Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    Sigh so many people cant read. this will happen in the LAST PATCH OF MISTS OF PANDARIA.

Read first before you claim others do not make sense.[COLOR="red"]
    Actually what I think he meant was the fact that Garrosh has already been killed with the "For the Alliance" Achievement. I'm sure I'm not the only one who found this little tidbit silly. Of course the entire encounter and everything leading up to it will be entirely different of course but the thought did make me laugh a little :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    What the hell is wrong with you people? Warlocks, Magatha Grimtotem?

Garrosh has been very clear on his stance with those people.
    He despises demonic power and he really hates Magatha Grimtotem. Why would he suddenly cooperate with them?

It seems to me that you can't really come up with a logical answer other than "Garrosh evil? Warlock are also evil, they work together!"
    He doesnt hate Magatha enough to help Baine retake Thunder Bluff. Garrosh is just a bluffer when it comes with how wounded is him about it.

Also, remember he gets corrupted (not that he needed that much, we (the horde) would have gladly killled him without any further corruption).

Putting my money on Gunship MK III

There was one in ICC, one in DS.... it would almost be traditional to have one in the last tier of Mists!

Quote Originally Posted by Xucuroz View Post
    Will probably be a lot of Orcs that we've never heard of before.

Everyone knows Gamon will be the Algalon style, heroic only fight.
    Heroic only boss are never in the last raid of the expansion.

I dont think Gamon will be a boss.

I think some bosses will be:

Cromush
    Magatha
    Gallywix
    A troll (maybe from the MoP new trolls or a Zandalari one)
    A council type fight with the korkron warchief guard
    Garrosh
    Last edited by Crashdummy; 2012-03-21 at 12:52 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've read a lot of good ideas in here.

I think as a raid it has a lot of potential design wise BECAUSE its orgrimmar, BECAUSE they're not designing a random instance nobody ever heard of.

My Personal Take on it:

Start in Durotar, Horde at Razor Hill, Alliance at the Docks? Fight Trash towards the gates.

Boss 1) Random Orc Warlord Boss (Crommash perhaps?)

once Boss 1 falls, Click friendly npc helping with seige to start...

Boss 2) Seige the Gates! Equivalent to the air ship bosses, some ranged will man catapaults (or the massive alliance shuriken lobbers for the alliance) while melee, tanks and healers assault the wall, mix of ladders and towers (and possibly jet packs lol) the boss is basically a timed event, you just have to survive until the gates are forced open while defending the battering ram! - gear level would improve the damage done by catapaults etc so that it is easier/quicker for better geared raids etc

Once the Gate is caved in, fight more trash through to the front of Garrosh's House, Outside you fight Boss 3...

Boss 3) Gamon! Patchwerk style fight, massive gear check, huge damage to tanks bezerk timer and thus dps race.

From the Valley of Strength we fight our way through to the Goblin Slums, possibly to fight...

Boss 4) Gallywix! Can't have a goblin boss thats not riding some sort of robot suit, highly personalised tree cutter type thing!

Gallywix dead, onto the Valley of spirits to fight a troll boss of some sort?

Boss 5) Random Troll Boss - only Lore Guy I can think of who mite turn traitor (or rather already is) would be Zalazane - but i'm not sure if he's been killed lore wise etc with the changes to the echo isles? could always be a voodoo raised corpse of him? =p

With the Troll boss dead, wonder through to the Valley of Wisdom, which we start fighting grim totem tauren who have been invited to join Garrosh's Horde.

Boss 6) Magatha Grimtotem! The Fight starts with the raid having to fight her guards, Cor and Gorm Grimtotem, Once they are dead Magatha enters the fray, but is un targettable to start off with. Magatha drops 4 Totems, each summoning an elemental, the raid has to kill all 4 elementals (1 by 1 on normal, all 4 at once on hc)

Once all elementals are dead Magatha becomes targetable, immediately casting bloodlust on herself. she will periodically drop totems much like a player shamans, but obviously more powerful, and she also has a stacking poison on the tanks, which does a DoT and reduces stats, but when dispelled it paralises the tank for 30s making the tank unable to dodge, block, parry etc.

