Poll: After watching the video, what do you think?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearshield View Post
    I believe it is proper if the man pays for the first date, has nothing to do with sex because I was never whore enough to sleep with a man on the first date. I see no problem with alternating who pays after that though.
    I wouldn't necessarily call a girl who sleeps with a man on the first date a whore... I've slept with women on the first date, and I certainly don't think people would consider me a man-whore.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily call a girl who sleeps with a man on the first date a whore... I've slept with women on the first date, and I certainly don't think people would consider me a man-whore.
    I'm old fashioned, a lady doesn't sleep with a man on the first date. It's different for a guy. The only exception I could make is if it's a situation where the two have known each other well for awhile now and finally decided to take it to the next level.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, when I bought everyone a round of beer, does that make them all hoes?
    If your friends wouldn't hang out with you without you paying their beer, it makes them assholes, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel Tyrael View Post
    Because I ''respect'' their space/food.

I just don't think it is right to be touching on another person's plate, even if it is my boyfriend/girlfriend/friend.

OT: I find it troublesome that people would ever assume that dinner = sex, regardless of who opts to pay.

I always pay for dinner, tickets, vacations, etc. because I can and I like the feeling of being the provider, but I wouldn't expect reciprocity in the form of sex for me simply doing what I feel is right.

If you have ulterior motives and associate buying dinner with some debt owed, you should probably go get yourself a cheap prostitute so you're not disappointed by a nice, normal date.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

10+ Year Old Account
    First date I can understand...
    I can "understand" too, everybody likes free food. But "you pay or I won't date with you!", even if it is the first date, it isn't "understandable" to me.

It's an old courting thing. Man pays to prove he can take care of her. Father pays for the man to marry his daughter via dowry.

It's tradition that's morphed, but stuck. Man buying dinner, etc, courting. Bride's parents paying for the wedding, dowry.

Just because someone buys you something doesn't mean you'll give them sex. Did you give your parents sex when they bought you all those gifts as a kid? Or paid for your college or whatever else. Your friends who just got you gifts I'm pretty sure weren't expecting you to have sex with them, unless you have a mutual understanding of "friends with benefits."

However, if you want to call buying someone dinner prostitution, then technically you can call anything prostitution. All forms of monetary, political, social, even menial intent to gain something, basically doing anything to get something in return, could then be technically called prostitution. Have fun with that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Tanks are bowls. Healers are milk. DPS is the cereal. If you don't have a bowl, nothing's going anywhere but where you don't want it. If your milk's bad, the whole meal is instantly ruined. If there is not enough cereal, the whole meal is a failure and you aren't satisfied.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Paying for dinner is not about sex or prostitution, it's about being a gentleman.

Believe me, they're out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hraklea View Post
    I can "understand" too, everybody likes free food. But "you pay or I won't date with you!", even if it is the first date, it isn't "understandable" to me.
    Whoever invites the other person out on the date should pay.

It just so happens that most of the time men ask for the date...

(Almost no one ever says "you pay or I won't date with you!", that's pretty rude)

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't believe this thread is still going to be honest. Furthermore I can't believe this is a serious question.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Botter View Post
    I can't believe this thread is still going to be honest. Furthermore I can't believe this is a serious question.
    Edit: I guess I should look at the poll and not just read the thread.
    Last edited by Reeve; 2012-03-20 at 03:39 PM.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

No.. honestly though, I'd split the bill I don't feel right when people pay for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think that the assumption that men are supposed to pay for everything is incredibly outdated. You can't have equal representation in the workplace and still expect men to pay. Prostitution, not exactly, but if they expect you to pay for everything it is pretty damned close. Should you start dating regularly then I do not see a problem with it and would treat it like I do meals with friends. If I pay I know that they will notice and appreciate it and try to reciprocate.

"Chivalry is dead and women killed it."

Last edited by Roose; 2012-03-20 at 04:01 PM.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    There are women out there who go out on dates just for a free meal. They have no interest in the guy, yet will go out with them expecting the man to pay. Its a good thing that my current GF isn't like that. I used to have one that was pretty much 90% me, 10% her, and she'd still complain to her mom that I do not pay. Some men might feel more comfortable paying for everything and I'm not one of those. You're not a gentlemen because you pay for everything, you're a gentlemen because of how you treat the woman overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I'd assume we'd split the bill, unless otherwise stated.
    I don't mind him paying of course (who doesn't like free stuff?) but seems a bit like I'm taking advantage if I make him pay every time.
    Some women do that...

The bad kind of women...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Some women do that...

The bad kind of women...
    Some women take advantage of men, and some men take advantage of women.

Kind of balances itself out I guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical black dude only expecting sex from spending monies,its just this PC bollox gone out of control. My case in point,is it sexist to hold the door for a woman? If the OP is a man then fair doos but if its a woman trying to make a point then iron this shirt and get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich!

I'l pay you later....

<Infracted>
    Last edited by Dacien; 2012-03-20 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Typical black dude only expecting sex from spending monies,its just this PC bollox gone out of control. My case in point,is it sexist to hold the door for a woman? If the OP is a man then fair doos but if its a woman trying to make a point then iron this shirt and get back in the kitchen and make me a sammich!

I'l pay you later....
    You've managed to be sexist, racist, and grammatically tragic in a single post. Congrats on achieving the trifecta of fail.
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    You've managed to be sexist, racist, and grammatically tragic in a single post. Congrats on achieving the trifecta of fail.
    LOL that was win!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relentless View Post
    I am hearing Dicky V. "It's a trifecta of fail, baby!"
    I like sandwiches

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The bill should be split. You pay for what you eat.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.