Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Famous German Newssite (Spiegel online) settles with WoW / MoP

Just found it on one of the most popular German Newssites.

While many players find harsh words for the way Warcraft has gone, I haven't read anything similiar on such a famous site.

Some things maybe true and regarding Pet Battles and Pandaren I feel the same way. In other lines they just rant about the dumbed-down content, and the toleranted lack of fairplay.

Google translates it as 'Why World of Warcraft just sucks', better in my opinion was 'Why World of warcraft has become nothing but a pain in the neck'.

Original (German): http://www.spiegel.de/netzwelt/games...821779,00.html

English (Google Translation): http://translate.google.de/translate...1779%2C00.html
    Sing like no one is listening - Love like you've never been hurt
    Dance like no one is watching - Masturbate like no one else is on the bus

Deleted
    Tactic is no longer necessary
    Yeah, whoever made that article seems pretty clueless.

Deleted
    people who compare MoP to Kung Fu Panda lose all credibility. yeah whoever wrote that was very clueless. it's random whining like one can find in any forum.

Deleted
    i have read the german version and i must say the negative aspects mentioned are true, lfg/lfr tools destroying commuity, phasing making helping impossible, no attunements and everything bekames to fast to easy (lfr is a joke) and with a bit of gear the heroics are very easy as well and the tactics you needed in the first days are totally uneccessary.

i miss the old days, where you hat to go through all raids to get in the next one, like in bc!
    you can play alone but you are only strong in a big group, thats what a mmo should be about, not im playing alone and sometimes im playing with 24 random guys i dont care about

Deleted
    yep, that person is totally biased. he says he is a casual and has no time for sirious raids and then complains that the EASYmode version is too easy... sure, cata is not perfect, but is not bad ether. there are only 2 things i dislike about cata: first, the difficulty scaled the wrong way. it became easier instead of harder and the second thing is that there is so few things to do besides raiding and pvping. and he said that blizz thinks it was just the difficulty that let players leave and that they wanna just fix that. but blizz actually tries to add more difficulty levels by adding challangemodes so that we can have our easymode heroics and our (hopfully) hard challanges that just a few will get gold in. the writer just seems very stupid and uninformed when it comes about wow. just like most flaming kids in this forums that complain about kungfu panda and pokemon

10+ Year Old Account
    Spiegel is a yellow-colored piece of paper. Nothing surprising about that.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Deleted
    nerdbaiting for site views

Deleted
    what a crock of shit tbh

Deleted
    Absolutely 100% agree with Spiegel. Spot on article.

More people should be reading this kind of stuff from credible sources so that they can finally realise what they're doing paying for this crap.

nerdbaiting for site views
    Excuses for fear of finally realising - the game sucks.

Deleted
    Der Spiegel... Ah yes, the german News-of-the-World...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarronos View Post
    i miss the old days, where you hat to go through all raids to get in the next one, like in bc!
    you can play alone but you are only strong in a big group, thats what a mmo should be about, not im playing alone and sometimes im playing with 24 random guys i dont care about
    Then join a guild and raid with them, like everyone else has been doing for the last seven years?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    More people should be reading this kind of stuff from credible sources so that they can finally realise what they're doing paying for this crap.
    "Spiegel" and "credible source" should never ever go in the same sentence.
    Call "Daily mail" a credible source while you're at it >_<
    MMO player

Deleted

Why should an article dictate how I view World of Warcraft? You seem to try really hard to convert people, may I ask why?

"Realize."

I'm sure the hundreds of thousands people on WoW right now are clueless and have no idea what they're doing and they need some article to open their eyes and tell them to stop having fun. I really wish people would go out and play a REALLY bad game made by a company that DOESN'T care. And when I say bad I mean BAD. Glichty, grammar errors around every corner, a company that does nothing to fix any of the issues.

Most of yall are so pampered and have only experience good/amazing games that you overreact over completely ignorable issues that shouldn't be a big deal.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treekodar View Post
    Why should an article dictate how I view World of Warcraft? You seem to try really hard to convert people, may I ask why?
    I am better associated with the word 'finance' than you are. I'm also a nice person, in trying to save you from wasting your money. That's why.

