Poll: Which Doctor was the best?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Dr. Who: Who's the best Doctor?

Who was the best Doctor Who and why?
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Perhaps you should've made this a poll.
    I did. It doesn't let you put in the poll until the thread is up first, and it takes a while to put in 11 names.

Deleted
    Tom Baker ftw.

10+ Year Old Account
    david tennant...he had much better relationships with his companions >.<

i could happily watch the same episode 50 times...with matt smith i barely want to watch it once...just to see what the story is -.-

My vote is biased, only really started watching the show when Matt Smith was in the role.

David Tennant +1

Although have to say I've never seen any of the earlier doctors (before the 9th...).

10+ Year Old Account
    I started watching when Christopher Eccleston was the lead . But David Tennant was a much better Doctor .

10+ Year Old Account
    I started my Doctor Who experience with Christopher Eccleston and I remember feeling really disappointed when he changed to David Tennant. That disappointment went away VERY quickly. Matt Smith is growing on me, but Tennant is still bar none my favorite. I feel like Smith is a bit too arrogant. Tennant could be supremely self-confident, but usually only in cases of righteous fury.

Matt Smith narrowly beats David Tennant in my book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noteworthynerd View Post
    Matt Smith narrowly beats David Tennant in my book.
    Why is that? I'm getting a lot of poll votes, but most people haven't given a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    David Tennant for me. I was very sad when Matt replaced him, and stopped watching the series after a few episodes with him.
    I heard he's pretty good after a while though so might have to pick it up again.
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Why is that? I'm getting a lot of poll votes, but most people haven't given a reason.
    It's hard for me to pinpoint an exact reason... I loved David Tennant, don't get me wrong, and I was very sad to see him go (I'm not ashamed to admit that I teared up a little ), but Matt Smith has slowly edged him out as my favorite.

I think it's got something to do with the 11th Doctor's sense of humor, he's more silly than the 10th Doctor, and for some reason I like that. He's also more easy going, very little gets him worked up, but when he does get worked up, watch out! Karen Gillan being his companion doesn't hurt either.
    Last edited by noteworthynerd; 2012-03-20 at 03:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's hard for me to pinpoint an exact reason... I loved David Tennant, don't get me wrong, and I was very sad to see him go (I'm not ashamed to admit that I teared up a little ), but Matt Smith has slowly edged him out as my favorite.

I think it's got something to do with the 11th Doctor's sense of humor, he's more silly than the 10th Doctor, and for some reason I like that. Karen Gillan being his companion doesn't hurt either.
    You see, I don't really like Karen Gillan. I like her husband, but I think she's kind of got a nasty spirit. I much prefer Rose as a Doctor companion.

I don't necessarily like Amy Pond more than Rose Tyler or Donna Noble or even Martha Jones, but I "like" Karen Gillan more than Billie Piper, Catherine Tate or Freema Agyeman, if you catch my drift.

Tom Baker from when I watched growing up, but I also really liked David Tennant and Matt Smith is growing on me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    My starfall brings all the mobs to the yard.
    Laurellen - Druid Smiteyou - lol holy dps

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't necessarily like Amy Pond more than Rose Tyler or Donna Noble or even Martha Jones, but I "like" Karen Gillan more than Billie Piper, Catherine Tate or Freema Agyeman, if you catch my drift.
    I catch your drift, but I'm more attracted to Rose, or even Martha than I am to Amy. Donna definitely doesn't do it for me.

Deleted
    i like tennant the best (of the new 3, dont know the old ones). smith is a little too silly most of the time. and i LOVED the old tardis, the new ones seems like trap set up by pedobear..... just too cartoony. i loved the purenes of the old one. but i have to admit i realy like the last season with smith. the whole story with river song was sooo well written, and sooo confusing XD. just perfect for the doctor.
    what i would have loved would be tennant with the companiens of smith. i never had the feeling the fit very well into that all, but smith companions are perfect fit for him and the show

David Tenant, just because I enjoyed the show more with him in it, it's a fantastic watch all the way from start to how it's been left now, but he has to be my favorite!

Also, Face of Bo sub story was brilliant.
    Last edited by Dandruid; 2012-03-20 at 03:42 PM.

Deleted
    This poll is flawed. I doubt many of the people on this forum have ever seen the originals. The new doctors are good, but none of them compare to Pertwee, not even close. Any person who has ever seen all the Dr who's would just laugh at some one saying David tenant is better

Quote Originally Posted by Maztech View Post
    This poll is flawed.
    The fact that people haven't seen the originals doesn't make the poll flawed... It'd be flawed if the question was "Whose the best Doctor?" and then he only included the last three...

And even if everyone that has voted in this poll had seen the originals, I'd still bet money that Jon Pertwee wouldn't be the winner.