Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Carrion swarm= worst crap ever

Best demo spell = wat, pardon sir but this is just a bump effect on shadowflame... it's shitty you know

Why does shadowflame need a bump effect.... ?

And what are you saying ???? ... I am gonna waste a stupid glyph to normalised shadowflame in pve... ?

kidding me ?
    If you can't see the benefit of having a knockback as a Warlock, I think we're all doomed. Even though I am worried about having a knockback during the phase where we essentially turn into a melee class.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 08:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nfariessence View Post
    They're waiting for the next movement inspiration to strike so they can throw it against the wall and see if it sticks. Warlocks everywhere will applaud it regardless if it's good design or balance, because "doing the same things year after year is boring".

Here's a hint: if they don't have a clear vision for a class, they keep flailing at things until they find something that works, and when they don't they flail again and again. You don't see complete reworks when classes are in a good place, or consistent with where their long-term plans are.
    Oh hey it's you again, with your always present pessimism about our class. Here's a hint, their direction for Warlocks in MoP is the clearest they've had in a loooong time. You keep confusing direction for a class/spec with figuring out the best ways to implement said direction. I for one am happy that they are iterating on Warlock designs until they find the right one, because I rather keep changing designs in an attempt to find something that works, than be stuck with ISF, Corruption, Imp DoT, etc as Destro for the end of time.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 08:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Because knockbacks are popular amongst the tanking community. That severely limits the ability's use, unless there's a glyph to deactivate the knockback, just as we'd probably want a similar glyph to disable the secondary effects of HoG; that means our glyph slots are effectively being wasted by deactivating secondary effects, where they'd probably feel 'cooler' if they were there to add those effects.

Also, did we find out whether Demonic Slash was a ranged or melee ability?
    I agree that having to glyph away the knockback/slow effect on two of our core spells will be quite obnoxious. Maybe they'll just be minor glyphs, so we don't have to give up damage so we can "lose" utility for the sake of a fight.

As for Demonic Slash, no word on that yet sadly. Beta will be out soon though, we we'll just have to wait and see. I'm just happy they gave us Meta without a CD.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 08:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Iffnar View Post
    I just wonder how they will balance demonic fury if it is only used during meta ... would that mean that we have to pool demonic fury during trash before a raidboss to do maxdmg or even go hunting critters *twitch* or will they implement a ability to gain it out of combat ... there are so many negative consequences if it didn't diminish over time

or did I miss some Information ?
    There aren't really sooo many negative consequences. In fact, not having it diminish over time, severely reduces the negative impact of the things you just listed. Sub Rogues, Warriors, SPriests and Feral Tanks all have to find critters or in the case of Sub Rogues have to have their healers crit with some heals pre-pull to build up a combat benefit. It would essentially work like eclipse with boomkins, where you just stay at the level you want, and then you immediately have the benefit. I don't really see a downfall to it.

Deleted
    Ok, I'm totally confused.
    Initially er were talking about, if it was cool to have Malganis' carrion swarm blast (or rather the look of it) instead of demonic slash.
    Than somehow knockbacks and shadowflame were mentioned and stuff...
    I dont play anymore since the end of lichking but I try to keep infos on warlocks together. Does shadowflame have a knockback nowadays or why has it been mentioned ?
    Malganis' green blast didnt have a knockback either, that I remember clearly. So what's this discussion of using glyphs to remove unwanted effects about ?
    Please lent me a hand.

Oh by the way, I hope they will change Shadowflame and Immolation aura and such fire based spells, so they actually look like fire for once instead of some smudgy cloud. Since Utgard we know, that there are great fire animations ingame, why not use them ?
    Last edited by mmoc9820a55f46; 2012-03-21 at 02:00 PM.

eye glyph sounds really amazing in pvp

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    If you can't see the benefit of having a stupid knockback as a Demo and how it's shitty for PvE purpose and moreoverthetop wasting a glyph to annihilate this useless effect, I think we are all doomed. Even though I am worried about having those kind of warlocks during the beta where we essentially losing half fo our GP, coz of newbies and mage reroll.
    A knockback is hardly a useless effect, and can be used in a bunch of situations. Bosses will still be immune to it, so for add fights you simply need to determine if you want the knockback or not. On Yor'sahj, the knockback wouldn' make much of a difference, but on Beth it would be useful. It really depends on how many adds will actually be susceptible to knockbacks in MoP, and how they play into the fight. I personally would prefer not having a knockback on the ability and glyphing it to give it one, but who knows if that's going to happen.

In any case, the knockback effect will have its uses, although it may not be useful on all fights. I mainly want to know if not using Carrion Swarm during Meta will be a DPS loss or not. If it's similar to typhoon for Druids, where it does some damage but is mainly used for the knockback, I have no problem with this ability. I can see the negatives of having a knockback, but you for some reason can't seem to see the positives.

Oh and just for reference I'm hardly a newbie to Warlocks, PvE, PvP or any other competitive aspect of the game.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 01:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Killrogg View Post
    Ok, I'm totally confused.
    Initially er were talking about, if it was cool to have Malganis' carrion swarm blast (or rather the look of it) instead of demonic slash.
    Than somehow knockbacks and shadowflame were mentioned and stuff...
    I dont play anymore since the end of lichking but I try to keep infos on warlocks together. Does shadowflame have a knockback nowadays or why has it been mentioned ?
    Malganis' green blast didnt have a knockback either, that I remember clearly. So what's this discussion of using glyphs to remove unwanted effects about ?
    Please lent me a hand.

Oh by the way, I hope they will change Shadowflame and Immolation aura and such fire based spells, so they actually look like fire for once instead of some smudgy cloud. Since Utgard we know, that there are great fire animations ingame, why not use them ?
    Shadowflame turns into Carrion Swarm during Meta, which gives it a knockback effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Strafer View Post
    WTB Glyph of Fel Fire that makes your fire spells green.
    why does this get implemented? 99% of all warlocks want it (true FACT!!!)

what i really want to know is will fire and brimstone make immolates direct damage AND dot damage affect targets or will it just be the direct damage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildragon View Post
    Shadowflame turns into Carrion Swarm during Meta, which gives it a knockback effect.
    Ah, thanks, I really must have missed that on the MoP notes. Well, that explains some of the comments following mine. ^^
    Kinda awesome when you think, "hey Blizz, please give us >this< spell !" Just to hear, that it's already done. *yay*
    I wonder how Carrion swarm will look like ? Like the one from Malganios or like a green Shadowflame ?

I think I posted it already, but especially the fire animations in casts etc should really be pimped to actually look like fire for once.