Once she is down to 15% she pops bloodlust again (and in heroic recasts the elemental totems perhaps?)

With Magatha defeated players must head through the cleft of shadow, things start getting darker, and there we fight a nasty demon boss

Boss 7) Nasty Legion Demon, either a Nathrezim or a Pit Lord. Does fairly standard demon stuff, fire on floor, shadow bolt volley and some fancy stuff that makes it more interesting then Anetheron or Magtheridon =p

Now out into the Drag where there is an Optional Patrolling Boss

Boss 8) Option Boss - Random Class Trainer - Uses powered up player abilities of the same class.

Valley of Honor, While making our way to the arena we come across:

Boss 9) Garosh's Council - similar to illidari council type fight, insert appropriate lore figures here - possibly throw in that Belf guy nobody's heard of for good measure?

into the arena

Boss 10) Garrosh!

The Sha have corrupted Garrosh, thus making him more powerful, has lots of funky hard hitting attacks etc. his cleave is split up between tanks, and every ## seconds he will do a big blade storm style attack.

P1 is fairly straight forward, once to 80% the sha corruption becomes more apparent, this adds some "magical" attacks to Garrosh's arsenal, these include more nasties for the ranged classes etc while still doing the P1 Melee Attacks.

P3 starts when he is at 50%, Garrosh does an AoE Fear, that fears everyone on the spot, effectively stunning everyone to make way for a cut scene, Garrosh succumbs to the Sha's influence, and Drinks the Demon Blood like dear ol' Daddy! Shit hits the fan, everything starts hitting harder, he'll start doing "heroic leap" style attacks randomly into the raid.

I'm not sure how to make it more epic - abilities wise etc?

at 35% spirit of daddy (grom =p) buffs the raid, saying we must stop his son before he makes the same mistakes daddy did. garrosh adds more nasty attacks to his arsenal

at 10% the Other faction leaders turn up - thrall, vol'jin, baine, varian and jaina and upon realising shit has hit the fan they jump into the fray, for a manic 10% while Garrosh just goes bat shit crazy for a last minute dps race before garrosh starts killing everyone!

then everyone has a party and celebrates their phat lewt! =D

10+ Year Old Account
    It's played out, but I think we're going to go the route of Garrosh corrupted by old god influence, specificlly N'Zoth. Furthermore, I think the Sha are creations of his as well. I think in the next x-pack we finally face off against him, and his 3rd and final corrupted lore character, Azshara.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Haha, indeed

But I don't wanna kill him. It would make him important in some way.

Id like it to look this way:

Raid kills 9th boss, and heads into Garrosh's chambers. Suddenly, Lor'Themar block their path.

Lor'Themar says: Stop, heroes. This last fight... is mine.

Lor'Themar says: Your people welcame mine into the Horde. You helped us in toughest times. Thanks to you, we have our kingdom back.

Lor'Themar says: Now, it is my turn. I will help the Horde. I challange you, Garrosh! Come out and fight me!

Garrosh comes out

Garrosh says: Sorry, but who the fuck are you?

Lor'Themar says: ...

Lor'Themar says: No way. Okay, it's over. See ya.

Lor'Themar walks away, never to be seen again.
    Pure win! I hope they make a daily blink out of this

OT: I think we will see a counsil of advisors (corrupted orcs)
    For the pure fact of not being a racist a boss of random class and race.
    An Alliance traitor? Seems legit, and keeps the Alliance tightly knit.
    Ehm, if he was corrupted - the lieutenants of the source of corruption.
    An event type of boss like lootship or Flame Leviathan.
    I hope at least I hit something right.

For some reason, I am seeing the Naaru part of all this. Only in terms of being 'there' or semi-involved, not a boss or anything else. Purpose is to lead to 6.0, Return of the Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    So we know Garrosh will be the big bad of MOP. Anyone care to guess what the other bosses of the raid might be? Maybe a concentrated being of sha energy? Maybe it will include some of the more warmongering faction leaders who get possessed by the sha? Any takers?

