Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is what I expected. DotA inside WoW is going to be difficult. They're essentially going to have to design a new game on top of WoW in order for it to really have an impact. I have a feeling that what they had working was probably something like AV, except with multiple lanes and NPCs and decided it was too boring/bland to go with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

15+ Year Old Account
    Or they could just make a game called DotA 2 and not have to put everything in whole damn world into wow.

Item squish has not been dismissed outright, but delayed as stated to be a later expansion.
    Player housing contradicts a lot of what they are trying to achieve, so I am not convinced it will be done, nor is it necessary.
    Player models will very likely have an influence on the weapon/armor behaviour, which would explain why it is no trivial task to update them.

It has been stated elsewhere that that the Dota bg was not implemented due to technical reasons, that the "technology" needed is not yet there and could be introduced later.
    Understandable because it would be stupid of them not to base it around a solid core which could be reused.
    Simply making one quickly to fit only that battleground would be a waste and make future adjustments/fixes more difficult.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea this shit is rly starting to do my head in ay....more cuts more bullshit more drawn out expansions more farming the same tier of crap for a year....their reasoning for slow progress on char models is not everyone will like them ya know some people disliked the female panderan thats a prime example of why they need to make sure things get sorted first...um excuse me...you just stated no matter what people will dislike your shit...when you redo char models either group a will be annoyed or group b will be so just bloody do it already...i mean seriously...another example with the dota bg...what in gods green earth have you been doing since you announced MoP etc...you layed off 600 fucking employees and then say yea we can't get x feature out in time for this expansion...the level of over blizzard that i am right now. Bring on titan already we all know the b grade shitfest of WoW developers are starting to show...bring back an a grade game, bring out titan alrdy.

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 06:55 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    This is what I expected. DotA inside WoW is going to be difficult. They're essentially going to have to design a new game on top of WoW in order for it to really have an impact. I have a feeling that what they had working was probably something like AV, except with multiple lanes and NPCs and decided it was too boring/bland to go with.
    they have the technology to spawn adds and make them run a particular path....they have the technology to limit the number of players per map...they have the technology to make a map with 3 lanes...they have the technology to have distructable buildings and siege weapons ( ioc and wintergrasp etc ) ... there is no reason they couldnt make this map work...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    yea this shit is rly starting to do my head in ay....more cuts more bullshit more drawn out expansions more farming the same tier of crap for a year....their reasoning for slow progress on char models is not everyone will like them ya know some people disliked the female panderan thats a prime example of why they need to make sure things get sorted first...um excuse me...you just stated no matter what people will dislike your shit...when you redo char models either group a will be annoyed or group b will be so just bloody do it already...i mean seriously...another example with the dota bg...what in gods green earth have you been doing since you announced MoP etc...you layed off 600 fucking employees and then say yea we can't get x feature out in time for this expansion...the level of over blizzard that i am right now. Bring on titan already we all know the b grade shitfest of WoW developers are starting to show...bring back an a grade game, bring out titan alrdy.

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 06:55 AM ----------

they have the technology to spawn adds and make them run a particular path....they have the technology to limit the number of players per map...they have the technology to make a map with 3 lanes...they have the technology to have distructable buildings and siege weapons ( ioc and wintergrasp etc ) ... there is no reason they couldnt make this map work...
    First- Please, there is other punctuation besides an ellipsis and chaining them makes it hard for people to understand you.

The new models require redoing every single armor art asset in the game, or at the very least testing every single armor asset in the game.

That's a lot of freaking assets.

And the core mechanics of DotA have nothing to do with buildings or creeps. Like I said, they have all of that and probably tried your idea and found it wanting because there is no leveling or temporary item system like what is found in DotA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Deleted
    As much as I like DOTA and similar games, I frankly don't see it working in a game like WoW any time soon. As such I'm glad they are taking their time in working out how they can implement it without it just being a 3 lane map where you have to kill mobs along the way as well as towers. Frankly, the only way in which I see this working is if they give each player a new character they have to level in the BG, with a limited skillset and which can buy new gear from an in game vendor to upgrade his equipment. And then every new DOTA bg you have to do it again of course. But really, I don't mind the wait at all, I'd rather have them make a solid bg which really feels like the real DOTA than implement a bg which doesn't feel like the real thing and which will just disappoint everyone, those who are now complaining in this thread included.