Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GHP View Post
    I think it's just going to be like the Battle for Undercity mixed with the Echo Islands and Gnomeregan events, Also who ever says this Is horde favorism I'm pretty sure getting our city attacked and damaged is hardly favorism in my books but that's just my opinion

Damaged as opposed to Theramore being DESTROYED?

Anywho I wonder if this means they're putting Thrall back as Warchief or maybe Horde'll get Vol'Jin as an interim.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as we bring that city into the ground, it's fine.

Lore Updates

Monks initially were those who brought hope to the oppressed Pandaren under Mogu rule through song and stories. Weapons were forbidden among slaves, so the Monks taught their fellow Pandaren how to fight by harnessing positive energy, or Chi. When the opportunity for revolution struck, they were well-trained to take control.

Pandaren get a cutscene with the Alliance and the Horde, showing the current situation and the personality of their faction leader.

Horde: Garrosh is beserk that he's missing a fleet of ships, after using the floor in front of his throne to show animated versions of navel battles he's instigated and won against the Alliance. There were major victories off the coast of Tanaris and Tol Barad, with a supply root to Booty Bay established. He ends up strangling a goblin who brings him news of Alliance counter-attacks and reveals that a ship has been lost. He ignores advice to focus on the future instead of the past, and demands payment of debts from realms in his power. This clearly sets the stage for how Garrosh will spiral out of control later.

Alliance: The Alliance scene is more subdued, taking place in Varian's war room. The generals calmly analyze the situation and decide to try to rescue their survivors and cargo. The cutscene ends with an epic shot of your character flying over the sea on an Alliance airplane.

taken from wowhead presstour

Deleted
    I think it'd be nice if they added Saurfang as the penultimate boss, who dies defending Garrosh and doing his duty, living by the oath he like the rest of the Horde pledged to the Warchief. I think that would make the whole event a lot more morally grey and a bit more emotive. Horde players should feel bad for spilling the blood of their leader, no matter how douchey he can be.

(I just hope to the gods that they leave Sylvanas out of it, preferably keeping her on the other continent, across the world, for the whole affair so no one can accuse her of being scheming or a backstabber (in this affair), more than could be said for Horde players...)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    After the huge success of the double Death Wing fight in DS, Blizzard is going forward with the encounter layout. The last raid of MoP will feature an eight boss (8 "stages") encounter, with the Heroes of Azeroth attempting to take down the mighty Garrosh eight times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I think it'd be nice if they added Saurfang as the penultimate boss, who dies defending Garrosh and doing his duty, living by the oath he like the rest of the Horde pledged to the Warchief. I think that would make the whole event a lot more morally grey and a bit more emotive. Horde players should feel bad for spilling the blood of their leader, no matter how douchey he can be.

(I just hope to the gods that they leave Sylvanas out of it, preferably keeping her on the other continent, across the world, for the whole affair so no one can accuse her of being scheming or a backstabber (in this affair), more than could be said for Horde players...)
    I think Saurfang would be the first in line to kill Garrosh.

Deleted
    I would guess Sha-posesses Garrosh as final boss. Hopefully irredeemably posessed.
    There may be a part where Gamon assists in mounting an assault on the main stronghold. (Gamon will save you all!)
    I am hoping Sylvanas will be a part of this, showing her true colours when the warchief gets possessed. In fact, where Garrosh would be possessed by rage-Sha, Sylvanas may be taken by fear-Sha. If she's there, her mechanic will definitely involve burning through her remaining Valkyries first or risk full-health ressurrections.

And lets see some forces pour out fo the instance down there in Orgrimmar. It's chock full of warlocks and stuff, lets see them take advantage of the situation and we need to clear out the Drag of them first too.

I have no idea where people want to put Bob from Silvermoon though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I like this. Though, I'm more inclined to think Saurfang will unambiguously side with Thrall -- he promised from day one that he'd put an end to Garrosh if things went too far.

Well. Things are going too far.

Also, I don't think the "Sha" will have anything to do with it. That's just a massive cop out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The big bad of MoP that is defeated before MoP is released. Sense make none.
    On the MMO Front page it's Saying Last Patch of MoP not the event that introduce us in MoP.