Faceless ones ann orcs that he turns into freaking monsters.
    I'm thinking the blood of dw comes into play here.

oh an you guys are so right Gallywix will be there. gorrash was paying him alot of gold to help.
    I sensed a great disturbance. As if a thousand nerds just cried out at once and then were silenced.

Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    who said this was gonna be a raid?? it´s gonna be a world event don´t get ahed of yourself...
    They said it was going to be a raid.

Deleted
    I still want a Labyrinth style, goblin powered and operated Gate Boss to start off with

15+ Year Old Account
    Burning Blade Cultist Warlock Bossman
    Super World Destroyer Tank piloted by Gallywix
    Shade of Grom Hellscream
    Gamon (3 part battle)
    Garrosh

(Alliance raid spearheaded by Jaina and Varian. Horde raid spearheaded by Thrall and Vol'jin. When Garrosh is killed Vol'jin takes control of the Horde with the premission of Thrall.)

I also read none of the previous 10 pages.
    Last edited by Preliatus; 2012-03-21 at 01:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    It's played out, but I think we're going to go the route of Garrosh corrupted by old god influence, specificlly N'Zoth. Furthermore, I think the Sha are creations of his as well. I think in the next x-pack we finally face off against him, and his 3rd and final corrupted lore character, Azshara.
    Azshara is incredibly powerful and a huge lore character, would be weird not to have her as the central focus of an expansion.

As for bosses, the only one I can think of is maybe Gamon. I'd guess that we just don't know the majority of the bosses and that they'll be introduced during MoP or just appear in the raid.
    Last edited by sleepingforest; 2012-03-21 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    The big bad of MoP that is defeated before MoP is released. Sense make none.
    What the hell are YOU talking about? You make no sense at all duuude.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerran View Post
    What the hell are YOU talking about? You make no sense at all duuude.
    I imagine he means "For the Alliance!"

Spirit of Grom Hellscream or Shade of Grom Hellscream!

Title award: Warchief or The Warchief!
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruffles View Post
    Spirit of Grom Hellscream or Shade of Grom Hellscream!

Title award: Warchief or The Warchief!

Excellent idea. I can see it now.

Warchief Cuddlemuffin
    Female Pinkhaired Gnome Mage, ruler of Orgrimmar.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I don't think Gamon will be in this instance. I can't believe there's so few who realize that Gamon is the physical manifestation of Sargeras, waiting. Siege of Orgrimmar, the perfect distraction. This is where you realize the plot for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    Excellent idea. I can see it now.

Warchief Cuddlemuffin
    Female Pinkhaired Gnome Mage, ruler of Orgrimmar.
    Arg afk slitting
    I sensed a great disturbance. As if a thousand nerds just cried out at once and then were silenced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okacz post is very good, but i thought i am able to improve so it will be much better. So i updated the post and here below is the result. I made also a map how the progress goes through Orgrimmar. Thanks for Okacz for his work.

1) The raid starts in Razor Hill with all Horde faction leaders at your side except Sylvanas. You walk towards the gates of Orgrimmar to siege it. While you win the sieging the Kor'Garrosh General in charge flees into Orgrimmar and closes the gates.

2) Your raid set foot to the western back entrance of Orgrimmar. Before you reach the gate you meet the Wolfmaster, maybe one of Hunter Trainers, who fights on his wolf at first, but then they turn into separate bosses.

3) It's Vol'Jins turn to take lead through the western back entrance. Once inside he calls the trolls in the Valley of Spirits together to join the battle against Goblin forces. Gallywix shows his face here and claims that Garrosh is his new ally and fly away on his flying shredder before he is out of sight he closes the gate into orgrimmar.

