View Poll Results: How popular will Guild Wars 2 be?

Voters
131. This poll is closed
  • I'm gearing up to preorder

98 74.81%
  • Im ready for release day

22 16.79%
  • Ive moderately interested

8 6.11%
  • No want for this at all.

3 2.29%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Can we please leave all those GW2 comparisons with SWTOR? swtor is just another wow clone so ofcourse noone even noticed it has been released.
    Last edited by Ethas; 2012-03-19 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethas View Post
    Can we please leave all those GW2 comparisons with SWTOR? swtor is just another wow clone so ofcourse noone even noticed it has been released.
    Thats just bullshit.Rift is suppose to be wow clone and i cant even play wow these days for 5 min cause i die from boredom while i still play 11 hours each day rift.

Herald of the Titans Snow White's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    Thats just bullshit.Rift is suppose to be wow clone and i cant even play wow these days for 5 min cause i die from boredom while i still play 11 hours each day rift.
    Rift is a wow clone with a gimmick. (Rifts)
    SWTOR is a wow clone with a gimmick. (cutscenes)

Not saying they aren't good games.

10+ Year Old Account
    From the front page:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chilton interview
    Scaling down your level/power to play with friends who aren't level at the level cap is a feature they still want to include. It might be there for the launch of MoP.
    It reminds me of a truck...

10+ Year Old Account
    lol Mif... how do you find these things? And that's just great!!

PS: please tell me the bookah that ate your cookie is either your mind slave or dead!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    There're a bunch of reasons for why I wouldn't want GW2 to kill WoW - high up on the list is because I don't want the WoW community to all migrate over to GW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    PS: please tell me the bookah that ate your cookie is either your mind slave or dead!
    He was disposed of in a manner even a Bond villain would consider a bit over the top >:D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    He was disposed of in a manner even a Bond villain would consider a bit over the top >:D
    *puts his fingers together and grins wickedly* Excellent.... that'll show them....
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creepjack View Post
    Just barely.. considering they didn't even to bother add high res textures >_>.

GW2 will not kill WoW. Only Blizz can do that, but still Anet is going to take quite a chunk from WoW's playerbase. Not to mention the crowds disappointed from Diablo 3...
    patch 1.2 will add improved textures for gear:P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightruler View Post
    patch 1.2 will add improved textures for gear:P
    I heard it also gives players eternal life
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post
    So the question is simple, how many people on this gaming forum (great place to judge...) are going to get involved? Will this truely be a (dare i say it?) "WoW killer"?
    Nothing will ever kill off WOW or even come close to it again. The game is a cultural icon moreso than a game at this point. Blizz could lose like half their sub base and still dwarf most other MMOs.

I am eager to play GW2. Though it's not really any higher on my list than TSW, Firefall, Archeage, Wildstar, et cetera. I don't believe in the 1 MMO for all time stupidity.

Deleted
    I think its ok popular.

*snip*

Keep the "WoW killer" nonsense out of these forums please. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2012-03-19 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Czar View Post
    Odd question to ask really, and I had a quick search, there wasnt anyhting that came up asking it.

Given all the inforation thats cone out over the last few months, ive gotten rediculously hooked to the idea of GW2 and,lthough never playing the orginal or beta for this one, am determined to sign up for the preorder, and whap out the money to buy myself a new pc.

(B)Should I really be this excited? hmmm

(C)But my biggest gripe is the same one I had with SWTOR. SWTOR was a good game dont get me wrong, and too many people judged it on its first (unpolished and buggy) months, but then they all left. It was the leaving that killed that game, and my worry is that it'll be the no show that will kill this.

(D)So the question is simple, how many people on this gaming forum (great place to judge...) are going to get involved?
    (E)Will this truely be a (dare i say it?) "WoW killer"?
    A)Your poll lacks the option of pre purchase, pre order is not the same thing.

B) No you should not, having to high expetactions can ruin your view of the game when it comes out, when you get over excited about a game and then when it comes out, it can be the greatest game you have ever played but if you expected more then it just feels like a let down and you don't enjoy it as much as if you where to just pick it up off a shelf with no prior expectations and play it.

C) I wouldn't be to worried about that, and honestly as far as ToR goes, I enjoyed it but to me it was KotoR 3, it was play it through getting the story arch and call it good, I may resub several months down when they add more story but I was satisfied with playing through a few different class stories and calling it good, I felt I got my moneys worth but I felt no need to treat it like an MMO, it to me was KotoR 3 in a MMO universe that felt like an afterthought.

D) Going to a forum where people are actively looking for information and asking that seems like going into a McDonalds and taking a poll of who has had a burger anytime in their life, sure there will be those who have never had a burger there but point is its a very stacked deck.

E) I am sorry I can not take any of your post seriously now that you have asked this. Asking if any game will "kill" another game is like asking if opening a computer shop right next door to a gas station will kill the gas stations business, the only thing that can kill WoW is WoW itself, it may eventualy be forced into a F2P/P2P hybrid model if enough MMO competition comes out with similar models and may eventually be forced to be "B2P" where you buy only the expansions you want and make them have to release content people want to buy rather then just rehashes of rehashes if the consumers realize that the reason for monthly subs has been long past for some time now and they only keep that model because they know people are willing to pay it.

Closing this. A bit too much game vs. game discussion. That and the whole "WoW killer" thing. FYI that kind of stuff isn't cool in the forums. That term ALWAYS causes issues between fans of either game (it's always brought up in comparison) and causes threads to go bad places.