Just going to toss this out now .. Lady Sylvanas for Warchief 2012!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The big bad of MoP that is defeated before MoP is released. Sense make none.
    Makes perfect sense to the people who read the information. I shall copy/pate for you.

"The final patch of Mists of Pandaria will be the Siege of Orgrimmar! Both factions lay siege to the city to bring Garrosh down and end his reign of Warchief."

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Who? /smirk
    Haha, indeed

But I don't wanna kill him. It would make him important in some way.

Id like it to look this way:

Raid kills 9th boss, and heads into Garrosh's chambers. Suddenly, Lor'Themar block their path.

Lor'Themar says: Stop, heroes. This last fight... is mine.

Lor'Themar says: Your people welcame mine into the Horde. You helped us in toughest times. Thanks to you, we have our kingdom back.

Lor'Themar says: Now, it is my turn. I will help the Horde. I challange you, Garrosh! Come out and fight me!

Garrosh comes out

Garrosh says: Sorry, but who the fuck are you?

Lor'Themar says: ...

Lor'Themar says: No way. Okay, it's over. See ya.

Lor'Themar walks away, never to be seen again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thrall, Aggra and their kid are in Theramore to have talks with Jaina and Varian when Garrosh goes batshit and nukes it. Jaina, Aggra and the brat are mortally wounded sending Thrall and Varian into super saiyan mode on Garrosh who legs it back to Orgrimmar.

When we get there and finally kick his arse, a portal opens up behind him and a pit lord comes through and incapacitates everyone before ushering Garrosh through. Yes he pulled a Keal'thas on us...

Next expansion we get to deal with the Burning Legion on their homeworld and their new puppet

Can i haz cookiez nao ?

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    who said this was gonna be a raid?? it´s gonna be a world event don´t get ahed of yourself...
    Already promising information based on two lines of text? It wont be a World Event, don't get ahead of yourself...

Deleted
    I think I am going to call the events that lead up to this here...

Garrosh and Varian land on Pandaria, both being excellent subjects for possession by the Sha; Both have no idea it exists, both are full of rage...
    Varian is eventually pulled through, finally reconciling his dual nature that he was left with from the entire Onyxia ordeal, with the help of Anduin and Jaina.
    Garrosh, however, is not so lucky and sees his posession fueled further by war-loving orcs and possibly Sylvanas.

This scenario also fits into the vague promises of having a bunch of quests in store that would flesh out Varian as 'awesome' as Thrall that got mentioned by Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Also, I don't think the "Sha" will have anything to do with it. That's just a massive cop out.
    I think it is always a possibility. What we know at this point is that something happens in Pandaria that makes him go batshit and commit various sorts of war atrocities which eventually ends up with even his own faction trying to dethrone him. It seems to me that the whole Sha thing fits in perfectly with that, especially since he is just the type of guy who would be susceptible to them...

It would mean that there would be space for a few pandaria themed bosses there too, instead of just, Orc trash, an Orc council, big orc, then Garrosh. but I guess its all just theories at this point, who knows.

Also, I am almost positive that Gamon will pop up at some point, even if its just a cameo in one of the heroics that come with it like hogger did. There is no way Blizzard will miss that opportunity for silly Blizzard humor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawwah View Post
    I think we all know Blizzard well enough to actually believe that Gamon will be a boss in SoO. They have done it before with Hogger. Taking a npc that was ridiculed and made him a boss in an instance. Im sure they will do it again. :P
    We don’t even know if it will be a raid and you are already calling it SoO..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    That and I can see maybe a warlock council or some sort joining up with garrosh.
    Garrosh is against the use of demonic power, so that wouldn't make much sense. Or I guess that can be retconned.

If Orgrimmar will really burn, and the Horde would have to really stick together for survival, I would not be upset. Lets rumble. I also predicted Garrosh as MoP Endboss ages ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    Oh and tentacles, Garrosh will have tentacles. A friend called it for Deathwing when Cata was announced, and I'm calling it now for Garrosh. Lots of tentacles.
    Yea because it wasn't already obvious from all the lore that Deathwing was corrupted by Old Gods..