Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Why are people excited to kill the leader of the Horde?

This blows my mind why in a game players are excited to kill the one who leads their faction! Before I get called a fanboy of other games..etc I plan on playing Mists of Pandaria, and will continue to play as my Orc Warrior! When Blizzard announced that in Cataclysm "The horde will be led by Garrosh, and he will set the stage to bring the WAR back to WARCRAFT!". I rerolled to Horde the day I read that announcement, and was in awe that I had played Alliance for so long. Now with MoP we get "The Horde and Alliance are at WAR! The Horde get aoed mind-controlled, and you kill Garrosh!".

I guess the point I am making with this is why would Blizzard create, then encourage such a terrible plot-line for the Warchief position?

Looking into Garrosh's history it had so much potential! From his very conception he was a HELLSCREAM!!! While in Nagrand he thought his father disgraced the Horde, only to learn he helped bring them back into the light! He is recruited by Thrall to join him in Northrend to help lead the horde into the Lich King's domain! Now he is finally WARCHIEF, and instead of letting Cataclysm mold Garrosh into an Orc who will learn how to wield his power, we simply get "Whelp time to kill him". I mean off the top of my head there could be a mini quest line where Garrosh gets his ass kicked in a battle, and then he is trained by Saurfang, Vol'jin, THRALL whoever to make him a better Warchief. If Thrall comes back to claim the mantle I will personally be very disappointed to see a character with an entire expansion based around him get even more love.

I will say once more, I still plan on playing MoP, but it may not be in support of the Horde this time around... What does everyone else think of Blizzard creating, and then encouraging the death of a character they clearly personally killed by mistake?

10+ Year Old Account
    People would be just as excited to go after Wrynn. And who knows, maybe someday we will. It doesn't seem to me that there's any great love or adoration for Wrynn on the part of Alliance players.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of just don't like him, I mean really. The dudes bat $$$$ insane however I'm sure we have a good reason too other then hes well what I've just stated and I'm betting the reason is

''Something with The Sha''

Deleted
    I bet Sylvanas is the one to do it.

My opinion of Garrosh is that he is thick-headed and too quick to act. He lacks the ability to think before he does something-- and he stands against everything that Thrall wanted for the Horde. He's headed down a path that could replicate Gul'dan. Personally, I can't stand him. I hated him in BC, hated him in Wrath, Cataclysm, and I will hate him in Mists. I love the Horde more than I do the Alliance, and to be honest... Garrosh is a poison to the Horde.
    Meep~

10+ Year Old Account
    I am more excited for The siege of Orgrimmar as a raid then really killing Garrosh. Personally I wish they could somehow make it so the last raid was seige of Stormwind \ Orgrimmar based on what faction you are, but that would never happen because of how much extra work it would take.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    People would be just as excited to go after Wrynn. And who knows, maybe someday we will.
    I do not know much about Wrynn, but if he is anything close to Garrosh, it would not surprise me. My point is back in the olden days we, or atleast I wanted to defend my leader, but now it is just so bleh!

Garrosh: Douchey hot-head warmonger.
    Sylvanas: War-hungry, looking out for her race (my personal favorite atm).
    Carine: Dead, his son is just a filler for a Tauren leader.
    Vol'jin: Has no real power.
    Blood Elf Guy: Huh?
    Gally who?

Why are they going back to Wrath-style difficulty of dungeons?

Answer: Because the majority hate the harder garbage.

Why are we going to kill the Horde faction leader specifically?

Answer: Because the majority hate the damn racist angry 2-dimensional buffoon.

Seriously, they're just throwing the character under the bus as they realized he was the most piss-poorly written idea in a story since Midochlorians.

Grom though did disgrace the horde. He was the first to drink the demons blood that tainted their race. He freed them and himself from the blood curse that HE started. His son, is more like him than we first saw in Nagrand. He lusts for war. And his appointment as warchief, was a grave error on Thrall's part. What did Garrosh do the moment he became warchief?

