Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dance Pants View Post
    Well assuming that we're still going with an Old God pulling the strings, enhancing her abilities, driving her insane to further his own purposes, she wouldn't exactly be in control.

Then again who knows how its going to go, we're just speculating here.
    I still think it would be a bit of a stretch. I think Blizzard should lay off of Old God influences on major lore characters for awhile, I think they are making Jaina violent to give Alliance more bad asses anyways (something we need) so turning her Old Gody would be a bit counter productive.

But yea, it's just speculating anyways. I don't know if they'll do it and and neither do you . Carry on.

Deleted
    Since its a horde/alliance raid i can't imagine many of the real Orgrimmar characters being bosses and killed or new npcs will be required.

I'd imagine it will be a case of more of the Orcs affiliated with Garrosh enter Orgrimmar and by the time of the end patch they displace many of the 'old' horde. (Aren't the orcs split into clans like the swarfs are (IF is ruled by dwarves but it is a different clan))

First boss should be a (overused possibly with 2 in 2 expansions) airship fight where alliance and horde try to get a foothold to lay siege. Where throughout the fight the two ships roll(like spine), and its a case of you need to kill the commander of the other ship, while protecting yours and killing attackers.

Second boss i think should be the siege, and chess event/fl style. Where depending on spec you get a group that varies in size and they act as your class. So you end up having a full scale 'war' with 10/25 people controlling 100s

Think a twin's style boss should be here, where you need to kill both at the same time but it ends up being a case of you personally have a damage balance(so the more damage you deal to one the weaker you get on him and stronger you get on the other). Think it should be personal rather than the halion style of balancing it between the raid, where you have half the raid focus one and half on the other. And have it so players have to keep swapping bosses.

I personally think there should be a patchwerk Garrosh here, where you fight him for 40% of his max health, where he is over confident in his ability to kill you but you are stronger than expected so he pulls back to properly prepare.

I like the idea of a council or the devout Garrosh followers (mellee,healer, ranged for 10man and melee,melee,healer, ranged, untankable for 25) where you have a ranged mob similar to in grulls lair (melee will oneshot, so u have ranged 'tanking' him)

Last boss is a normal Garrosh, Cut the BS of of him being corrupted, its him and he is just mad with the power no external factors. Have him start at 60% and its more of an involved fight {HC can be he gets healed to 100% and the last 40% can be an additional phase}

10+ Year Old Account
    Well they said Garrosh has been doing some shady stuff UNDER Org, which leads me to believe he is doing something with the Warlocks. I don't know why, but the idea that he has been set on the path to do to Azeroth that same thing that happened to Draenor. It explains Horde and Alliance coming together to take down a mad man hell-bent on destroying their world.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lamp. Near the town of chair, in the country Coffee Table.
    i'd really like it if it had a linear path through the raid in Org, with say 10ish bosses or a bit less, but then also, it has like 5-6 other bosses dotted around the city that aren't needed to kill off to get to Garrosh. Say you get a respite half way through and there are a couple of small hints that other bosses are around but it doesn't actually tell you they're definitely there, so you only find them if you go looking for them. would be pretty nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    I still think it would be a bit of a stretch. I think Blizzard should lay off of Old God influences on major lore characters for awhile, I think they are making Jaina violent to give Alliance more bad asses anyways (something we need) so turning her Old Gody would be a bit counter productive.

But yea, it's just speculating anyways. I don't know if they'll do it and and neither do you . Carry on.
    Looking back on it, it does seem like a stretch. I do agree that Blizz should focus on a threat other than Old Gods for a little while, it's starting to feel like they're just phoning it in with the expansion puppet-masters. Bringing the focus back to good old-fashioned hatred between the Horde and Alliance feels like a refreshing theme that hasn't been seen too often since Vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Slappers View Post
    Just give us the source please.
    Of what? of them saying we wil help thrall reinstate as warchief?

I honestly think Garrosh is the kind of guy who would sign a pact to win... like his father did. oh, fel blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dance Pants View Post
    Looking back on it, it does seem like a stretch. I do agree that Blizz should focus on a threat other than Old Gods for a little while, it's starting to feel like they're just phoning it in with the expansion puppet-masters. Bringing the focus back to good old-fashioned hatred between the Horde and Alliance feels like a refreshing theme that hasn't been seen too often since Vanilla.
    Yep, totally agree with that. That's the main thing I'm looking forward to with MoP, the war.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Take on a cool endfight (imo):

would be cool if when the patch is released both faction must fight until they reach a room with a door that takes 2 seals/keys to open like this with Jaina "the White" helping allies and Suarfang the elder helping horde, then the players meet a demon/sha construct constructed for garrosh by goblins , and once they kill it the helper places one Half of A Gatekey into the door, then when the other faction clears the Gate guardian they place the other half, when the door is finally opened A global scream by Garrosh reverberates throughout the game map repeatedly for 2 min and then any heroes in the in stance are ported out ,after an hour the Door is Finally unsealed by the magics of the 2 keys and garrosh the crazed is available to be killed,on Normal and LFR he dies when he defeated but still has REd glowing EyES! on HC mode he punches through the floor or something and drinks a vial of demon/sha blood that he had been preparing, thats why he was behind the doors and not excessively in the fray,and becomed Blood Garrosh (huge !!! with red eyes and mouth , daeling massive shadow cleaves and everything) then when this is defeated HUge beams of red / black energy fly out of his eyes and mouth. the helper for either faction(who will both be there in the throne room once it is unsealed) seals the evil in him and tada a new artifact with massive power is formed./ or discovers the were abouts of the true puppet master Nzoth!
    end

EDIT: ye after one week the door is automatically opened if no1 on both factions has opend the door
    Edit2 : just for convenience sake lets say thrall gave Jaina half of the key for the throne room / or suarfang and jaina say they cant unseal it by themselves of sumthing along that line
    Edit 3: Shards Of Nyalotha are dropped by garrosh (~10% drop rate,1 shard only)when he is killed(normal and HC) and there's a place on Panderia called the Gateway to Nyaltoha , Once 6 shards are placed in it it opens( permanently), THe immediate area around it sanctuary(small shrine really) and when it is open it leads to anather mini raid where heroes can face Nzoth and sum of his Warlords. Allies and Hordies can get shard fragments, if its a heavy raiding realm , should be opened pretty fast, if not will take a bit longer

would love to get your guys feedback on this

Quote Originally Posted by woly View Post
    I think Saurfang would be the first in line to kill Garrosh.
    I just levelled through Borean Tundra again, and I'm pretty sure Saurfang promises Garrosh that he'll kill him before he lets him turn the Horde back on its "evil" path.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

OK, I'll throw my idea hat into the ring.

We'll see Garrosh get empowered and corrupted by the Sha while fighting the Alliance in Pandaria. The Sha is attracted to negative emotions, and Garrosh has that in spades. It also makes more sense than Old God corruption, since this is clearly a core new "bad thing" added in MoP. Since it's been established time and again through multiple expansions that Garrosh hates casters, Warlocks in particular, I don't see him teaming up with the Warlocks hiding out in Ragefire Chasm under Orgrimmar. Instead, I say he wades into Ragefire Chasm with some of his elite guard and captures the Warlocks. He then proceeds to torture them, heal them, and torture them over and over again to use all of the negative emotion generated by the atrocities to "farm" Sha - which he then uses to imbue his elite guard.

The raid will start out with either a naval and/or gunship battle to establish a foothold onto Org. The next encounter will have each raid member controlling a unit of troops or siege engines to lay siege to Orgrimmar's walls. The units will be controlled just like those quests in Uldum where you control units of Lions or soldiers. Once the walls have been breached, the next encounter will be one or more of the elite guard imbued with the Sha guarding the inside of the gate. There will probably be a gauntlet style encounter as the raid is making their way through Org's streets. To get your Warlock/Demon fix, I think there will be an encounter in the Cleft of Shadow where some of the guards release all of the tortured, sha imbued, Warlocks to get in the way of the raid. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an encounter using some new interesting mechanic to have a fight against some of the Wyvern riders patrolling around as well.

Hmm, I really want to see this!

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does Garrosh have to be corrupted by the Sha? Couldn't it be they look at him and realize they don't need to mess with him. He is doing everything he can to make what they want happen happen. The biggest threat he would possess is going to far with what the Sha want. Which is Garrosh's style, he does things over the top he takes it too far. Especially in this expansion he is just starting to lose his mind, the reason I feel they would start corrupting him isn't to make him worse but to slow him down.

Deleted
    Magatha Grimtotem????? How i would enjoy killing her each reset!

I say demons! It'll up setup an expansion that returns to Outland!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger View Post
    Why does Garrosh have to be corrupted by the Sha? Couldn't it be they look at him and realize they don't need to mess with him. He is doing everything he can to make what they want happen happen. The biggest threat he would possess is going to far with what the Sha want. Which is Garrosh's style, he does things over the top he takes it too far. Especially in this expansion he is just starting to lose his mind, the reason I feel they would start corrupting him isn't to make him worse but to slow him down.
    I think a corruption is necessary to empower Garrosh. Garrosh is simply an orc with no supernatural abilities. Hell, Cairne most likely would have killed him single-handed if it weren't for the poison on the ax. There needs to be something more to him.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im hoping for more of an open war concept. Maybe have objectives instead of bosses. Like first take the gate down, then secure each district, and maybe have commanders or something for each part? I would assume taking the high ground over Orgrimmar would be important too.

Korm Blackscar would be an excellent boss fight for this, considering he's already shown true colors at the Broken Front in Northrend. Ontop of that, it was -Garrosh- that gave him 'another chance' in the first place.

Aside that, Magatha being involved and Gallywix being in the mix would be largely appropriate and I could see it happening. Though, Cromush joining in I think is highly unlikely (unless he is that much of a yes-man) because of his involvements as an Overseer to the Forsaken. As far as corruption - Garrosh has had it in him for the longest time. If you ask me, it's possible that the Sha draw on his negative emotion, but he ends up taking over the Sha and using them to fuel his needless desire to conquer Azeroth.

If Garrosh's downfall is demon related, I'd bet Neeru Fireblade to be one of the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    I think a corruption is necessary to empower Garrosh. Garrosh is simply an orc with no supernatural abilities. Hell, Cairne most likely would have killed him single-handed if it weren't for the poison on the ax. There needs to be something more to him.
    There's a difference between corruption and empowerment though.

He needs to be empowered somehow, but that doesn't demand an external force corrupting him. I've put forth the theory that he's made a pact with one of the remaining Mogu Warlords, gaining access to their magic in exchange for granting said Mogu rulership of Pandaria down the road, which he then uses to empower himself.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Although I'm not fond of it. It seems they're portraying Sylvanas as a sinister character in quests :/
    I hope they don't turn her to a bad guy, I live for the Dark lady =(