Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    Yeah Resto still doesn't really get anything, but Elemental has always gotten benefit from using FE. This just means that Enhancement can actually use it without gimping their damage via Searing-Totem-only-way-to-stack-Searing-Flames.
    It seems that Fire ele will stack SF too

Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    So Ele and Resto shamans dont gain much benefit from the pet?
    Guess not, but the other two level 90 talents seem viable for Resto. At least, it seems that way..

Quote Originally Posted by manu9 View Post
    It seems that Fire ele will stack SF too
    Right.

I was merely pointing out that FE was always good for Elemental, and now it's good for Enhancement, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northy View Post
    So Ele and Resto shamans dont gain much benefit from the pet?
    Ele will obviously gain benefit from the fire ele.

Resto will most likely get benefits from the earth ele. They are getting new abilities with the talent, so I expect the earth ele to either copy heals, cast its own smart heals/chain heals, or shield targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post

Resto will most likely get benefits from the earth ele. They are getting new abilities with the talent, so I expect the earth ele to either copy heals, cast its own smart heals/chain heals, or shield targets.
    I don't think it'll heal.

At best it might give a shield or some minor damage reduction.

That's all assuming they revamp it some. I'm hoping, but /shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by Protoman View Post

Shielding targets seems more rational, anyhow, I do hope this is true, I wouldn't think blizz would make a 90 talent useless for one of the specs, the question is, how will they go about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, maybe just redirect damage to itself, or throw out shields.

I was looking at Elemental Blast, and realized it has a 2 sec cast time. I wonder if Maelstrom Weapon will be updated to allow this to be instant? Otherwise, its gonna be annoying to use this ability, which I'm guessing will be powerful and at 12 sec cd and a nice 5% mastery buff, something you want to cast often.

Even with the Mastery/Haste/Crit buff... that shit better allow healing for Resto.

If it doesn't, and they don't make EE some more guardian-like (shields/whatever)... Resto has to take the UE one. And that would just be lame.
    Don't get me wrong. I have faith and all -- especially since Blizzard, more often than not, gives us what we want. But the wording on the Elemental Totem Talent + Elemental Blast cause me to be slightly hesitant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based purely on those tooltips, the pet talent is by far the strongest talent in the final tier. I'm pretty shocked that Blizzard would give a spell with a 12 second cooldown a 2 second class time. That's just plain weird.

Also wow at Fire Eles being able to stack searing flames. That completely changes Enhancement's playstyle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even with the Mastery/Haste/Crit buff... that shit better allow healing for Resto.

If it doesn't, and they don't make EE some more guardian-like (shields/whatever)... Resto has to take the UE one. And that would just be lame.
    Don't get me wrong. I have faith and all -- especially since Blizzard, more often than not, gives us what we want. But the wording on the Elemental Totem Talent + Elemental Blast cause me to be slightly hesitant.
    Yea, back when we all thought it was a cone spell I was thinking it would be either damage or healing. Now it seems like its just damage. I'm sure the earth ele will be useful for resto though, so they got 2/3 of the talents being useful for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Based purely on those tooltips, the pet talent is by far the strongest talent in the final tier.
    Potentially.

Though I can't deny the possible power of the UE talent for Elemental. ~67% uptime on increased (25%) damage on your 2 nukes? Yes please. Would be even better if UE also kept its initial effect.

UE on a 15 second CD.
    Glyphed FS would be a 30 second duration.

So UE (slight damage on target + 30% damage on next fire spell + the level 90 buff) then Flame Shock (30% buff on FS -- highest DPET spell) then go about your normal priority.

All that would have to be mathed out and all that jazz, but it definitely has potential.

Potentially.

Though I can't deny the possible power of the UE talent for Elemental. ~67% uptime on increased (25%) damage on your 2 nukes? Yes please. Would be even better if UE also kept its initial effect.

UE on a 15 second CD.
    Glyphed FS would be a 30 second duration.

So UE (slight damage on target + 30% damage on next fire spell + the level 90 buff) then Flame Shock (30% buff on FS -- highest DPET spell) then go about your normal priority.

All that would have to be mathed out and all that jazz, but it definitely has potential.
    Yea, I'm thinking the UE talent will definitely be better for Elemental.

10+ Year Old Account
    Figured I'd post this here, just to explain how the pet bar situation works for Enhance and pet elementals, Feral spirits no longer have a pet bar....

