Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    See, I think it's a bit of both. I used the spec that Seatin recommended and I felt less squishy overall. However, it still feels like the healer starts complaining if a trash pull knocks her down to 75% or I hit below 50% health while a bunch of mobs are still up.

Even when I was dying, I was dying over the course of six, seven seconds, without seeing any real big heals go on me. To me, from a WoW perspective, that's a significant time to go without big heals, but I'm not sure how Rift is engineered in that regard.
    Any chance you had a Chloromancer healer? They only have a couple direct heals. Unless they're doing a good rotation of damage to heal skills, they can easily get overwhelmed at low to mid levels. As a Chloro healer, I know my tank is probably going to wonder what the heck I'm doing at times if they don't know how Chloro healing works. It tends to be spiky.

I don't know why a healer would freak out about the percentages you mentioned, though.

Oh, and hello, folks.

Quote Originally Posted by CynicalOtaku View Post
    That tank just doesn't seem to exist in Rift.
    There are like 3 tanking classes in Rift. Warriors have half their available souls centered around tanking with a Shield specifically. -__-

Spec matters a lot in Rift. More so than Warcraft, just as a quick example. Key difference is one can spec "wrong" in the sense that choosing "Protection Warrior" is a fairly binary choice in WOW- not so much in Rift.

In Rift you do have tank options but how you combine those through your own guile is the diving line. You can take the same 3 souls, but depending on the point spread achieve very different ends. Now multiply that by 8 distinct souls and 6 total roles.

The gameplay hook of Rift is the complexity of the soul system. Even having "presets" is a new feature.