Earthbind totem - quick question for heroic madness

I was curious if this helps slow the bloods on phase 2.

Deleted
    Sadly I've not quite gotten past the 4th platform yet myself so can't tell you honestly but it seems a lot of guides are recommending aoe snares be used on them, (e.g. Chillbalins/Blast Wave etcetera) so I see no reason why earthbind wouldn't work if those do. However I would be very surprised if the elemental talent to have earthbind root victims as well as snare were to work on the bloods.

The raids aoe should be strong enough to zerg them down (especially due to spellwave mechanics) before they even get close to the boss, but ye if other slow effects work, the EB slow should aswell.

GL on the last encounter of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by xeefu View Post
    I was curious if this helps slow the bloods on phase 2.
    Earthbind does work, the snare from ele does not. However in order for earthbind to work on the bloods you have to drop it after they spawn. I'm not sure why this is, and if youre dpsing it might not be worth the gcd unless you're the only slow in your raid group. A quick and easy way / example of this is to go into Grim Batol and on the last boss an already existing earthbind will not slow the adds, however if you redrop it after they spawn it slows them. Works the same way for bloods. GL on HC DW!
    Last edited by Kestaa; 2012-04-07 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Spelling

Yes it does work. As a resto, the dmg isnt bad at that time so you can afford the GCD to drop it as a safety snare to keep them grouped after frost trap or DnD. If you are Ele though, I agree with the earleir poster that you should be doing CL spam and just killing them.

it helped on my guilds kill attempt madness!

10+ Year Old Account
    Use a combination of Thunderstorm (with glyph) and Earthbind. Both slow sufficiently.