Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    No it hasn't. The level of ignorance in this thread is mind boggling.
    Says you? http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html. That is the home page of several pages they have discussing 2012 - one of which leads to their team of people who debunked the date.

Your level of ignorance is astounding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    AROUND 21th Dec the Sun will have a really violent activity, several scientifics have laready warned, even NASA with a video the last summer (What else do you think it was...) This will happen due to the magnetif field swith happening in the Sun. We'll also have a huge alignement (they have proben to have something in common with many Earth events like earthquakes and volcanos, again several scientifics have spoken about this and even some of them told that something could happen, when it finally happened, it's just not an "official" thing, so people is like "derp tv didn't tell that herp")

With all of this, you gotta remember that Mayans had an incredible knowledge about the cosmos, with really advanced mathematical calculations about it. Many of those are still happening. Many other civilizations have got ubber knowledge about this kind of things and even big structures none can still explain, aliens gave us a peice of advice? who knows, but why not? WE HAVE already done it, we have interfered with life, creating it even.

So, i'm open for any possible event, but i'm not stupid, and i won't trust any stupid idea unless it gives me a minimal prove, what means that i can not trust anything they tell on tv.. i mean, tv is controlled by banks...

Sorry about my lazy gram but i'm sickly tired :x
    I really, really, really don't want to live on this planet any more.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And remember, NASA would never tell you a crap.

Its like technology, u think your IPhone is super new and cool? maybe it's 50 years old...

Proof:

SR 71.

This plane reaches mach 3, that's simply sick because it's about 50 years old. It was a top secret plane.

Imagine what kind of planes they have now.

Drones are a joke.

You might say.. that's military tech not NASA.. they are the same ; )

i hope something happens cuz im bored hahaahha

i like the syfy channel as much as the next person

The mayan calendar didnt account for leap years, so their estimation of when Dec 21 was to happen had already passed.
    Last edited by CR77; 2012-03-19 at 06:38 PM.

They predicted the end of the world, but they didn't say how.

Today the world can end in many different ways, other then astronomical disasters. Financial institutes, governments or companies can collapse, China could reclaim the money it is owed by the U.S government or maybe, something of natural origin will occur.

Either way, the days & times are off. Due to the addition of the 29th day in February, instead of every few years adding an extra day, and the calendar differences due to the slowing down of the earths rotation and our distance from the run, the day they were talking about has already passed. I don't recall the exact day, but I believe it was late 2011 / very early 2012.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmarket View Post
    Says you? http://www.nasa.gov/topics/earth/features/2012.html. That is the home page of several pages they have discussing 2012 - one of which leads to their team of people who debunked the date.

Your level of ignorance is astounding.
    The Gregorian calender does not add more time onto the year...The only argument on the date, not the number of days.

remember they maya didnt predict anything...their calendar just ends on dec 21 2012 and may reset

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    The mayan calendar didnt account for leap years, so their estimation of when Dec 21 was to happen had already passed.
    The Mayan calendar is on a completely different system than the Gregorian Calendar. Leap year is irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Gregorian calender does not add more time onto the year...The only argument on the date, not the number of days.
    Did you bother reading through the site, or do you prefer the information you get off of Doomsday Preppers?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    They predicted the end of the world, but they didn't say how.

Today the world can end in many different ways, other then astronomical disasters. Financial institutes, governments or companies can collapse, China could reclaim the money it is owed by the U.S government or maybe, something of natural origin will occur.

Either way, the days & times are off. Due to the addition of the 29th day in February, instead of every few years adding an extra day, and the calendar differences due to the slowing down of the earths rotation and our distance from the run, the day they were talking about has already passed. I don't recall the exact day, but I believe it was late 2011 / very early 2012.
    It is not off at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpYtL...7y17wotNmsI%3D

That is the easiest way to explain it, the Gregorian calender doesn't give you more days in a year, it just offsets it so that the calender stays in sink with the seasons. That is the sole purpose of a leap year, to maintain the seasons with Christian holidays, e.g. Easter.

One thing and one thing only will happen on December 21 this year; lots of great parties.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmarket View Post
    Did you bother reading through the site, or do you prefer the information you get off of Doomsday Preppers?
    I stated, repeatedly, how stupid it is to assume an end of days occurring.

However the predicted date, 13.0.0.0.0 WILL happen on the 21st of December. The issue lies with what the Mayan would have called it, for example both experience 4 years of time, but one adds a "day" to balance out the seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I cant say for sure that nothing will happen since im convinced some nuts will commit suicide but there arent many of those.

Quote Originally Posted by CR77 View Post
    Have a good read:

http://jameswatt.me/2012/03/07/mayan...ian-leap-year/

Math and facts > Random Facebook pics
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaank View Post
    remember they maya didnt predict anything...their calendar just ends on dec 21 2012 and may reset
    It's merely the beginning of a new cycle in their calender, that's all.

---------- Post added 2012-03-19 at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    Have a good read:

http://jameswatt.me/2012/03/07/mayan...ian-leap-year/

Math and facts > Random Facebook pics
    And your post count is 365, hat off to you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Drofu View Post
    I can't believe people left out the entire idea of Nibiru. What is a 2012 conspiracy without Nibiru!?
    Nibiru! Now, that reminds me of Melancholia... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1527186/

It is not off at all. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpYtL...7y17wotNmsI%3D

That is the easiest way to explain it, the Gregorian calender doesn't give you more days in a year, it just offsets it so that the calender stays in sink with the seasons. That is the sole purpose of a leap year, to maintain the seasons with Christian holidays, e.g. Easter.
    Stop ignoring the information. Nothing, I repeat nothing will happen. The Calendar we use today is totally different to theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kworal View Post
    Nibiru! Now, that reminds me of Melancholia... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1527186/
    Yep, the moment that movie trailer was released, the conspiracy forums literally blew up in a doomgasm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    Stop ignoring the information. Nothing, I repeat nothing will happen. The Calendar we use today is totally different to theirs.
    I'm getting very annoyed.

I stated many times nothing will happen. However you're entirely wrong thinking that the date is wrong, it's not. Many posts and links on this page prove this, if you can't be bothered to read/watch the information then kindly shut up.