"Spiegel" and "credible source" should never ever go in the same sentence.
    Call "Daily mail" a credible source while you're at it >_<
    I'm sure if the article was pro-Blizzard you would not be so reluctant to drop it into the old 'Daily Mail' category..

I'm sure the hundreds of thousands people online are clueless and have no idea what they're doing. I really wish people would go out and play a REALLY bad game made by a company that DOESN'T care. And when I say bad I mean BAD. Glichty, grammer errors around every corner, a company that does nothing to fix any of the issues.

Most of yall are so pampered and have only experience good/amazing games that you overreact over completely ignorable issues that shouldn't be a big deal.
    Some people are clueless. That is correct. There are a lot of plebs out there who trust what their own perception of the future of WoW will be and they know that their perfect game will suddenly pop up out of nowhere.

Then we get to the Type #2 WoW player - the ones that have been playing and investing so much time and don't have enough assertiveness to tell themselves "Alright, this isn't the WoW i originally subscribed for and i'm uncomfortable with it, let's look for other options".

And then the Type #3 - The ones that actually haven't looked at the options and are only aware of the existence of WoW.

Don't game-bash, and don't insinuate that anyone who enjoys a game you don't is somehow inferior to you.
    Last edited by Thage; 2012-03-20 at 03:17 PM.

A lot of what is mentioned there is optional. Hence a lot of what is said is like whining about the latest raid being too easya fter only doing LFR. Extremely shortsighted

That said, everyone will have their own views of WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure if the article was pro-Blizzard you would not be so reluctant to drop it into the old 'Daily Mail' category..
    Sorry, I use the same approach for all articles, pro or anti.

I'm also a nice person, in trying to save you from wasting your money.
    And what are you going to play instead? GW2, judging by your signature? Hihi.
    MMO player

Deleted
    I am better associated with the word 'finance' than you are. I'm also a nice person, in trying to save you from wasting your money. That's why.
    You seem to know a lot about me and what I'm allowed to enjoy or not.
    What should I do, pony?
    GW2 or SWToR?
    GW2: The biggest fight is against a door.
    SWToR: Loot bags.

Or perhaps you want me to play Mortal Online? If so, I'm all for that!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Treekodar View Post
    Then join a guild and raid with them, like everyone else has been doing for the last seven years?
    i am in a guild and we are raiding 10 man content, but what i miss is that the feeling of beeing in a group of people and the necessarity(is this the right word? no idea) of being in a group.
    back then raiding black temple with your guild ment something, you have together cleared t4 and t5 content, now you level to 85, do a few instances and in one day you are ready for raiding, thats nice is you need a special class to fit an open spot and someone wants to level a new alt, but in my opinion this new system is not so personal. back then you impersoned your char, if there was a little problem you taled to peaple and tried to improve your char, now if there is a problem with a person playing a class you get a new one or if the current cxontent is bad for melees you say "srew it" and reroll a range

hm not sure if anyone understands what i want to say ^^
    my opinion: raiding with attunements and the requerement of doing the older content to get to the new one.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarronos View Post
    i am in a guild and we are raiding 10 man content, but what i miss is that the feeling of beeing in a group of people and the necessarity(is this the right word? no idea) of being in a group.
    back then raiding black temple with your guild ment something, you have together cleared t4 and t5 content, now you level to 85, do a few instances and in one day you are ready for raiding, thats nice is you need a special class to fit an open spot and someone wants to level a new alt, but in my opinion this new system is not so personal. back then you impersoned your char, if there was a little problem you taled to peaple and tried to improve your char, now if there is a problem with a person playing a class you get a new one or if the current cxontent is bad for melees you say "srew it" and reroll a range

hm not sure if anyone understands what i want to say ^^
    my opinion: raiding with attunements and the requerement of doing the older content to get to the new one.
    I understand what you're saying, but I also fear a system like that wouldn't work any more. The only reason I put up with it back then, was because WoW was my first MMO, so I took everything as an experience and not a grind. Now however, attunements will without a doubt feel like a useless grind, as would grinding for resistance gear. I tried one of those "alternative" WoW servers and I did a bit of TBC with some friends there. Even though everything was functional it was not the same like when I did it years ago. People grow and WoW evolves.
    You could try talking to your guild and see if they want to try 25 man raids, maybe that will bring back some feelings.