Thread: I'm bored.

Deleted

I'm bored.

Like, really bored. I play video games a lot. A lot of times that's piss boring. So I think if there's something I'd rather do? Nope. Nothing. Nothing appeals to me. Sports? Boring. Musics? Boring. Hell, even hanging with friends is pissboring. Even when I get to make choices, it's pissboring. Boring. Boring. Boring. There's a certain enjoyment in eating, but that's eating. I have no idea why I'm so bored. I have a great life, in my opinion, except that I'm bored almost constantly. Bored. Very bored. I've no idea why I'm so bored. Everyone says "try something new", but all this stuff that I try is just BORING. BORING BORING BORING. You know what I like? Programming. That's not boring. Except learning it. That's pissboring. Boring. Boring boring boring.

Can anyone come with a theory why I'm so damned bored constantly? I'm really bored.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Like, really bored. I play video games a lot. A lot of times that's piss boring. So I think if there's something I'd rather do? Nope. Nothing. Nothing appeals to me. Sports? Boring. Musics? Boring. Hell, even hanging with friends is pissboring. Even when I get to make choices, it's pissboring. Boring. Boring. Boring. There's a certain enjoyment in eating, but that's eating. I have no idea why I'm so bored. I have a great life, in my opinion, except that I'm bored almost constantly. Bored. Very bored. I've no idea why I'm so bored. Everyone says "try something new", but all this stuff that I try is just BORING. BORING BORING BORING. You know what I like? Programming. That's not boring. Except learning it. That's pissboring. Boring. Boring boring boring.

Can anyone come with a theory why I'm so damned bored constantly? I'm really bored.
    A real developed country problem, being so spoilt for choice that you get bored
    Maybe you need some strife in your life to start feeling good about how good your life is. Or perhaps you just need to activate yourself. It might be that your life is inactive, making you tired, which makes you bored.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    A real developed country problem, being so spoilt for choice that you get bored
    Maybe you need some strife in your life to start feeling good about how good your life is. Or perhaps you just need to activate yourself. It might be that your life is inactive, making you tired, which makes you bored.
    I have something to strife for, so I study pretty hard to become a Master of Science in software programming. Yes, perhaps I need to activate myself but I don't know how to motivate myself since everything outside is so damned boring. Except eating. But I'm no cash machine.

I have something to strife for, so I study pretty hard to become a Master of Science in software programming. Yes, perhaps I need to activate myself but I don't know how to motivate myself since everything outside is so damned boring. Except eating. But I'm no cash machine.
    Strive =/= Strife

OT: Maybe you're depressed or have some legitimate psychological condition. Best to talk to a professional if you're really having that much trouble finding enjoyment in anything. Even if you say you've got a great life, that can mean you feel like you SHOULD like it, but not that you do.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    As I don't know you as a person I can't really tell what you need in your life. It's very hard to give any advice to you.
    And I meant strife (motgång/svårigheter, yes I'm swedish and I noticed you are too) not something to strive for.
    Your best motivation is your lack of motivation, to be honest. Photography is something that makes me go outside. The first step is always the hardest, to find the will to get up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    As I don't know you as a person I can't really tell what you need in your life. It's very hard to give any advice to you.
    And I meant strife (motgång/svårigheter, yes I'm swedish and I noticed you are too) not something to strive for.
    Your best motivation is your lack of motivation, to be honest. Photography is something that makes me go outside. The first step is always the hardest, to find the will to get up.
    I think photos are, you guessed it, boring. Looks like I'll have to google stuff to do outside...

Deleted
    I had this problem for ages, I live in a small town with not much to do, so going outside was really not going to cure my boredom, many of my friends had gone away to University, so I was pretty much alone most of the time, the only thing to do was game. Inevitably I became bored of gaming and TV after spending so much time doing it (this was during my time spent unemployed) and not having much money really didn't help anything either.

You just have to force yourself to do SOMETHING, anything.. for me it was exercise, I had become pretty unhealthy so I forced myself to go to the gym and do some weight training as well as taking long runs in the morning, and although at first I thought it sucked, eventually, I got to enjoy it and even look forward to it, maybe it was a combination of doing something new, having a routine and feeling generally better from my new healthier lifestyle, but it really got me out of my rut and feeling better.

Deleted
    Exercise!

Such ultimate boredom can be a result of frustration or even depression. Exercising helps a lot.

only boring people get bored, go do something random... I just made a slingshot and im shooting things at my flatmate while he tries to PvP
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

When I'm bored I go sleep. Its good way to pass time.

:P

well i have a feeling you find trolling the forum somewhat fun.

but it looks like your depressed. because the only thing you want to do is eat all day long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Consider yourself lucky... being bored is a privilege. Look at it this way, you're so spoiled with everything to the point where nothing sounds fun... You get to feel bored because you've done everything that has sounded fun. A lot of people don't get to feel bored... You get no sympathy from me... stop your complaining.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.