The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Shadowfiend Rotation on Heroic Madness

Working on Heroic Madness this week (we're slow... I know )

Just wondering when people had been using shadowfiend (MS/MB) rotation generally?

I've been assuming either on the bolt or during Cataclysm. I'm assuming that there isn't enough time to get it up for both.

Any other general pointers for this fight as shadow are appreciated as well! Thanks!
    www.mostlydead.enjin.com - We're recruiting!

Basicly I use fiend on the 1st parasite of a platform and AA with it or on bolt.

15+ Year Old Account
    I use 2pc/2pc on this fight along with Warmaster, I find on multidot fights the extra fiends are amazing, should give it a try, I use helm and shoulders t12 so I can keep H spine gloves on

I keep and and well most of the time do more then the other priest in 4pc on those fights and he has DI, FM and tricks, I have nothing.
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2012-03-23 at 11:22 PM.
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by Mogling View Post
    Basicly I use fiend on the 1st parasite of a platform and AA with it or on bolt.
    this is what i've been doing, i don't know about 10 man but the parasite gets killed before fiend goes down so i'll just use the rest of it on the mutation

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    I use 2pc/2pc on this fight along with Warmaster, I find on multidot fights the extra fiends are amazing, should give it a try, I use helm and shoulders t12 so I can keep H spine gloves on
    kinda losing a lot of stats doing that, and the reason sfiend is good is because you can spike spam.

So far I've been using it on the pull, having it ready for cataclysm. Then it's available before the bolt I use it, if not I save it for cataclysm. The fight is such a joke you may as well just pad some meters (if you are actually struggling to kill stuff then just save it for whatever you're struggling with; bolt / parasite / corruption / blistering)

I think i`ve used it only for cataclysm from the begining. I might have used it on the parasite the first few tries, but then when we learned the fight I saw that the parasite is going down properly, no problems with the bolt ... so i was using it for every cataclysm and then the final burn after the 10% adds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rekinash View Post
    I think i`ve used it only for cataclysm from the begining. I might have used it on the parasite the first few tries, but then when we learned the fight I saw that the parasite is going down properly, no problems with the bolt ... so i was using it for every cataclysm and then the final burn after the 10% adds
    If you're not using your cooldowns for anything specific, why not just spend the them as you get them? Surely waiting 2+ minutes between CDs is worse than just using AA / SF by themselves. The faster you kill everything, the faster everyone gets on the tentacle to kill it in time, so it's not like you need to save cooldowns specifically for Cataclysm.
    {[( )]}

First parasite on every platform...probably more DPS to use them during Cataclysm but if the burst is needed to ensure the parasite actually goes down, it's the best time for it.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    After spending some time on it last night, it seems like the most burst is needed on the mutated corruption (for our group). The parasite seems to go down rather quickly. I also have been dispersing the second impales, so I'm attempting to remain just behind the tank in threat so the melee dps don't have to run out and the corruption will thus die quicker.

Anything sounding stupid with the above ideas please let me know

15+ Year Old Account
    In 10m my guild doesn't freaking help me with parasites or elementium bolts >.> We go Green --> Red --> Yellow --> Blue, so this is generally how I do it (I also tank every second impale with dispersion):

Platform 1: DoTs on Green Arm Tentacle + Yellow Arm Tentacle (our melee start on blue Wing Tentacle), Sfiend + AA on Corruption when it spawns, DoTs on parasite 1 (Alexstrasza does 30% of its hp in damage to help me out here, and I have 15 seconds instead of 10 to burn it because Nozdormu's time distortion bubble is down, MS/MB on bolts, Parasite 2 gets AoE'd down with the blood after the corruption dies.

Platform 2: same as platform 1.

Platform 3: I no longer have Alexstrasza helping me, so I save AA+Sfiend for burning Parasite 1, and for Parasite 2 I put up VT/Pain/DP and then sear the blood - generally this one really hurts though.

Platform 4: I no longer have Alex or Nozdormu helping, so since we don't have a time distortion bubble we detonate the Parasite (1) at the side of the Corruption closest to the Wing Tentacle and our arms warrior cleaves into it and I again save AA+Sfiend for Parasite 1 - but all the other doucheapotamus bads keep single targetting the double damage corruption to pad meters.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmm we had all the dps switching to the parasite. You can kill it on the first two platforms alone? Or maybe we could just have ranged get it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lwalker8 View Post
    hmm we had all the dps switching to the parasite. You can kill it on the first two platforms alone? Or maybe we could just have ranged get it?
    You can just have ranged get it, if your getting through heroic spine you should have someone capable of soloing it - particularly if they are floating cooldowns for it like heroic spine tendon burns - its about the same duration after all - also the damage below 30% hp isn't too bad, it doesn't need to die always (though I pretty much always kill it to help healers).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter