Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Sponge?

I have yet to find sponge but also find a use for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayme View Post
    Sponge?

I have yet to find sponge but also find a use for it.
    There's no legit way of acquiring sponge. You have to use an inventory hack to acquire it (like Too Many Items), same with chain armor.

Sponge is somewhat useful. It soaks up a lot of water or lava and allows you to move it around. It's a much more efficient way of creating lakes/pools than running around with 30 buckets.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RaikouTrio View Post
    Sugar, besides cake it has no uses that come to mind.
    Sugar is also used in speed potions, which can be very handy when maneuvering around mobs.

Also, gold has some use as well. Outside of powered rails, you can break it up into gold nuggets and craft golden apples or glisterine melons, which in turn are used in regenerate health potions.

And don't discount pumpkins as a light source. Aside from glowstone, which requires a trip to the nether, they're the only light source block that is usable underwater and can be farmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the most useless would be lapis, cause its the only ones that doesn't have a secondary use.

Gold tools are great, (except sword), they require the least amount of level to get the same enchants as say a diamond or iron. So its good for those the very infrequent uses like with fortune 3 + unbreaking 3. Gold tools have the fastest mining speed too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Australia View Post
    Egg is most useless
    Easy method of starting chicken farms and used for making cakes. Still more useful than lapis.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Snow would be a lot more useful if you could throw snowballs to add a layer of snow on top of existing blocks. I don't think I've ever had much use for snow blocks other than as a storage medium or for making snow golems. I like making freezers in my homes, but that either requires inventory editing or a long and tedious process of creating the ice needed to make it work since you can't get ice blocks any other way.

Pumpkins are pretty useless, too.
    pupmkins keep endermen away, i keep those at hand.

---------- Post added 2012-04-04 at 01:23 PM ----------

with Buildcraft mod, you need the Lapiz to make markers. But if u play vanilla MC, then yea, they still have some use. making blue blocks, coloring.

Most useless item. hmm. I have to say Gravel, even tho you can "redig" it for more flint
    Last edited by mmoc6a5006fb71; 2012-04-04 at 11:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cobbelstone.
    It has its uses but really, after 20min of digging all you can think about is how to get rid of all that pesky cobblestone as fast as possible.

No one said Rotten Flesh?

Shits annoying.

Oh wait. You CAN in fact use it to feed wolves and breed them. But that's it.

Leaves are by far the most useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaina View Post
    Leaning over an edge isn't a risk. Use shift.

On topic: Guess there isn't really any clear answer. There are a lot of items/blocks that have no purpose to them and/or are weaker than items/blocks that are more easily obtainable, but they all still share a purpose - decoration.

The number of times I've fallen while holding shift I can't count on two hands. Most of which have been in creative so its highly possible I accidentilly let go, but some have been in survival and yeah. . .I died.

Deleted
    Lapis is incredibly useless. I mean, blue blocks? Has anyone actually made these?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felixje0 View Post
    Lapis is incredibly useless. I mean, blue blocks? Has anyone actually made these?
    I did Used it for a pixel picture.

Any time I find Lapis Lazuli when playing with Equivalent exchange, I am always happy as hell. Stuff transmutes into diamonds pretty nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Trendz View Post
    No one said Rotten Flesh?

Shits annoying.

Oh wait. You CAN in fact use it to feed wolves and breed them. But that's it.
    Rotten flesh is actually very good with a mass amount of quantities. It's ability to be abundant underground is what makes it so good.

Quote Originally Posted by zshikara View Post
    The number of times I've fallen while holding shift I can't count on two hands. Most of which have been in creative so its highly possible I accidentilly let go, but some have been in survival and yeah. . .I died.

There was a bug where shift bugged and although you were holding shift it didn't matter... you still fell.

This happend from time to time
    Last edited by Shidare; 2012-04-11 at 07:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    lapis lazuli

other than making a blue floor whats the point of it
    I think the same, no point in the lapis lazuli you can just make a blue floor with it xd

Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    You can use pumpkins as a helmet which is very effective when fighting endermen since it prevents them from warping around. In first person it limits your vision, but you can go into 3rd person and they're a cakewalk.
    Really? I never knew that. That's awesome.

I'd have to go with everyone else to go with Lapis Lazuli, some items that have been mentioned actually have a use in some useful crafting formulas, however Lapis Lazuli just has no point being there except to make a blue decorative floor

Deleted
    gravel -> a useles version of sand which randomly trolls you when your re-building your pillar ladders by procing to much flint leaving you a few blocks short of the desired height.