4) Voljin passes the lead to Baine Bloodhoof towards Valley of Wisdom. Revealing of a great intrigue - Grimtotem show up at this moment, after some trash you fight a brand new Grimtotem Savage Brutal Warrior Slayer - just a Warrior + adds fight

5) Somebody we know - Magatha shows up, along with some Grimtotem Shamans, and challange you on top at Orgrimmar Skyway, kill her, some fancy mechanics, much destruction during fight, one zepp tower is broken

-) Meet the end boss - Garrosh challanges you, but when he draws his axes Gallywix shows up and grabs garrosh with the claw of his flying shredder fly way in northern direction where his palace is. Thrall takes lead now and advises to take a zeppelin from the remaining tower towards Gallywix' Palace.

-) Its a bit a worn-out idea to have a gunship battle now. So only invasion of Garrosh' wind riders attacks the zeppelin and succeed.

6) Zeppelins crushes near Gallywix' mansion, Gallywix sends guards to check out. When Gallywix finds out the Horde is knocking on his door, he shows up and start fighting back. Garrosh takes this opportunity take free himself and runs back to Orgrimmar.

-) After the dead of Gallywix you chase Garrosh on ground mounts, but before the reargate of Orgrimmar Twilight Hammer, reformed and serving Cthun is revealed to colaborate with Garrosh. You fight them while trying to catch up with Garrosh.

7) You meet Garrosh at Ring of Valor, where he reminds Thrall their duel did not finish. While they duel, Garrosh is losing, and tries to call help. None other than Gorgonna shows up, enslaved by Garrosh and twisted by Old Gods powers, now a horrible monstrosity. Fight her, or she will join Garrosh and kill Thrall.

CUTSCENE - Thrall defeats Garrosh. He submits, but Thrall sees the taint of the Old Gods twisting him is not his decision - Twilight's Hammer twisted him through agents working within Orgrimmar. Thrall attempts to purify Garrosh, but during this his powers manifest, turning him into an abomination of Twilight energies. Calling of the Old God himself forces Garrosh to set foot towards Cleft of Shadow. You see garrosh leaving the place.

8) You follow the same path as Garrosh towards the cleft of shadows. Valley of Strength is filled with Orcish soldiers also tainted with the old gods corruption. Kor'Garrosh General is here too and with his tainted army he attacks you.

BONUS) When in the Drag, there is a special boss that can be done. You see on the upper ledge above the Cleft of shadows entrance Gamon running away and a Orc girl screams for help to catch the thief that has stole her stuff. You can catch Gamon or skip him and continue into the Cleft of shadows.

9) Boss fight, at last! - You fight Garrosh while Thrall is trying again to purify him. The more time the fight takes, the harder it becomes. However, it is not really excruciating, as for an endboss fight. Garrosh falls and...

In normal - his body cannot take the purifycation and explodes. While you loot him you hear "evil laughter of Old Gods" coming from the Ragefire Chasm, so you know this raid is just a small part of a bigger plot.

Thrall manages to purify Garrosh, but he does not have much time. Only minutes are remaining until his body can't take this anymore. Thrall serves players some loot (well, you defeated a boss encounter). Then Varian and Jaina catch up. Varian tries to decapitate Garrosh, but Thrall stops him, explaining the full situation. Then, evil powers of Old Gods manifest. Neeru Fireblade shows up and tells of evil rituals inside the Ragefire Chasm, along with his minions. Players have limited time (until Garrosh dies) to enter Ragefire Chasm along with Thrall, Garrosh, Jaina and Varian, defeat Old Gods forces, and face the avatar of N'Zoth to get a cure for Garrosh.

10) Last fight (HC only) - When reaching the far end of Ragefire Chasm together with Garrosh, Thrall, Varian and Jaina you face the evil monster responsible for all this - or rather his avatar. The fight is excruciating, has several phases, and requires you to be helped by all of your "friends". During the fight, Garrosh saves Varian in the most heroic way it's possible from certain death, lying unconscious on the floor and starting last phase. You defeat Avatar, and Thrall thanks Jaina for something that happened, dunno what, Jaina cries, Thrall kneels and murmurs some things at Garrosh. Garrosh whispers to thrall he dismisses himself from being the Warchief. Thrall appoints Varok Saurfang as the leader of the Horde, and we live happily ever after, with some brand new HC gear.

The map: