10+ Year Old Account

Help Me Break Into Inscription

So I'm thinking of trying to break into Inscription on my server. I already own (yes OWN) the gem market and I want to make more gold as it's really starting to slow down/stagnate towards the end of the xpac. I know scribes can/do make tons of gold but I really don't know where to start. I have a max level scribe with all the recipes I can learn from the 2 researches, leaving only the Book of Glyph Mastery ones left to get. I have several of those already as well, probably 15 in total and I'm buying up all the books I see on the AH and trying to farm them myself. So my real question is how to I go about getting started. I currently use TSM for my gems and I know how to set that up so that's not a problem, but what to do from there? Do I just list every glyph that's profitable or should I go for the ones that I know are main spec glyphs (3 or 4 for each spec)? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

Deleted
    Something I started with recently is making fortune cookies, sell insane (above 200g a stack) on my realm. Just buy any cata herb around 20-25g a stack, and make fortune cookies like a bawz.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to do that but for whatever reason here suddenly there are no herbs on the AH at all for under 5g a piece. I'm flat out not paying 100g a stack for cinderbloom or whiptail. It's crazy.
    "I am the hope of the universe. I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent. I am the light in the darkness. I am truth. Ally to good! Nightmare to you!!!"

It's exactly the same as with gems m8, craft - calculate gold spend on mats and set minimum price for posting above it. If you're facing serious competition you can crash market few times posting at minimim price + 5-10g, quite a few may withdraw from market. Can as well check what glyphs are way to go for all specs in pvp/pve and minor glyphs so you'll be able to avoid zero-demand once.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    So I'm thinking of trying to break into Inscription on my server. I already own (yes OWN) the gem market and I want to make more gold as it's really starting to slow down/stagnate towards the end of the xpac. I know scribes can/do make tons of gold but I really don't know where to start.
    I'd avoid inscription with a very long stick right now.

Books of glyph mastery are very expensive relative to the glyph prices that you earn from them and the MoP beta is just about to drop which severely dents future income. (It's likely that Blizz will finally make Glyph Mastery books a bunch easier to come by, or make all the glyph recipes learnable eventually via research. This further dents future income form glyph mastery books.

the plus to inscription is that there might well be a new glut of glyph sales when the prime glyphs get toasted come MoP release (or more likely the 5.0 release, pre full MoP) and people buy many new glyphs of hotness to look like trees permanently etc OR existing Prime glyphs will be converted to their newer counterpart glyphs so there might not be a big surge in glyph sales, not to mention that many other hopeful scribes will be posting new glyphs up as fast as they can learn them to try to take advantage of new expac sales.

So much is unknown about the details of how glyphs and inscription will work come new expac that it's a big gamble in time spent that may or may not pay off. Big gambles might be your bag, in which case crack on, I'm spending my time in other markets stockpiling stuff right now.

Quote Originally Posted by shootyadead View Post
    I would love to do that but for whatever reason here suddenly there are no herbs on the AH at all for under 5g a piece.
    Likely due to a ban wave of botters combined with stockpilers. Less bot gathered herbs/ore/cloth is a very very good thing for the WoWEconomy. (One of the reasons farming is so lucrative in the few days following an expac is because all of the bots are broken)