Fix My Monk
Purpose of this thread:
- To assist people who have made an effort into their damage yet are struggling to meet their expected numbers. If you have exhausted other avenues and don't know what to do for further improvement this is the thread for you.
- To allow experienced players to share their oozing nuggets of wisdom with those eager to learn. Everyone who has a solution to share is welcome to contribute.
- Make sure you've read the relevant sticky guide (Windwalker, Brewmaster, Mistweaver) and understand the basics of preparing your spec. This thread isn't for teaching you how to gem, glyph, enchant correctly or of the basics of stat priority and rotation usage.
- Don't just throw up links to your armory or logs and expect somebody to dig through it. Explain what you're not satisfied with, what you want to become better at and/or tell us when you think you're lacking.
- Any resources you have which can detail the problem are useful. Warcraft Logs parses are especially helpful, but in the worst case other types of information like prints of Recount could suffice. To create World of Logs parses, simply type /combatlog into your chat ingame. Your combatlog will then be saved as a .txt in your WoW > Logs folder. Once leave combat or finish raiding for the day you can upload that log to your account on World of Logs.
-Most people have the same problems. Chances are you aren't keeping Tiger Power, Shuffle, Renewing Mists up, or using Rising Sun Kick, Fists of Fury, etc, enough. Please check these things first, it may be a simple change that will save everyone time.
To figure out maximum number of casts: Fight length (seconds) divided by spell cooldown
Example: Butcher - 4 Minute (240s fight), Fists of Fury - 25s cooldown
240s / 25s = 9 possible casts
What to post:
Use the template below, be as specific as you can, you will get more help that way.
[B]Combat Log Parse (WoL/WCL)[/B]:
What NOT to post:
- A question thats blatantly answered in your specs stickied guide.
- Stealth bragging damage logs.
- "Is Gear A > Gear B?" queries those are often best simulated using SimCraft on your own character to find a personal solution, see below for instructions on how to use SimCraft
- Theorycrafting discussions should be kept in their respective guide thread
How to help:
- Quote the user you wish to help.
- Flame or trolling such as "L2P issue" will not be tolerated at all.
- Make your post as clear as you can.
Try to keep the thread as clean as possible, any new thread regarding DPS help will be merged with this one and original thread closed.
What is SimulationCraft?
SimulationCraft is a tool to explore combat mechanics in World of Warcraft. It's a tool which simulates in-game combat based on variables you've set, like class, spec, gear, buffs/debuffs, ability prioritization, encounter type, fight length etc, then provides you with a breakdown of statistics similar to a World of Logs parse. SimulationCraft simulates combat tens of thousands of times to create as accurate avarages as possible.
It's most commonly used to find personal stat weights, find or test optimal ability prioritizations, test different gear approaches, or simply confirm that you're doing a good job at the combat dummy.
Simple 7-Step Guide to Using SimulationCraft
- Download from http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft/
- Run the program and click the Options-tab. Specify the specifics of the simulation you want to do and how many times to simulate it.
- Scroll through the Buff/Debuff panes selecting the relevant spells (realistically you won't be getting Dark intent for example)
- Scroll through Scaling/Plot panes selecting all relevant Warrior stats (or just select everything). Note that simulating scaling for stat weights takes a lot of time and if you're not interested in finding your stat weights you should uncheck everything here
- Click Import, either pasting your armory link into the textbox at the bottom of the software or selecting the chardev pane and pasting the link for that under that heading
- Once imported click simulate and wait patiently
- This should show stat weights and an overall dps estimation. Through using altered chardev profiles you can estimate the potential benefit/loss from any specific gear change