1. #1

    "Wanderer's Special" and Hidden Brewmaster Effect

    Is this our hidden Artifact effect for Brewmaster?

    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=213435/...see-also-other


    Wanderer's Special 1.25 min cooldown
    Instant
    Requires Monk
    Drink deep from Fu Zan's special Brew, granting you the power of flaming breath, fortitude, or elusiveness.
    Gives one of 3 buffs

    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=213436/wanderers-special - Triggers Breath of fire dealing X damage (6 second duration)

    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=213438/wanderers-special - Increases maximum health by 15% (6 second duration)

    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=213437/...see-also-other - 50% dodge chance (6 second duration)


    Currently the only info on Brewmasters Hidden effect is

    "Brewmaster
    Hidden Effect: Your monk has a little extra to say when he or she is drunk!"
    But so far, being tipsy/drunk/smashed, using brews (ironskin, etc) does not appear to trigger this in any way.


    Please blizzard, throw us a fucking bone. What is it?

  2. #2
    I think it would make sense, considering where we get it from ....

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuskchi View Post
    I think it would make sense, considering where we get it from ....
    I've done so much looking into this and have literally nothing to show for it to the point where I'm about to say fuck it, I don't even care anymore.

    Good job Blizzard, really cool Hidden effect that is so hidden, no one knows what the fuck it is.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Siphonfilter20 View Post
    I've done so much looking into this and have literally nothing to show for it to the point where I'm about to say fuck it, I don't even care anymore.

    Good job Blizzard, really cool Hidden effect that is so hidden, no one knows what the fuck it is.
    You're legitimately really salty about this, considering you felt the need to make this thread when there was already a thread about this that you posted in.

    Is there a reason to be this upset about this? Because to me, the present lack of a hidden effect doesn't topple the sheer badassery of being able to have the weapon on our shoulder.

  5. #5
    I know you probably won't see this until you're unbanned, but I'm going to poke a hole in the theory of this here.

    Hidden Effect: Your monk has a little extra to say when he or she is drunk!
    This shit you've been quoting for a while is a snippet from a post lower on the page:

    I just found out that Brewmaster Monk with his artifact sings some songs when he is completily smashed, that's probably important and could be a hidden effect of the artifact
    Nobody in the post's replies, or after that time, have been able to duplicate what this person says, myself included. The article/guide was just updated from a cite-less user post. Yes, it probably should've been verified, but it wasn't.

    I'm going to assume that any hidden artifact abilities that have not been found yet, after months of searching, aren't in or working correctly.

    EDIT: Also, Wanderer's Special was a very early beta trait that got removed.

    What I thought it'd be was this here.
    Last edited by stross01; 2016-10-08 at 06:09 PM.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    I'm going to assume that any hidden artifact abilities that have not been found yet, after months of searching, aren't in or working correctly.
    Not willing to necro a post, but on that topic I just found something unusual today. When standing in the rain, bubbles come out of the mouth in Brewmaster spec. I tried to change spec and in both MW and WW there was no bubble. Is it finally the hidden Fuzan effect ? Was it fixed in 7.2 ? Never noticed this before... Just go in Stormheim in a rainy area to see it.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow82 View Post
    Not willing to necro a post, but on that topic I just found something unusual today. When standing in the rain, bubbles come out of the mouth in Brewmaster spec. I tried to change spec and in both MW and WW there was no bubble. Is it finally the hidden Fuzan effect ? Was it fixed in 7.2 ? Never noticed this before... Just go in Stormheim in a rainy area to see it.
    If you were in a pvp area, it's your honor talents.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Siphonfilter20 View Post
    Good job Blizzard, really cool Hidden effect that is so hidden, no one knows what the fuck it is.
    And what about Mistweavers? I'm sure Blizzard just forgot to add their hidden effect at all.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    And what about Mistweavers? I'm sure Blizzard just forgot to add their hidden effect at all.
    or all specs dont have a hidden ability.

