Simcrafting Soulcap

I added this line to the APL:

actions+=/cancel_buff,name=spirit_shift,if=buff.maalus.remains<0.5&buff.spirit_shift.remains<4.1

After playing around with the 0.5 and 4.1 values a lot, it was always a dps loss.

Maybe canceling the buff on simcraft doesn't trigger an explosion, but I don't know how to find out.

I'm actually not sure off-hand if it's implemented or not (I just work on the monk class module, not so much the specialty items). I'll ask around.

Edit:

In the action list in the report is that line being called at any point (a number will be present at the start of the line next to the symbol associated with that line)?

From what I'm hearing is that it might be currently set so that the explosion is triggered on expire and not cancel debuff.

If the action list is not triggering that line, can you add this to the issue list in the SimC GitHub site?

https://github.com/simulationcraft/simc/issues/new
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2015-09-03 at 05:49 AM.

You can probably fin out from the normal HTML report, but you can certainly get it from a log. In the normal HTML report, open the "Action Priority List" section. Find the number or letter for the cancel_buff action. Then in the "Sample Sequence" find that letter. That corresponds to it triggering that line in your action list.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokrick View Post
    You can probably fin out from the normal HTML report, but you can certainly get it from a log. In the normal HTML report, open the "Action Priority List" section. Find the number or letter for the cancel_buff action. Then in the "Sample Sequence" find that letter. That corresponds to it triggering that line in your action list.
    Thanks, I had a look at what you said and found out I needed to add:
    &buff.maalus.up

I'm still not sure if cancelling is triggering a soul cap explosion though.

This is the new line I'm using:
    actions+=/cancel_buff,name=spirit_shift,if=buff.maalus.remains<0.5&buff.maalus.up&buff.spirit_shift. remains<4.1

Dps has went up to roughly the same as if the line wasn't there, though it's a rare scenario that won't happen on many fights.

Edit: Just seeing your edit now Hina, will get to that later in the day.