Poll: How would you best define yourself?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    A joke like that would leave a bad taste in my mouth.
    Speaking of which. How you doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't see the correlation either. I don't know any vegetarians, but still. It doesn't really add up.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Speaking of which. How you doing?
    I'm doing great! The shipping rush is over really early today, so I got lots of time to pretend to be working while browsing MMO-C.

I am a meat lover and spiritual. I only know 3 or 4 vegetarians but none of them are spiritual to my knowledge.

This is a hard poll, considering there are those who assume that religiousness equates to spirituality and must go hand-in-hand in order to be an attribute.

I know for certain that I am not a vegan/vegitarian. Sorry, I like meat, and every time I look in the mirror at my teeth, I am assured by the slashing and piercing components of some of them that I can live knowing that I am not an aberration no matter how hard they try to convince me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Longview View Post
    I am a carnivore, and I consider myself a pantheist. However... spiritual would be a stretch.
    No it wouldn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    I understand those people who dont particularly like meat, but im not masochistic to have weird tasting desserts because milk and eggs are a nono for vegans, and there arent any veggies as delicious a juicy medium rare steak or as inexpensive and versatile as eggs(fried, boiled, omelet, scrambled, etc.)

I have a strong belief in a creator deity, that does care about all the sentient life out there, not just one species. I don't believe any single religion can really capture what a being of that magnitude truly encompasses. I think most the religions see but one facet of such a being.

Now that being said, I do eat meat, I tend only to buy it from places I know treated the animals with respect because I believe if we are going to take a creatures life it should be done with respect. So yeah I probably spend a lot more on beef per pound then most people ($7-$8 / lb for ground for example).

But that is just my personal views on it.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSilas View Post
    .....what. Evolution has tens of thousands of hours of research, thousands of books, articles and examples of proof. I'm astounded that you think it's a matter of debate. It is a debate if you've the education of a highschool dropout.
    I think it was and always will be a matter of debate as long as Evolution is nothing more than a theory. You might as well say that the theory of some higher being creating humans is right as well since that is only a theory.

As I said before, I believe that we don't know the answer yet since not enough information has been given to fully support one side or the other.

I am sure Science will find another "missing link" from some newly found skull they dug up that in some way shape or form MAY look SIMILAR to what a human might have looked like.

Don't think I could personally go vegetarian, as an omnivore I feel like I should eat meat, and I do eat it because it's freaking delicious. I have nothing against people who chose not to eat meat though, to each their own. Just don't try to put your eating habits on me and I won't do the same.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most vegs I know are young and rebelious. Pretty much the same with those kids who walk around with Che Guevara tshirts claiming some extreme leftish politics are good. It is something most of them ditch when they grow up though.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2012-03-19 at 11:16 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I know 4 vegetarians
    2 don't meat because they don't like the taste/texture
    2 because of their moral beliefs (1 of whom is an extreme vegan, I think the other does it to fit into a niche)
    All are women
    None of them are even slightly religious.
    The Allies would've definitely lost World War II if the Horde had taken part

Quote Originally Posted by Drofu View Post
    I think it was and always will be a matter of debate as long as Evolution is nothing more than a theory. You might as well say that the theory of some higher being creating humans is right as well since that is only a theory.

As I said before, I believe that we don't know the answer yet since not enough information has been given to fully support one side or the other.

I am sure Science will find another "missing link" from some newly found skull they dug up that in some way shape or form MAY look SIMILAR to what a human might have looked like.
    ....What? I don't even.

But, to be useful in here, As used in science, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.
    Last edited by Fernii; 2012-03-19 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Most vegs I know are young and rebelious. Pretty much the same with those kids who walk around with Che Guevara tshirts claiming some extreme leftish politics are good. It is something most often disband when they grow up though.
    Kids wearing Che Guevara shirts, the ultimate statement of Irony.

I think it was and always will be a matter of debate as long as Evolution is nothing more than a theory.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_theory
    The word "theory" has a different meaning in common language and in scientific language. In the latter it better translates to "well established fact".
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavoo View Post
    Well I do have a penis attached to me as well but I dont know 'a lot' about it, I dont even know how it tastes. Maybe you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycoris View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Deleted
    What makes you speak of such vibrant certainty about someone else's subjective religious beliefs?

It's not a hypothesis. I doubt you know what a theory is, there's a vast sea of scientific proof behind the theory. Regardless, this is probably not the thread to start throwing feces at each other over something that is not the topic at hand.
    You answered it for me.

]It's not a hypothesis. I doubt you know what a theory is, there's a vast sea of scientific proof behind the theory. Regardless, this is probably not the thread to start throwing feces at each other over something that is not the topic at hand.
    I do: "A supposition or a system of ideas intended to explain something" But I agree, this may be for another thread.

I feel similarly. I'd have to become a scientist to understand all the evidence, and lack of evidence, for evolution. Alternatively, I can just believe most of the scientists who agree that evolution is basically a fact. Because they've never been wrong about anything, right?

Far as I see it, how much impact does believing or not believing in evolution have on our lives? Pretty much none. So I'll just fold my hands and wait until the dust settles, same as the global warming debate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Kids wearing Che Guevara shirts, the ultimate statement of Irony.
    Always sad to ask them "Are you aware he was the warden of a famous prison in Havanna in charge of torture and show trials that resulted with massmurder?
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Far as I see it, how much impact does believing or not believing in evolution have on our lives? Pretty much none.
    Actually evolutionary theory has quite a few applications that can impact our daily lives, including medical fields.