  10. #10
    I assume the lack of brewmaster hidden effect is another victim of Blizzard not caring about our class, let alone spec.

    Its the same reason we're:
    - the only spec with two legendary items for the belt slot, Gai Plin's and Cinidaria (guess which 2 I had drop first...)
    - the only tanking class without meaningful cooldowns. (No, a single CD on ~4min timer doesn't count when practically every other tank has at least 3 CDs of varying timers)
    - it took a good 6 months for our keg items to stack, when other class items stacked from launch

    Basically, monks seem to be an afterthought at Blizzard HQ.

  11. #11
    - spec that was represented on 3/3 Guldan Mythic WF (Exorsus, Serenity, Method)

    Afterthought? Yes (no)

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodion View Post
    I assume the lack of brewmaster hidden effect is another victim of Blizzard not caring about our class, let alone spec.

    - it took a good 6 months for our keg items to stack, when other class items stacked from launch

    Basically, monks seem to be an afterthought at Blizzard HQ.
    Warlocks had to wait the same amount of time; priest items not only don't stack, they fade away after a few hours, rogue items still don't stack and instead have limited charges (which means they never will stack). Try again.

    And you are complaining about BrM Monks being what, a poor tank? Do you want everyone to laugh at you?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by porubezhnik View Post
    Afterthought? Yes (no)
    Performance != quality design... just look at bears, they have the most braindead rotation ever yet perform incredibly well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Warlocks had to wait the same amount of time; priest items not only don't stack, they fade away after a few hours, rogue items still don't stack and instead have limited charges (which means they never will stack). Try again.
    Other classes also being afterthoughts or lacking in effort on Blizz's part doesn't mean Brewmasters had all the attention and care they should have. If anything it shows there are lots of details Blizz have overlooked for lots of classes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    And you are complaining about BrM Monks being what, a poor tank? Do you want everyone to laugh at you?
    Please, point out where I said anything of the sort? I'm talking about available CDs, not overall performance of the spec... two totally different things.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodion View Post
    Other classes also being afterthoughts or lacking in effort on Blizz's part doesn't mean Brewmasters had all the attention and care they should have. If anything it shows there are lots of details Blizz have overlooked for lots of classes.
    Please, point out where I said anything of the sort? I'm talking about available CDs, not overall performance of the spec... two totally different things.
    If all the classes are afterthoughts none of them are; they've all received the same amount of thought. Of the classes that got special items from a class hall research trait the only one that got that feature stacking properly from the start were Demon Hunters. Meanwhile the monk items were far more flavorful than the DH and Warlock items which were largely boring flat bonuses.

    If BrM had more cooldowns, then the spec would be broken OP. You cannot be asking for more cooldowns for a class that clearly doesn't need them, if BrM had more cooldowns they'd be as broken as bears are.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    If BrM had more cooldowns, then the spec would be broken OP. You cannot be asking for more cooldowns for a class that clearly doesn't need them, if BrM had more cooldowns they'd be as broken as bears are.
    That is kind of my point, it would take more effort to give them more cooldowns and balance around that. Blizz took the lazy approach, fewer cooldowns... easier to "balance", yet still failing at that.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodion View Post
    That is kind of my point, it would take more effort to give them more cooldowns and balance around that.
    Why? Different tank specs should be different.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Grobovshik View Post
    Why? Different tank specs should be different.
    Yes, tank specs should be different... but not at the expense of lack of options for some specs. I don't mean for every tanking spec to have exactly X cooldowns and exactly Y abilities. But the fact is all other tanks have at least a few meaningful cooldowns, Brewmasters do not.... we lost so many in the last couple of rounds of pruning.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lodion View Post
    Yes, tank specs should be different... but not at the expense of lack of options for some specs. I don't mean for every tanking spec to have exactly X cooldowns and exactly Y abilities. But the fact is all other tanks have at least a few meaningful cooldowns, Brewmasters do not.... we lost so many in the last couple of rounds of pruning.
    Zen-med, fort brew and dampen harm are more than enough. We dont need more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •