lvl 60 twink question

just wondering if lvl 60 twinking is still viable??

or is there no longer lvl 60 only bgs...

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 11:23 AM ----------

nvm... read some other threads

Well, I'm seen a few that do ok... I've even seen a few with ThunderFury....

But either way, I don't think they're too bad as long as you're willing to put time and effort into it.

I worked my arse off for months twinking my priest for 60, I had managed to acquire a lot for it, including the quest items for the benedict / anthema is it? anyways, I hit 60 had all the badges I needed, all the honor I needed and I managed to buy all the gear, and fill the other slots with tier gear, and rings from old 60 raids etc. The only thing I had missing was a decent staff, a few months later, honor becomes BoA bought the pvp staff, played a little at 60, still decimated most people, but got sick and tired of seeing every tom dick and harry running around in full 60 stuff within 30 secs of dinging,

so now, no there isn't much point from someone like myself to twink 60, because I've seen what it used to be like, BUT a new player then why not, you cant miss what you havnt experinced
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

No. No, don't bother.

If you walk into the 60 twink bracket and see people in full Tier3 carrying Atiesh it's game over for you. Nobody can get that gear anymore.

It's not like Chasses of Westfall, or some other random pre-Shattering item that was best in slot but has suitable alternatives. Those are stats and set bonuses you just can't get anymore. Hell, for a time Pallys with Tier3 could infinitely spam Lay on Hands as an instant cast, so obviously there's severe balance issues.

Basically, if you don't have a 60 twink already, I would focus on the 70s. Everything there is still obtainable so it becomes something you can work towards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrim View Post
    No. No, don't bother.

If you walk into the 60 twink bracket and see people in full Tier3 carrying Atiesh it's game over for you. Nobody can get that gear anymore.

It's not like Chasses of Westfall, or some other random pre-Shattering item that was best in slot but has suitable alternatives. Those are stats and set bonuses you just can't get anymore. Hell, for a time Pallys with Tier3 could infinitely spam Lay on Hands as an instant cast, so obviously there's severe balance issues.

Basically, if you don't have a 60 twink already, I would focus on the 70s. Everything there is still obtainable so it becomes something you can work towards.
    That's not even the case. Thunderfury is pretty common, I don't think I've seen a single Atiesh US side.

T3 isn't gamebreaking in the bracket - you don't run into many people sporting T3 anyways. Plenty of people run around with the lvl60 TBC gear gemmed though.

thanks for the feedback :P i might do it....
    i miss the days of lvl 60 in nilla when the AV's lasted 3-5 days per game and the elementals were summoned over 10times each...
    so ima give this a shot and see how i like it...