Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

[Feral PvP] Bleed Dispels

So monks can dispel bleeds, on an 8 second cooldown.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Detox
    520 Mana, 40 yard range, Instant Cast, 8 sec cooldown
    Eliminates ailments from the friendly target, removing all harmful Poison and Bleed effects.
    Seeing as it'll take about 8 seconds to get rip up after it's been dispelled...

EDIT: This is a baseline ability, all 3 specs will get this.

Maybe you'll get some sort of dispel resist/buff if dispelled etc., like combo points back or next FB deals more damage and applies Rip. Who knows.

I'm sure people will QQ enough that it will get changed.

Deleted
    guess the solution would be to make em us their dispell before you apply rip, root, ff, hibernate and rake might help, dunno.

Deleted
    Kinda scaring ability. Looks like damage over time will be nerfed. Just wondering what they will give to ferals in return because without bleeds ferals won't exist.

so put bleeds up. they can either dispel or wait. if they wait just keep DPSing, if they dispel pop CDs and go to town.

the CD on dispel effects are designed to bring hard choices to PvP.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by herpecin View Post
    so put bleeds up. they can either dispel or wait. if they wait just keep DPSing, if they dispel pop CDs and go to town.

the CD on dispel effects are designed to bring hard choices to PvP.
    Why would they wait? You put rip up, they dispel, you pop CDs, in 5 seconds you get bleeds back up, they dispel again after you've had 3 seconds of bleed ticks. I.e. 2 rake ticks and 1 rip tick.

And remember, this isn't just the healer that can dispel, if they have a DPS monk he can dispel just as easily.

Deleted
    Unless it has been changed, and given that i remember correctly, the monk DPS and tank will use energy as their resource, not mana. The tooltip linked at the top clearly states that mana is required to use this ability, indicating that if im right this is in fact a healer ability only. But if you say it's for all 3 specs im most likely wrong.

But with an ability like this im sure we'll get some sort of UA / VT dispell protection feature. Regardless of wether all 3 specs can use it or just the healer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Topped View Post
    Unless it has been changed, and given that i remember correctly, the monk DPS and tank will use energy as their resource, not mana. The tooltip linked at the top clearly states that mana is required to use this ability, indicating that if im right this is in fact a healer ability only. But if you say it's for all 3 specs im most likely wrong.

But with an ability like this im sure we'll get some sort of UA / VT dispell protection feature. Regardless of wether all 3 specs can use it or just the healer.
    I believe all monk specs can switch to the healer stance, which gives you mana. So it'll take 2 globals for a dps monk to dispell, which is just like a feral dispelling hex atm, so a non-issue I guess.

The thing about UA/VT, is they are sub 1.5 second casts with no CD. If someone dispels Rip, it's gotta be a really hefty benefit to make up for the lost damage.

It's about time, I'd rather the ability to dispel diseases but the few ferals that know what they're doing won't be as much of a problem now.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    It's about time, I'd rather the ability to dispel diseases but the few ferals that know what they're doing won't be as much of a problem now.
    Presumably the ferals that know what they're doing won't be putting bleeds up just so you can dispel them.

Oh look, im an affliction warlock. I'm fighting a team with healers that can dispell.
    See what I did there? no? Learn to play and outplay.

Quote Originally Posted by DPA View Post
    Oh look, im an affliction warlock. I'm fighting a team with healers that can dispell.
    See what I did there? no? Learn to play and outplay.
    Oh look, im an clueless player and don't know what I'm typing because in reality I won't even break the 1800 mark.
    See what I did there? Someone who plays warlock shouldn't even questioning anything in any season.

I'm pretty sure that there will be a punishment for dispelling RIP in the addon just like Sin and Punishment or the UA silence so I don't really worry about anything.
    Last edited by nijuu; 2012-03-19 at 12:10 PM.

You didn't get the point, and now we all know you're above 1800 and below 2k. Thanks for the info man!

In other hands, the point is exactly what you said, there will be punishment for dispelling bleeds. Or they will turn ferals away from bleeds.
    Problemo?

EDIT: use a 1point rip as fake cast, get it dispelled while you build up that 5pointer.
    Last edited by DPA; 2012-03-19 at 12:16 PM.

Deleted
    You didn't get the point, and now we all know you're above 1800 and below 2k. Thanks for the info man!

In other hands, the point is exactly what you said, there will be punishment for dispelling bleeds. Or they will turn ferals away from bleeds.
    Problemo?

EDIT: use a 1point rip as fake cast, get it dispelled while you build up that 5pointer.

The way energy works and combo points work means it's much more punishing to have Rip dispelled than UA.

So I put up rip with 1 cp, he dispels it. I now have 8 seconds to get 5 combo points and put up rip. Say it takes 6 seconds (that's 6 globals, even tho you won't have the energy to do that), I then get 1 tick of rip before he can dispel it again.

I'm not saying it's game breaking, this is a "discuss" thread. If UA is a 1.1 second cast with (effectively) no resource cost, and it gets a 40k damage dispel and a 4 second dispel, what's a fair trade for rip?

Honestly? ask Blizzard as nobody else will be able to answer that question. I'm sure they've thought of it.

EDIT: Or maybe something as simple as making Rake dispelled before Rip. That would kinda solve the problem down to a 1gcd re-apply.
    Last edited by DPA; 2012-03-19 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    Honestly? ask Blizzard as nobody else will be able to answer that question. I'm sure they've thought of it.

EDIT: Or maybe something as simple as making Rake dispelled before Rip. That would kinda solve the problem down to a 1gcd re-apply.
    If rake sacrificed itself to save rip being dispelled, that'd be a good balance imo.

Eliminates ailments from the friendly target, removing all harmful Poison and Bleed effects.
    With the current wording, it will remove all debuffs in one. That means Rake and Rip, and whatever else.

Remember when dks came out? They had one of their debuffs that removed hots. After awhile, blizz removed that part of the ability because it literially made resto druids nothing verus a dk. Pretty sure blizzard will balance these things out in beta or first wk of mop.

All this is going to lead to is all other healers complaining until they also get the ability to remove bleeds... just like dispel magic.

If a bleed is dispelled, 50% of the damage should be done over 3 seconds, or the cooldown of the ability is extended by x seconds per debuff removed.

Quote Originally Posted by nijuu View Post
    Oh look, im an clueless player and don't know what I'm typing because in reality I won't even break the 1800 mark.
    See what I did there? Someone who plays warlock shouldn't even questioning anything in any season.
    Because ferals are underpowered at the moment...

As for the ability, it's interesting addition. Finally some dispel power against physical dps dots. And while it may be of concern to ferals, it certainly won't remain in this state. For an ability that removes ALL dots of a particular type (2 types in this case), the cd should be higher. Take a look at Brewmaster spec for example. They have an ability that grants them +50% dodge for 45 seconds. On 45 sec cooldown. Looks legit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.