Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattachine View Post
    One thing I also noticed is that my 4-piece T13 bonus to reduce SW:death feedback not working, I am not sure it's intended or not.
    That's because the backlash was changed from "caster takes damage equal to the damage done" to "SW:Smiley does X damage to the target, and to the caster" and "targets below 20% health take 4x damage".

This means you'll only take the X, even if the target takes the 4X damage.
    Last edited by Kaesebrezen; 2012-03-24 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Dunno much about SPriest PvE but I rather like how it's looking for PvP.

I do like the fact that they've done something about the RNG part of orbs, at the start of Cata it was harder to keep Empowered Shadow up.
    I guess we'll be spamming SW:P if we got to move now instead of DP, so there's not really much of a change except for one less dot.

How does the Shadow Apparitation look on beta?
    I wish they would be some kind of missile moving slowly to the target instead of a ground bound spell, which just causes annoyance in some cases.
    Also, isn't a 3 orb SA supposed to create 3 clones, draining all orbs? Or do we have to press it once per orb?
    Last edited by Juicebox; 2012-03-24 at 06:54 PM.

I also feel like Priests are not in a good position right now. Although they have many "functional" talents it seems more aimed at pvp currently than for pve. I was really hopeing for some new interesting things added to spice up our rotation/tree. I hope they have some cool things in more advance builds that we have not seen yet but if it stays similar with only balancing and a few tweaks I will be parking my priest to level last

Quote Originally Posted by Cham View Post
    Also, isn't a 3 orb SA supposed to create 3 clones, draining all orbs? Or do we have to press it once per orb?
    It consumes all Orbs you have, and for each Orb it spawns an apparition.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    It consumes all Orbs you have, and for each Orb it spawns an apparition.
    Aye, cheers for answering. Looking at the video from last page I got the impression it didn't, that's why I got confused.

One question for those who are plating with M,oP Beta:

the damage portion of SW: Pain is it the same of the current SW: P plus DP?

I know the DPS is irrilevant at this point, i was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleisbetter View Post
    One question for those who are plating with M,oP Beta:

the damage portion of SW: Pain is it the same of the current SW: P plus DP?

I know the DPS is irrilevant at this point, i was just curious.
    i just did a comparison with just pure SW:Pain and nothing else.
    --Current tick for 3.3k
    --MoP tick for ~7k.
    Last edited by Mattachine; 2012-03-24 at 09:02 PM.

I really like that the spec in general is going to play differently then what we're used to. I was getting sick and tired of people calling us "badly designed warlocks" etc.

It seems that we'll be doing much more "Shadowy" things like summoning apparitions, disappearing and re-appearing, fading away, etc.

I might be the only priest who is actually happy that it feels like we have a playstyle now, rather then just "Dot everything" or "Mind Spike Everything".

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

--Current tick for 3.3k
    --MoP tick for 30k+

and the video below is on level 85 target dummy, one spell hit for 500k. Not sure whether it's duplicated spell from Tarecgosa.
    w w w .youtube.com/watch?v=lbl_lx0HlKk&feature=youtu.be
    That's a bugged copy... Those aren't the real values.

That's a bugged copy... Those aren't the real values.
    Are you refering to the SW:Pain tick or the 500k spell hit? the SWeath hit for 200+k with Shadow of Death proc.

edit: I just double checked the combat log, it said the 500k+ is crit hit of SWD. If that's correct, that mean SWD is capable of critical hit.
    Last edited by Mattachine; 2012-03-25 at 01:26 AM.

Are you refering to the SW:Pain tick or the 500k spell hit? the SWeath hit for 200+k with mindmelt proc.
    Both, the 30k ticks and the 500k hits.

Copied characters can have bugged stats, and 30k DoT ticks with 500k MB hits definately is a sign of that. Kill your character once, switch spec, then try again.

Both, the 30k ticks and the 500k hits.

Copied characters can have bugged stats, and 30k DoT ticks with 500k MB hits definately is a sign of that. Kill your character once, switch spec, then try again.
    You are right.

Let me also edit the other thread so I don't give wrong information. However, SWPain does 2x more damage than current one. It also does instant damage as soon as it hit.

It also does instant damage as soon as it hit.
    That's also in the tooltip, but to ask:

How much do VT, SW:P (both instant and ticks), MF, MB, SW:Smiley and 1 Apparition Hit for?

That's also in the tooltip, but to ask:

How much do VT, SW:P (both instant and ticks), MF, MB, SW:Smiley and 1 Apparition Hit for?
    VT: ~9.9k per tick, crit for 20k.

SW:P instant ~6.7-8k, tick also roughly same range, but can crit for 13k+

MF: 9.3-10k, can crit for 20k+

SWD: ~11k regular, 44k+ on Shadow of Death proc from MB, but crit once for 103k.

MB: 22-25k, crit for 50k+

1 Shadow Apparition: 7k-8k+, can crit for 14k+

MindSpike: ~19k

These are based on my gears 396 itmlvl.

*edit: The Mindmelt proc is actually called Shadow of Death.*

I also noticed if you were to use the Mindmelt Glyph, it will make your MB instant cast after 2xMindspike, but the Mindblast won't proc Shadow of Death.
    Last edited by Mattachine; 2012-03-25 at 01:30 AM.

SW: Simley <--- hahahaha!

I wish I could see a spell like the raven birds from the shadow raven priest in wrath in Dragonblight. or even a glyph for that would be nice. Shadow priest need some loving after all the things they are losing <3 if not the spell maybe a Glyph that looks like the raven for the place of the orbs which remind me of shaman.[COLOR="red"]
    Last edited by Devisirae; 2012-03-26 at 03:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devisirae View Post
    I wish I could see a spell like the raven birds from the shadow raven priest in wrath in Dragonblight. or even a glyph for that would be nice. Shadow priest need some loving after all the things they are losing <3 if not the spell maybe a Glyph that looks like the raven for the place of the orbs which remind me of shaman.[COLOR="red"]
    i know a lot of people that would re roll a spriest if they implement the ravens lol