Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    The answer is, it's intended effect has been reached. In that more people are playing Tanks and Healers in LFG. Pre CTA the queues were getting pretty ridiculous for non Tank's(Upwards of 40 minutes in some cases) and have now come down by a fair margin. Peak times I am maybe waiting about 10-15 minutes at most. Off-Peak slightly longer.
    Queue times sure did get shorter, but waittime is still approx. 10 minutes without any CtA most of the time.. I mean it could potentially get even lower with a more frequent CtA.
    The rewards from CtA are nothing special anyway, so keeping it up more frequently shouldn't cause any problems.
    Not that it really matters for me, since I either queue as tank or queue with guildies.

Are you refering to Hot? HoT dungeons are much much easier to tank and heal than ZG and even the original heroics. So I guess more people are willing to tank and heal those than the others.

Deleted
    CTA 1-2 times a day for the tank, almost never seen it for healer lately, queue time for DPS on my server are 15-20 minutes Peak time... this is kinda annoying since first i leveled a healer to get it, and when i dinged 85 it was never up,, then i leveled tank to get it and when i dinged 85 it was never up aswell
    Last edited by mmoc3280e57a7b; 2012-04-08 at 12:53 AM.

Deleted
    I'm using an addon to inform me, too, so I can take the chance to get some pet or mount even if I'm deep in questing (doing Loremaster) and on a normal day I get 2-3 CTAs as healer. For tanks I see a higher number, about 6-7 times a day. But yes, it seems to work as intended, as DPS I don't have as long queuetimes as I had before CTA was implemented. I can't see, how LFR could cause this, because LFR "consumes" (regarding the tank-heal-dps-ratio) more healers then LFD does (1.2 healers per 5 people in LFR, 1 in LFD), but less tanks (0.4 in LFR vs. 1 in LFD), so if the LFR would be the cause, then we would see an increase in healer CTA.

But yes, in LFR you need a higher ratio of DPS (3.4 in LFR vs. 3 in LFD), so the queuetime for DPS should decrease if LFR was the cause, but without an increase of CTA for healers, it cannot be the reason, at least not the only. Players don't need VP anymore also can't be a reason, 'cause this will affect all roles at a similar ratio, and nothing would happen, only an increase of queuetime for all players could be expected due to less players overall using the LFD.

So, in the end, it really seems to do, for what it was created. It lowers the queuetime for DPS. And it appears that it's really the satchel, which creates the situation, as long as we don't see an increased CTA for healers (and I don't see this, rather the opposite).

Even if it's a bit unpopular nowadays, but I must say, Blizz has done something really right.

i think the massive dps users retired for pandas so less demand= more supply of tanks.. a few more bad tanks joined so theres almost no cta que now.

Its a combination of both LFR and CTA.
    Many DPS are capped with LFR-raiding + one or two dungeons while tanks (and healers) who deny to dps will run a few quick dungeons instead.
    CTA alone will not (fully) work early into an expansion when everyone NEEDS the valor and healers/tanks are unsure if they can live with the "nice" dps-gang they will face in a dungeon.
    --
    The cataclysm broke the world ... and the pandas could not fix it!

This is the only CTA I know of.

"It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

So it sounds like the wait for dps has gone down from 30-40min for dps down to about 10min which is great but when I and a lot of other tanks stop queing because of no satchel, and the wait is still 10min, why not keep offering to let the que drop to 5min or lower for DPS. Are they just saying that they're perfectly happy with DPS waiting 10min then, and that's acceptable?

Deleted
    Whaaat? I just did 4 in a row, no pet or mount mind you. Just gems!