Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well some of those CC/cooldown/special abilities look pretty OP. It will be interesting to see these in person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tanking skills are HORRIBLY unbalanced compared to current tank models, that being said I look forward to seeing other tanks updated so monks wont be the best choice for everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slappinfaces View Post
    So i read most of the post...and i dont think I saw it touched upon at all.....

Do monks have an autoattack. I know they had mentioned they might not previously. Any answers?
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    I've been looking for this across multiple sites and it looks like no one asked/they didn't say. Last time I heard no auto attack was still what they were going with but who knows.
    •Quaking Palm
    •Melee Range, Instant, 2 min cooldown
    •Strikes the target with lightning speed, incapacitating them for 4 seconds, and turns off your attack.

I would assume that they do have an autoattack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on how the class' mitigation ends up working, it sounds like it'll be a pretty powerful healer in PvP. But just overall, a pretty powerful class, much like death knights. It seems monks have a tool for everything, especially vs melee. I was on the fence about whether or not to roll it, but from the early going, I just might. Now all I have to do is build up a bank of profession mats for it.

Full time 50% dodge baseline for tank monks? That has to be a mistake.

Quaking Palm
    Melee Range, Instant, 2 min cooldown
    Strikes the target with lightning speed, incapacitating them for 4 seconds, and turns off your attack.

so i guess they have an auto attack?

Edit,*Tekloth said it before i did :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to be Boub's bitch for a day after all that he has done for us.

OT: The tanking for the monk made me laugh the stagger affect, sounds like a very quick hangover.
    Hey everyone

cannot wait to roll a brewmaster monk!

Yes, as far as things go right now in-game, Monks do have an auto-attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Duronos View Post
    I want to be Boub's bitch for a day after all that he has done for us.
    No, you really, really don't.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions

Just looking at the healer, it looks strange and exciting. Will be playing one for sure

didn't expected that monks were gonna be also a tank spec.

what's the maximum chi power? didn't found tat
    You will not be forgotten, Eleanor / Steam ID / DeviantArt page / YouTube / Twitter

Deleted
    Touch of death + Brewmaster = Goodbye most things perhaps including old raid-bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    didn't expected that monks were gonna be also a tank spec.

Max chi is 4. It's in one of the interviews. Touch of Death is the only one that requires 4, though, so it seems like the 4th is mostly a buffer, and you're expected to be using chi abilities as you build up energy, or save up for a combo.

Touch of death + Brewmaster = Goodbye most things perhaps including old raid-bosses.
    Doubt that. It requires the mob have less health than you, and it requires 4 chi, which would take a while to build up. It seems to me that's mostly an execute-type ability, since by the time you're able to use it, the mob would likely have much less health than you anyway. Still a fun concept, though.
    Last edited by Shamanberry; 2012-03-19 at 08:07 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Very interesting. Glad they added auto-attack.

I assume that Touch of Death will probably have a lot more limitations than indicated here. Costing four chi, it's probably meant for spending leftover chi for quick fights where you're killing enemies before you can spend the chi.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe I missed it, but what weapons are you supposed to use for each spec?
    Did they say if the dps spec could dual wield?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanberry View Post
    Doubt that. It requires the mob have less health than you, and it requires 4 chi, which would take a while to build up. It seems to me that's mostly an execute-type ability, since by the time you're able to use it, the mob would likely have much less health than you anyway. Still a fun concept, though.
    I was thinking more like: At the moment tanks have about 250k health so 500k is going to happen during MoP easily.
    Bosses like prophet skeram have below 500k health. So with a combination of Jiny'u Cider (the level 30 talent) and touch of death you could basically walk through most lvl 60 raids for transmogrify gear.

Another thing that comes to mind is that monks can double their healthpool at the cost of healing immmunity. so bosses up to 1 mil health can get oneshotted. Which I approve of since im rerolling a monk =P.
    Last edited by mmoc0ad8be16d8; 2012-03-19 at 08:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    yeah that healer spec is really odd, doesn't even seem like chloromancer from Rift like I was expecting. We'll see tho!
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Quote Originally Posted by NightFury Treann View Post
    Maximum amount is 5 if you take the talent that increases it by 1 (and assuming that stays in the game). Normal amount of Chi is 4.

When victory seems worth any sacrifice,
    there is a price to be paid for such a gift

Forum Guidelines | Signature Restrictions