Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

Guild Wars 2 Box Prices... underpriced or to high

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

£65 is a lot for DIGITAL DELUXE. a game needs to make money, anything from the cash shop is opinion. if u dont buy anything from the shop it will not impact your gaming experience. so they need to make some money somewhere. besides the added game content updates.

But in the end of the day, it all depends on the value u place on the game and the extras you get. if i have the money at the time, ill get the DD version. otherwise ill be ok with the standard copy. as long as i can get the elite skill ingame and beta.

wht are ur thoughts?

Deleted
    I don't care about the price of the DD edition since it comes with useless Sh*t.

I'm getting the collector's edition.

Ryyyttllooocccckkk.

:3

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going for the Collector's myself, although I kinda think it's too expensive (especially if you're not in the dollar-region )
    But well, it's guild wars 2, so I don't care, I want the CE
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

I've been waiting 5 years for this game, played it on 2010 and 2011 gamescom, and it's worth it... any price would be a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by Harjkun View Post
    https://buy.guildwars2.com/

£65 is a lot for DIGITAL DELUXE. a game needs to make money, anything from the cash shop is opinion. if u dont buy anything from the shop it will not impact your gaming experience. so they need to make some money somewhere. besides the added game content updates.

But in the end of the day, it all depends on the value u place on the game and the extras you get. if i have the money at the time, ill get the DD version. otherwise ill be ok with the standard copy. as long as i can get the elite skill ingame and beta.

wht are ur thoughts?
    It's not that it won't impact your gaming experience. It will.
    It just won't effect game balance.
    Like, obviously someone who buys an extra character slot will have an impacted game experience due to that character slot, but he will have no advantage over people who did not buy said character slot.
    Anyways, back on topic..
    I think the box prices are fine as they are. They're not too expensive (I mean, come on, it costs the same as a single player game and you usually get MANY more hours of gameplay in an MMO as oppose to a single player game) and they're not too cheap (More than enough people will spend money in the cash shop. It's been proven time and time again in many F2P games. If F2P games can have constant updates from the cash shop revenue, why is a game with box sales + cash shop suddenly at a disadvantage?)

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 09:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I've been waiting 5 years for this game, played it on 2010 and 2011 gamescom, and it's worth it... any price would be a good price.
    Agreed, I'd happily fork over 150$ for just the base game. Is that weird? That's probably pretty fanboyish.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Agreed, I'd happily fork over 150$ for just the base game. Is that weird? That's probably pretty fanboyish.
    I might even buy 2 Collector's editions for the heck of it. So I understand that feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodhunter View Post
    I might even buy 2 Collector's editions for the heck of it. So I understand that feel.
    I considered the collectors edition, then slapped myself for being dumb and vowed to spend a MINIMUM of 70$ in the cash shop (difference between DD and Collectors) over my first 2 months of play instead.
    Either way I'm throwing my money at anet, but this way is better for the both of us, as they get more money, and I get more stuff that I will use.
    They get more money because I'm pretty sure that char slots cost them less than an actual charr (Heh) to give to me, and I get more stuff I will use.. because.. I don't listen to soundtracks.. >.>

(Not saying people who buy collectors ASSUMING CONTROL are dumb, just saying that it's not for me.)

I can't afford to buy the deluxe edition/collector's as it's a bit too far outta my budget...I suppose I'm still used to paying £30 for games....Plus the collector's is like half of my rent money ><

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I think the box prices are fine as they are. They're not too expensive (I mean, come on, it costs the same as a single player game and you usually get MANY more hours of gameplay in an MMO as oppose to a single player game) and they're not too cheap (More than enough people will spend money in the cash shop. It's been proven time and time again in many F2P games. If F2P games can have constant updates from the cash shop revenue, why is a game with box sales + cash shop suddenly at a disadvantage?)
    The problem is that if your currency isn't dollars your getting screwed over Americans pay 60 bucks for their single player games where as in UK we spend £40(though now ere seeing more £45 games) So to me they are overpriced for non dollar currency but if they increased the price of dollars I wouldn't have a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfuert View Post
    The problem is that if your currency isn't dollars your getting screwed over Americans pay 60 bucks for their single player games where as in UK we spend £40(though now ere seeing more £45 games) So to me they are overpriced for non dollar currency but if they increased the price of dollars I wouldn't have a problem.
    So you want them to increase our price because of your taxes, instead of lowering your price around the taxes?
    Well.. that just seems spiteful.

Deleted
    No monthly fee means that I expect them to charge a little more.

I want price to be around 1500 roubles :3

Buying the standard box edition, which is an acceptable price.

Deleted
    Let's just compare it to wow

WoW Vanilla & BC + 1 month = £10
    Wotlk £30
    Cata £30
    MoP £40?

That's £110 before you even start paying sub fees, so you play wow from vanilla to tbc(tbc wasnt free at the time so add another £40, at the time)

Assuming you've played since release with no breaks WoW's already cost you nearly £900 in subscriptions, GW2 has no subscription and the cash shop doesn't affect your gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Astelia View Post
    Let's just compare it to wow

WoW Vanilla & BC + 1 month = £10
    Wotlk £30
    Cata £30
    MoP £40?

That's £110 before you even start paying sub fees, so you play wow from vanilla to tbc(tbc wasnt free at the time so add another £40, at the time)

Assuming you've played since release with no breaks WoW's already cost you nearly £900 in subscriptions, GW2 has no subscription and the cash shop doesn't affect your gameplay.
    As far as box prices go that's not a COMPLETELY fair comparison, though, since you're counting expansions which GW2 will have but does not currently.

+ people were beta tester entire vanilla wow, kinda expensive.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be getting standard edition. I wish I could get CE. Rytlock statue looks pretty sweet.

They know what they're doing. They'll be making money off of this. I say just right and they have sound enough judgement to squeeze every penny like a good company.

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 04:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    No monthly fee means that I expect them to charge a little more.
    No monthly fee means you'll get the larger pieces of new content from buying expansions. It will work exactly how GW worked, they aren't deviating from the model.

I wish I could just buy a digital copy for the same price as the standard, without all the extra hooha.

Edit: Nevermind I'm pretty stupid.