when no other model I've looked at on the model viewer has the same problem, yeah. There is most definitely a technical issue (or several) with the model, if an external program specifically designed to do so has trouble parsing it.

Yeah, fixing model errors would be the highest priority--but something needs to be done about the rest too.

Stood in the Fire Flufflemonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The OP has returned to give everyone the winner of the Best WOW Model of 2k14.

EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flufflemonster View Post
    The OP has returned to give everyone the winner of the Best WOW Model of 2k14.

this monstrosity needs to be purged...

Stood in the Fire Flufflemonster's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    this monstrosity needs to be purged...
    Grab the pitchforks and the torches, everyone. It's time for a purge party.
    EVERYDAY I'M FLUFFLIN!
    ANEE QUESHTUNZ?

Bravo on reviving this thread. This is entirely correct, and the fem worgen model needs to be put down (literally). I hope blizz takes notice, because the in-game model for worgen women is absolute trash.

I support this cause!

Even though I'm so happy with the new draenei and soon to be blood elves.
    Alpha worgen were my favourite models of all time.

Please fix the worgen so I at least can stand to have 1 female worgen character

The body for the most part is fine. My rogue is a female worgen just because tall stealthy werewolf right? shod be cool. But the head is so unbelievably bad. Why do her eyes look like shes experiencing kidney failure while choking? why bat ears? why a gurn snarl that keeps the front of the mouth closed and the sides open at all times? why a chihuahua head?!?
    Granted mines just my engineer alt, but still i cant imagine what prompted such a random last minute change that is objectively inferior. Its meant to be the wow version of a werewolf, thats not a wolf. its a bat with a rats nose.

As I recall, the changes to the worgen female were relatively last minute and were never well received. Unfortunately, it was too close to release for them to change and here we are almost 4 years later with the same model complaints.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but if they're sincere about taking a pass at the worgens then I hope they build off the alpha faces for females and not the current ones.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    As I recall, the changes to the worgen female were relatively last minute and were never well received. Unfortunately, it was too close to release for them to change and here we are almost 4 years later with the same model complaints.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, but if they're sincere about taking a pass at the worgens then I hope they build off the alpha faces for females and not the current ones.
    Kiiiind of. We had post upon post detailing what to do to fix her leaked models, but since those were leaked models and not official, a lot of people were saying (reasonably so) that they would wait for the official model. Then the official model was basically plopped into beta about a month before the beta closed and Cata launched, and they didn't even bother fixing anything. Even the atrocious chopper bug where her arms bent upside down went Live (though that one was, at least, thankfully fixed).

But they could have at least communicated. Instead, they ignored every single feedback thread and only ever mentioned anything about female worgen when the same concerns were brought up with female pandaren, saying they didn't want "another female worgen" and basically ensuring they had one (albeit one whose one face is a lot more pleasant than the femworg's one face, and one whose bugs are a lot more minor).

All I really want to see fixed is the rampant bugs and clipping. It'll be nice that my worgeness will finally be able to do something other than sneer, when they get real expressions, but the style of the face probably won't be changing too drastically.

Then again, looking at what they did to female tauren, I wouldn't be surprised if they came out looking like hyenas or something; since making animal faces is hard I guess.

Sig by Isilrien

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    i know this is an old post but i just discovered it and i would also like to say that I do hope that they dont "slightly" touch the worgen. i hope they just make a better version of the alpha version of the female model. it makes me cringe everytime i play my worgen, thank goodness i made it into a druid. I hate the perma snarling and bulging human -makeup eyes, although it would have been ok to make that as an option for those who are already attached to the face. I hope the people who work on the model department have been paying very close attention to this issue. If they can make the female tauren look pretty they sure as hell can make the worgen look amazing. Just use the alpha as reference for the remodel and we should be ok..

15+ Year Old Account
    what matters is that WoD gave Blizzard a reason to look back at the old models and update them so that they can appease customers and bring more $$$ for years to come.

and now's a great opportunity to look at Worgen/Goblins, especially female worgens because they're such an eyesore. they should look feral, not like a chihuahua that has OD'd on makeup.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    what matters is that WoD gave Blizzard a reason to look back at the old models and update them so that they can appease customers and bring more $$$ for years to come.

and now's a great opportunity to look at Worgen/Goblins, especially female worgens because they're such an eyesore. they should look feral, not like a chihuahua that has OD'd on makeup.
    I agree, but unfortunately, the model has been around for so long that there are definitely people who like her face the way it is and won't want it changed.

That said, with the individual facial rigging Blizz can do now, there is no reason we can't have both: some of the old eyesore chihuahua faces, and some more feral faces. She's got what... TWENTY faces to choose from? They can make at least one or two look more feral.

Sig by Isilrien