- Declared war on the alliance, notably the night elves and theramore. He is trying to exterminate the night elves and banish them from their homes they have held for over 10,000 years. And there was a peace treaty with theramore, that he is throwing out the window when he declared all of kalimdor shall belong to him and the horde.
    - He was mostly responsible for the death of the tauren chieftain Cairne. Even though he didn't know his blade was poisoned, he was the one that wanted the death match.
    - Alienated the trolls, probably the closest allies the orcs had when they arrived in kalimdor.
    - He appointed generals of questionable mentality. One even used the bomb to destroy a school with druid kids.

Overall, Garrosh was set up in wrath, to become a major bad guy. And Saurfang's declaration to him at Warsong Hold, was that if ever he got out of line as a leader, He would dispatch him personally. Well MoP, Garrosh will get way out of line. And I suspect Saurfang will be like thrall in Hour of Twilight. We help him (Alliance and horde get their own version but with the same npc) break through Orgrimmar's defenses and help defeat Garrosh. The Hellscream line, must end. His father was a war crazed blood luster. And he is a war crazed blood luster.

He is a tyrant with little compassion for his subordinates. He's splitting up the horde and forcing it to move on the alliance.
    Vol'jin wants him gone. Sylvanas wants him gone. Baine wants him gone. Lor'themar is a pussy.
    The evidence speak for themselves.
    I will enjoy ending his reign of war machines and invasions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because he's kind of nuts. Bad PR.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's an idiot who wrecked much of what Thrall worked so hard to achieve. I will kill him gladly! ~_~

Hopefully Vol'jin has a hand in it!

Deleted
    if u read the info corectly theu said at the end of the expansion we will kill him, so u dont know yet what monstrocity he will do and "and war crimes are committed by one side" so i dont think horde will help aliance to kill Garosh it will more likely be wrathgate 2.0, and noone there was defending the undead guy. Garosh may as well have you (horde players) kill your fellow orc or something im pretty shure they will make his character unlikable by anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Essenji View Post
    He is a tyrant with little compassion for his subordinates. He's splitting up the horde and forcing it to move on the alliance.
    Vol'jin wants him gone. Sylvanas wants him gone. Baine wants him gone. Lor'themar is a pussy.
    The evidence speak for themselves.
    I will enjoy ending his reign of war machines and invasions.
    lol I love your little jab at the blood elf leader. To be fair though, the blood elf leader and their starting zone, got no updates in Cata, aside from a new intro vocal. So can't really blame the poor npc. I can see it now

Lor'themar says: But it wasn't my fault that the gods didn't update us! If I was in on the action we'd be one garrosh down! I don't have to take this doo doo.
    *Lor'themar gets on a unicorn*
    Lor'themar says: Magical unicorn... away!

Deleted
    As other explained, the main reason they want to see Garrosh offed, is because he's a bad character: acting before thinking, encouraging people to do war on others, splittering Horde from within.

But probably the biggest one of all: Destruction of Thenemore, the only place where Horde had Alliance "friendly" relationship.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Why are we going to kill the Horde faction leader specifically?

Answer: Because the majority hate the damn racist angry 2-dimensional buffoon.

Seriously, they're just throwing the character under the bus as they realized he was the most piss-poorly written idea in a story since Midochlorians.
    I often enjoy your posts, but this one is asinine.

It’s pretty obvious you have no idea what makes for character depth, as Garrosh is comfortably one of the deepest in the game. He’s conflicted but committed, harsh but honourable. Why do you think he evokes such strong emotions amongst both Horde and Alliance players? Because he’s a well-developed character and the game needs him.

Take another look over Garrosh before calling him a “two-dimensional buffoon”. It’s just about the most ignorant thing you could have said, and I expected more from you.

Deleted
    Plus the fact thatby the sounds of it Garrosh is going to be committing war crimes against the alliance . We are gonna want his head on a stick by the end of MoP!

Can't wait!

Deleted
    Garrosh was my bro :-( one more reason to not come back to WoW

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 09:54 AM ----------

And with thrall gone treehugger who's going to lead the Horde?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talkshowhost View Post
    And with thrall gone treehugger who's going to lead the Horde?
    Some hipster liberal probably. It's all part of the conspiracy. There will be a Starbucks on every corner in Orgrimmar once it's done.

Even for an Orc Garrosh is bat shit crazy. He should never have been given the mantle of Warchief.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore