Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Vanilla PvP Legends?

Sup guys so I wanted to watch some oldschool PvP legends.

All I know is;

- Vurtne

- Drakedog

- Pat? I don't know, he seemed alright.

Does anyone know any other GREAT PvP players way back when?

Stay on topic, please ^-^

15+ Year Old Account
    Swifty probably had the most popular videos, there was another warrior I forget the name of... began with an M...

Dewdrop was an awesome frost mage.

Diati was better than Swifty imo (I played a fury warrior back then), but I haven't seen her videos around since at least mid-TBC? Dunno what happened there.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    there was another warrior I forget the name of... began with an M...
    Maydie perhaps?

PvP in Vanilla was just CC'ing people for full durations and watching them sit there.
    Last edited by Youarefired; 2012-03-20 at 07:41 AM.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

10+ Year Old Account
    Grim (rogue) I remember watching his footage.

Quote Originally Posted by Youarefired View Post
    PvP in Vanilla was just CC'ing people for full durations wasn't it?
    I don't know, I started in BC.

Even if you say is true, Vurtne is a great player to watch on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    Swifty probably had the most popular videos, there was another warrior I forget the name of... began with an M...

Dewdrop was an awesome frost mage.

Diati was better than Swifty imo (I played a fury warrior back then), but I haven't seen her videos around since at least mid-TBC? Dunno what happened there.

I believe you might be thinking of Indalamar, he showed everyone just how big a hits warriors could dish out. So much so to the point where warriors got nerfed.

As a side note, Indalamar is also a weapons designer for WOW. There is an axe named after him in ICC.

Ramaladni's Axe of Culling.

Ramaladni is Indalamar backwards. hehe.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2012-03-20 at 09:25 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Laintime (warrior) and Grim (rogue), both had entertaining videos.

Maydie, but he always had a lot of pocket healers, there's a footage of a Rogue (Think it was Grim) who actually killed Maydie while naked. But rogues had some crazy CC's back then.

Found the vid, it was the good old "World of Roguecraft" which was pretty popular

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...5177695043805#

Maydie:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...2967686627023#
    Last edited by Lushious; 2012-03-20 at 09:26 AM.

My hero when I was a young warrior. aniz

Deleted
    -Laintime
    -Grim
    -Niar
    -Maydie
    -Drakedog
    -Vurtne
    -Pat
    -Polzie
    -Gegon
    -Mute
    -Seksi
    -Unbreakable

To name a few

Thanks guys so far. Been looking at all the vids - they're all so entertaining @_@ - and seem more like a proper montage than most nowadays.

Deleted
    Is any of them still playing ? Besides Swifty.

Deleted
    Unbreakable was legendary man, those proc-fests...

Deleted
    Don't really mean to make this too much about swifty, but honestly, when I first saw his "Amazing warrior tricks" I think they were called, I was pretty impressed. He did some stuff I had never seen before, and made use of game-mecanics that were pretty impressive. But nowadays in his videos, he is really rubbish? I mean, I honestly considered him on the top tier of warriors in vanilla, but today, he is honestly pretty bad looking at arena videos, duels, bg's and so on.
    I'm not saying that he has ever dubbed himself the best warrior ever or anything, but I just can't understand that the player playing now is the same as he was 5-6 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeneta View Post
    Don't really mean to make this too much about swifty, but honestly, when I first saw his "Amazing warrior tricks" I think they were called, I was pretty impressed. He did some stuff I had never seen before, and made use of game-mecanics that were pretty impressive. But nowadays in his videos, he is really rubbish? I mean, I honestly considered him on the top tier of warriors in vanilla, but today, he is honestly pretty bad looking at arena videos, duels, bg's and so on.
    I'm not saying that he has ever dubbed himself the best warrior ever or anything, but I just can't understand that the player playing now is the same as he was 5-6 years ago.
    I personally think he's shit. Ok, maybe not that bad, but his fellow teammates seem to carry him to the heavens. ( Catoonz anyone? )

Deleted

When people just started raiding MC and most didn't even had a 100% mount because it did cost 1000g (skill + mount without reputation bonus).

Deleted
    Grim and Vurtne were the kings of Vanilla pvp.
    All the random 1shotting warriors carried by off-screen healers and Unbreakable running around 1shotting based on a proc was nothing more than fun watch. Grim and Vurtne however were both on a completely different skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    Grim and Vurtne were the kings of Vanilla pvp.
    All the random 1shotting warriors carried by off-screen healers and Unbreakable running around 1shotting based on a proc was nothing more than fun watch. Grim and Vurtne however were both on a completely different skill level.
    Agreed. Something about Vurtne's gameplay style I love to bits. I checked out Grim and he was pretty entertaining to watch too

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    I believe you might be thinking of Indalamar, he showed everyone just how big a hits warriors could dish out. So much so to the point where warriors got nerfed.

As a side note, Indalamar is also a weapons designer for WOW. There is an axe named after him in ICC.

Ramaladni's Axe of Culling.

Ramaladni is Indalamar backwards. hehe.
    Source on him being a "weapons designer?"

There was also a helmet named after Landsoul (one of the arguably best (PvE)warriors in the world) in ICC.
    There is a helmet named after Zeherah (creator of the Hunter DPS analyzer Femaledwarf.com) currently available via Valor Points.