Thread: Acronyms...

10+ Year Old Account

Acronyms...

Ok, first off I am not complaining about acronyms. I have played MMO's long enough to know that they are a staple of online communication so people don't have to take the time to spell everything out. I am also in the military where everything IS an acronym, right down to having one for commen sense (literaly).

Anyway, was just wondering what all of the acronyms used in Rift are. I don't need things like PuG, PvP, AoE...I know all those due to other games. What I would like to know are ones that are used specifically for Rift.

Examples: WoW has MC for Molten Core and BG for Battleground.

General:

WF = Warfront, same as battleground.
    DRR = Daily Raid Rift, a daily quest to close a raid level rift, usually zerged by a group of 20.
    IPP = Iron Pine Peaks (zone)
    EI = Ember Isle (zone)

Raids:

DH = Drowned Halls (10man)
    GP = Guilded Prophecy (10man)
    GSB = Greenscales Blight (20man)
    RotP = Rise of the Phoenix (10man)
    HK = Hammerknell (20man)
    ID = Infernal Dawn (20man coming in 1.8)

Builds:

RS/NB = Riftstalker/Nightblade, current FOTM rogue spec in PvP
    MM = Marksman, rogue ranged soul
    VK = Void Knight, warrior tanking soul
    RB = Riftblade, warrior dps
    Last edited by Tarien; 2012-03-19 at 08:09 PM.

IA = Instant Adventure
    RR = Raid Rift
    DER = Daily Expert Rift

WE-World Event
    MMCR-Master Mode Caduceus Rise
    and hilariously
    BPR-Balloon Popping Raid (only relevant for the current world event, and at that only relevant until Wednesday, cause starting with Phase 4 it becomes more pvp oriented for the next 2 phases).

Nice, I was looking for a place with all the raid acronyms in one spot, googling them each time I forgot what they stood for was getting annoying.

Standard Difficulty Dungeons Available
    - Realm of the Fae (16-17) - Silverwood = ROTF
    - Iron Tomb (18-19) - Freemarch = IT
    - Darkening Deeps (22-23) - Gloamwood = DD
    - Deepstrike Mines (25-26) - Stonefield = DSM
    - The Foul Cascade (29-30) - Scarlet Gorge = FC
    - King's Breach (34-35) - Scarwood Reach = KB
    - Runic Descent (39-40) - Moonshade Highlands = RD
    - Fall of Lantern Hook (43-44) - Droughtlands = LH
    - Abyssal Precipice (49-50) - Iron Pine = AP
    - Charmer's Caldera (49-50) - Shimmersand = CC
    - Caduceus Rise (49-50) - Ember Isle = CR

If you see mmDD or mmCR that means master mode
    If you see DRR that means daily raid Rift
    If you see dER that means daily expert rift

SS = Shimersand
    SM = Stillmoor
    IPP = Iron Pine Peak

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweet guys, thnx a lot for all the info!

THIS IS SOLELY FOR COMEDY PURPOSES!

OP=Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    THIS IS SOLELY FOR COMEDY PURPOSES!

OP=Cleric
    QQ = Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    QQ = Rogue
    I disagree.

QQ = Warrior

No one bitches more than rogues. Shut up. Don't even pretend.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    IA = Instant Adventure
    RR = Raid Rift
    DER = Daily Expert Rift
    Hm I always saw it as DXR for expert rift daily.

"I am looking for someone to follow and help me on this journey into the wastes of the Dragon Soul raid to find and destroy Deathwing. I am in current need of someone capable of high damage per second and someone who can mend our wounds. Thanks in advance!"

That's usually what I ask in trade chat. I hate acronyms. No one takes me seriously because they all rather be lazy and use just letters.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

No-one takes you seriously because you sound like someone who gets into RP.

Stereotypically RPers don't play the acknowlegded cookie-cutters and thus are far less reliable than acronym Jim.

If I saw someone advertising that in chat I wouldn't group with them unless I was incredibly desperate or had a group I knew could carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    No-one takes you seriously because you sound like someone who gets into RP.

Stereotypically RPers don't play the acknowlegded cookie-cutters and thus are far less reliable than acronym Jim.

If I saw someone advertising that in chat I wouldn't group with them unless I was incredibly desperate or had a group I knew could carry them.
    Actually I am not into role play at all. I just think people are lazy. The internet clearly isn't always for me.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    "I am looking for someone to follow and help me on this journey into the wastes of the Dragon Soul raid to find and destroy Deathwing. I am in current need of someone capable of high damage per second and someone who can mend our wounds. Thanks in advance!"

That's usually what I ask in trade chat. I hate acronyms. No one takes me seriously because they all rather be lazy and use just letters.
    Um, wrong forum buddy? No Deathwing in Rift.

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 12:51 PM ----------

Cleric builds that end in "-icar" include the Senticar soul for healing, but most points in a different soul for DPS. It's kinda used as an acronym, as in "Any -icars in raid?" / "Can anyone run -icar?"
    The mmDD and mmCR are now often abbreviated to mDD and mCR.
    I've seen "crifting" used for crafting rifts. Dunno whether this is catching on for real.

-icar actually means something including enough points in JUSTICAR to get Doctrine of Loyalty.
    Senticar, Inquisicar, Shamicar and Cabicar are names for the most popular combinations.

I don't think crifting is going to catch on.

Quote Originally Posted by Primalthirst View Post
    -icar actually means something including enough points in JUSTICAR to get Doctrine of Loyalty.
    Senticar, Inquisicar, Shamicar and Cabicar are names for the most popular combinations.
    You are so right. Teaches me to type fast and leave the fact checking to the internet.

Crifting is what I typically hear for crafting rifts, though not a lot of people advertise for them at all on my server.

And that guy's example message doesn't sound much like a roleplayer at all. Interesting phobia though.