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4246995215
    1 - Here's a bunch of updated talents and skills. I'll make a few points about the important ones, but here's a screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/JK3tH.jpg

Feral Spirit no longer has a pet bar. The reason for this is because they've lost their active abilities, and Fire and Earth Elementals can now be made permanent pets through talents. They seem to prefer to attack your Stormstrike target, but I'm not sure about that yet. They have LOST their Bash and Spirit Walk abilities. Before you start complaining about being nerfed, though, Capacitor Totem is a new Shaman ability that gives an AoE stun on a 45 second cooldown with a 5 second (3 second glyphed) charge up time. That should make up for the loss of Bash. Spirit Walk is now an Enhancement-only ability you can use any time instead of just when your wolves are out. Otherwise, it works the same, and has a 2 minute cooldown. These are BUFFS. Don't cry "why u nerfin us blizz????!??"

Searing Flames is now applied by Fire Elemental, turning Fire Elemental into a DPS cooldown for Enhancement.

Dual Wield Specialization lost its hit bonus, and we lost the expertise from Unleashed Rage. That's fine, though, because we no longer need to have 17% spell hit, and instead our spell hit is capped when our melee specials are.

The bottom 3 are our level 90 talents.

2 - Glyphs

http://i.imgur.com/R8B8k.jpg

Prime glyphs, as many are aware, are gone. You now have 6 glyph slots - 3 minor, 3 major. All glyphs that affect throughput have an advantage and a drawback - there are no clear throughput increases. Glyphs change your abilities now, they don't buff them anymore except for the occasional utility ability (like Purge or Feral Spirit).

I have to say I've played dual mains since Vanilla, Hunter and Shaman. Most of the time the reason I fall back to my shaman so much (and he has more done ach. wise now) is b/c I hate the pet UI in WoW. I've always asked for a "ranger" option to be without pets on my hunter and Elemental has always been a good alternative to being a hunter, you have dmg from range and rely on kiting. Seeing a pet added to shamans just makes me shudder. I guess I'll have to play a fire or arcane mage if I want to be truly range.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully this makes it into "final version" when MOP comes out later this year. It's nice too see it fixed ; really*disappointing*when a spell bugs out or does something different to that which you intended.

Quote Originally Posted by sliplocke View Post
    I have to say I've played dual mains since Vanilla, Hunter and Shaman. Most of the time the reason I fall back to my shaman so much (and he has more done ach. wise now) is b/c I hate the pet UI in WoW. I've always asked for a "ranger" option to be without pets on my hunter and Elemental has always been a good alternative to being a hunter, you have dmg from range and rely on kiting. Seeing a pet added to shamans just makes me shudder. I guess I'll have to play a fire or arcane mage if I want to be truly range.
    If you don't want it, don't take it. There are definitely two other options and both of them are good (for Elemental, UE is notably powerful)

holy crap, some of those spells look ridiculously nice, I wonder how powerful nontalented elementals are going to be and WTF is this UE business, that sounds pretty damn powerful, I mean

1. cast UE
    2. pop EM/BL, Ascendance and whatever trinket you have
    3. spam LvB
    4. ???
    5. profit

the third spell doesnt sound like cone and doesnt sound all that exciting or powerful compared to the other two and not a hint of healing viability so far, so I wonder if they nerf the two other talent or buff this one.

But Im amused with the GoUL (but not surprised, considering what warlocks have to sacrifice to get casting while moving), its gonna be alot harder to decide if we want it or not on not that heavy movement fights, especially when we might have UE as a part of a rotation and not just a filler ability we use only on the move.

I'm thoroughly unimpressed, especially if I want to play Restoration. The Unleash for Restoration is incredibly "meh" and I'm not sure I'd want to be worrying about a controllable pet while I'm healing. That leaves Elemental Blast.

Elemental Blast seems awkward for Enhancement because of the cast time, even if it's reduced by Maelstrom. The Windfury Unleash is cool, but I have a feeling Enhancement is going to be taking Primal Elementalist.. which is the talent I like least, first because the control should be baseline and second because I don't want a controllable pet as Enhancement.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    As cool as the pet sounds we'll still have to see the actual numbers before we know if it's good or not. The unleash elements talent is very, very good for both PvE and PvP.
    Narfwak - Elemental Shaman
    <FH>
    Black Dragonflight-US

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rfwak/advanced

I'm waiting for a Shaman playing the beta to hit 90 - pick the pet talent - post what the new abilities are.

oh lawd I hope the Earth elemental gets Lesser Earth shields to absorb damage.