Deleted

Is ret paladins DPS as RNG/procs dependant as Frost DK's?

Is ret paladins DPS as RNG/procs dependant as Frost DK's?
    I've played Enh.shammy/blood DK/prot pally since Wrath, but im tired of collecting Gear, Ach, mounts etc on several different chars and have decided to stick with only 1 char.
    I want a char with reliable DPS and a tank OS. I find the DK's DPS way to proccy (doing well in LFR but I miss the steady DPS my Enh. has), and hence I've started gearing my pally instead. In high end raids is the pally DPS "solid" or affected by procs like the DK?
    I know a lot of Ret. dmg comes from CD's and Zealotry, but im curious about the proccy'ness since i find my DK DPS too unstable

Thx in advance

10+ Year Old Account
    For bosses not really! my dps stays steady around 35-42k dps for bosses, depending on which fight it is, but for trash pulls RNG can certainly rear it's ugly head. One day through the whole yor'sahj trash, there was only one art of war proc and two divine purpose procs, and consequently my dps suffered badly for it. That level of unluckiness has only happened once though, besides that one glaring moment in time, I haven't noticed anything bad to say about it!

edit: now that I read the question and typed what I had to say, I realized yes, ret paladins are currently fairly proc dependant lol
    Last edited by LeClaires; 2012-03-20 at 09:57 AM.
    I have men kneeling at my feet, asking for my hand in heroics. ~Raechelle, Ysera

Armoury:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...echelle/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    LeClaries summed it up nicely. It evens out pretty well across long encounters (read: bosses), but in short fights RNG can make or break you by quite a large margin. It shouldn't hurt you on anything that matters at any rate and t13 2pc alleviates a little bit of the stress by giving you an extra source of Holy Power.

Deleted
    K, thx for the replies
    I measure my DPS from run to run to ensure im doing the best I can, and I find the DK DPS too proccy.
    I think Ill give my Ret Pally a shot

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my Ret, there is some rng involved yes, but it's not as bad as Fire. Blizzard also said they made the spec less rng dependant in MoP, maybe something to consider.

Deleted
    ret is still really proccy and with not enough aow procs and low haste your stuck with empty globals or spaming consecration till your oom.
    yes thats right a melle dps char going oom due to rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Mezuga View Post
    K, thx for the replies
    I measure my DPS from run to run to ensure im doing the best I can, and I find the DK DPS too proccy.
    I think Ill give my Ret Pally a shot
    I have both classes and if you find frost procs bewildering you will struggle more as ret having to deal with 2 or 3 times as much procs - mainly because ret has more of them
    In my opinion stick with frost - it's rime proc is not resource dependant and killing machine just makes your abillities crit so you can use as normal. Hope this helps
    Come forth coward and answer for your crimes!!

Deleted
    Dont think frost is so much proc based... On my paly, proc can do nice extra d´g but when im unlucky with rng i can still do pretty solid dps like with frost... If u dont like it stick to unholy dk... Its mainly about ur resource management