View Poll Results: Wich european language do you prefer most?

Voters
209. This poll is closed
  • Czech

1 0.48%
  • Danish

14 6.70%
  • Dutch

13 6.22%
  • English

79 37.80%
  • Finnish

9 4.31%
  • French

15 7.18%
  • German

22 10.53%
  • Greek

4 1.91%
  • Irish

4 1.91%
  • Italian

9 4.31%
  • Polish

4 1.91%
  • Portugues

5 2.39%
  • Romanian

3 1.44%
  • Spanish

8 3.83%
  • Swedish

19 9.09%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    zeker nederlands

I'm Norwegian, but I voted English, and I still would've voted English even if Norwegian was there.

I really hate Norwegian. It's a boring language, it has a low amount of words, especially compared to english (If you've ever written a book in Norwegian, and then in English you'd see the huge difference), it sounds dull, and you don't even use your whole mouth (unlike French where you actually need to be precise and quick). Had it been up to me, New Norwegian (Yeah, we got two languages, very much alike, for some reason) would be removed, Norwegian would be a side language, and English would be the main, official language.
    "Such insolence... such arrogance... must be PUNISHED!"

Deleted
    englishhhh!

English of course since its official eu language. I dont really like my native lang.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zareth View Post
    I'm Norwegian, but I voted English, and I still would've voted English even if Norwegian was there.

I really hate Norwegian. It's a boring language, it has a low amount of words, especially compared to english (If you've ever written a book in Norwegian, and then in English you'd see the huge difference), it sounds dull, and you don't even use your whole mouth (unlike French where you actually need to be precise and quick). Had it been up to me, New Norwegian (Yeah, we got two languages, very much alike, for some reason) would be removed, Norwegian would be a side language, and English would be the main, official language.
    I could not have agreed more with you on that matter.
    Not every n00b is a bad player, but every bad player is a n00b.

Deleted
    Add Croatian on the list ASAP!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Flemish dutch, not netherlandish dutch. VLAANDEREN DE LEEUW!
    rofl! Why so flemish minded?

I prefer to speak dutch of course, as i am dutch, but if i understood the question correct, you intended to ask what language sounds best to me, and that would be italian. I have visited countries all over the world, and especially danish completely drove me crazy. Italian on the other hand is pleasant to the ears

Being a Lithuanian I prefer this language when talking to those who know it, aka Lithuanians. But on the internet I prefer English over anything else, almost everyone knows English these days, it makes it easier to communicate.

And the best sounding for me is Italian I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Now instead of being pissed off at four people at a time, I can be pissed off at TWENTY FOUR people at a time. That's called efficiency, my little enchiladas.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dyssiexd View Post
    I just can't understand why people think German is aggressive, really.
    There are some very hard spoken dialects in Germany. As I have a soft dialect myself (Austrian), some German dialects actually make me jump, because they use the same tone for normal stuff, we use when we are really pissed off. Usually takes a few seconds till I realize that they didn't say something nasty at all. Dresden for example is a city where people have such a dialect. They can really drive me crazy, because the tone and the content don't fit. It's like people who are shouting all the time, actually saying nice things.

It's usually these dialects people remember, not the funny "moin moin" ones

However, for the sound i prefer English. Especially the British accents are really nice.

What exactly do you mean? Specify "prefer" in this scenario.

From the sound i love Italian, and Spanish.
    From a technical point of view i prefer english, since it is easy to learn and if all people would speak english it wouldbe soooo much easier.
    As a former progression raider i´d go for Latin, as it shows real skill using that language to it best.
    From a linguistig point of view, i prefer english as well, as there are sooo many words and expressions that you really can make up for good read in various ways.
    As a lazy dude which i am, i prefer german as thats my native language and i dont have to learn anything new.
    From a programmers point of view i prefer english since it enables us programmers to speak about the same thing without mixing stuff up through translation errors.
    Even if it is not a european language, from the looks i prefer russian.

so what shall it be?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya420 View Post
    Romanian... Being Slavic languages
    Romanian is latin based language.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 07:57 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zoefschildpad View Post
    I'd go for Romanian except I don't think I ever heard anyone speak it, and even if I did, I wouldn't understand a word they're saying so I'd much prefer they speak English
    Here you go, I found the national anthem on youtube with translations. I however don't take any guilt if some translations are wrong or some parts are wrong since I didn't sit to listen to all of it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kov-PvgtDaA

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evyan View Post
    rofl! Why so flemish minded?
    Because most Flemish hate the Dutch accent, I do too which is ironic because I worked as a tele-operator for a Dutch provider

From that list, German.
    ——————▲—————▲———
    ————————————————
    ———▼—————▼——————
    —Ⓐ—————Ⓐ————————

I speak English. Why would I like listening to it? So boring!

I grew up next to a family from Brazil, there were Koreans across the street (afraid of the entire neighborhood...), Cubans and Puerto Ricans to the left, Italian and Greek to the right. I heard Spanish, I heard Italian, I heard Greek (just a little Greek), Brazilian Portuguese pretty often, and absolutely no Korean.

I moved across the country, and my new best friend... born in Brazil, moved to the US at 2, her mother's from Brazil so I got to hear her mother muttering in Portuguese too.

I love the sound of the Portuguese language. I do not particularly like the sound of Spanish or French - Spanish seems a bit more staccato, French is a bit too gutteral (that might not be the right term but ... meh). I do prefer French to Spanish, though I wonder if part of my preference between those three in particular is due to the inflection native speakers use. The Brazilian Portuguese I've heard just flows a bit more smoothly. Even when yelling. lol